Lightweight boom stand for SB800+umbrella?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
does anyone know if some place in SG sell this cheap?

i've been to CP, but i dun see the manfrotto version ard. my current lightweight stand don't have a telescopic arm so that i can position my sb800+umbrella overhead. trying to find one that is lightweight for a one-man operation. :)

TIA!

No problem la, just call me at 96880056 and we can meet at Eleganz in the evening... I have the M-1 Rotatable Lightstand there :)

does anyone know if some place in SG sell this cheap?

i've been to CP, but i dun see the manfrotto version ard. my current lightweight stand don't have a telescopic arm so that i can position my sb800+umbrella overhead. trying to find one that is lightweight for a one-man operation. :)

TIA!

I've been looking for this too! :D

Nightwolf where will you be getting it from?

I m selling 099+124 for S$75. it will be able to use a boom extension.

I m selling 099+124 for S$75. it will be able to use a boom extension.

any pics?
can't google any infor for it

any pics?
can't google any infor for it

if i read it right, manfrotto 099 is the telescopic arm, and the 124 is a rotatin clamp. either way... still need a lightstand b4 it is a complete set...

See this the LSB 1720, got a couple of them, come with sand bag - $130 each

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634595

can test at their shop in Roxy address at their Web

thanks PE! a bit far. mebbe after CNY, see how lah. :p

Just got one from kenneth a few day ago
if use as a normal light stand...it can be pass off as a heavy duty lightstand for monobloc
when use in boom mode i was recommend to use with with the speedlite+ light weight light modifier or the light weight monolight.
Didn't have a chance to use it outdoor yet but the actual is very tall and easily extend to more than 3 metre even in boom mode..it height easily exceeded most of the lightstands sold in the mass sale forum.

Just got one from kenneth a few day ago
if use as a normal light stand...it can be pass off as a heavy duty lightstand for monobloc
when use in boom mode i was recommend to use with with the speedlite+ light weight light modifier or the light weight monolight.
Didn't have a chance to use it outdoor yet but the actual is very tall and easily extend to more than 3 metre even in boom mode..it height easily exceeded most of the lightstands sold in the mass sale forum.

thanks for the info! i no longer use any strobes cos they are just darn too cumbersome. i'll be using it with my sb800 and umbrella. looks like this is just nice then. :)

just a quick update -

thanks to kenneth (aka afiend) who just delivered the whole setup to my place! this is how it looks like once set up.

as eow said above, it is a very sturdy lightstand. took a while for me to find the balance when setting up the sb800. but the whole thing is remarkably steady once i found the right balance. can't wait to try it out soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.