Let's break a world record!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just an idea that popped out over some dinner chit chat with some CS friends, can have all the photogs stationed at the 'top rim' of the stadium shooting inwards ... maybe can compose the world's longest panoramic photograph (hmmm ... maybe the orchard one longer ah ... :think: ) at the same time have the largest organised shoot in a stadium ... (each photog will have a different picture to take home as a 'piece' of memory as well :think: )

and yah, we need a team of orgianiser to handle this scale ... moderators? :)

Haha...since so many ideas revolving around the stadium, why not combine all..

1) The Kallang "Flash" Wave
2) Most photog to 1 model shoot
3) Compile a documentary collection of the Stadium

:thumbsup:

Or how abt the longest panorama ever? Line everyone up, sheares bridge, frm 1 end to another, each one take a shot. Den compile, print it poster size and den hang it up frm tip to tip?

I think good promotion for Canon Singapore for their large format printers and camera oso. :D

And den ppl will see the words 'Taken by 1DsMII, printed on Canon Photo Paper with blah-blah-blah, etc, etc'.

They get promotion, we get promotion, they happy, we happy, everyone happy.

Maybe can get Canon loan a EOS-1Ds MarkII for the event. Promotion for 2 products... ;)

There's this Marina Sail thing oso right? Seems that they are going big on advertising for the Marina Sail thing. They get the photos, they get the promotion too. :D

Paul_Yeo said:
11,000 photographers skydiving with their cameras and take some pic on the way down! (will the camera spoil?) camera shake how? :sweat:

This one must get air force to supply C130 and also skydiving lesson for 11,000 photographers :bigeyes: Anyone from RSAF want to help?

Venom81 said:
Wa... I believe you are anti canon/nikon. :think:
No lah, I think he just giving nikon/canon fair warning :bsmilie:

yqt said:
We'll set a record for the most no. of flashlight going off at the same time, lagest gethering of photographer at 1 event, get 1 model in the center of the field and we'll have the most no. of photographers at a model shoot!!! :bsmilie:

OK, what do we have so far.
1) Flash Light Kallang Wave
2) largest gathering of photographer in one place
3) Get a model and we have the lagest gathering of photographers for a model shoot
4) For the model, most photographed model in the world.
5) Largest gethering of Nikon/Conon/other brand of camera waiting to clean CCD/service camera at the service ctr :sweatsm: .
6) If we lay all our camera in a line, than longest line of camera.
7) Lagest no of skydiving Elvis photographers: Pending approval form RSAF if they ever consider it.

Anybody have any more to add?
ClubSnap Admin/Mods is it possible to do something about this?

jsbn said:
Maybe can get Canon loan a EOS-1Ds MarkII for the event. Promotion for 2 products... ;)

Hate to burst your bubble, but it'd be easier to have everybody chip in and buy a few than borrow one :)

espn said:
Hate to burst your bubble, but it'd be easier to have everybody chip in and buy a few than borrow one :)

espn I think he's a Canon guy lah!! :sweatsm:

sin77 said:
i like the Kallang stadium idea too
Better if we can get sponsors and the attention from the media.
So its like in memorial for the "going to be" demolished stadium.
The theme is: The Captures of Captures
i think there is a thread on shooting at the national stadium. started by witness? (correct me if i'm wrong.)
i recall he was also exploring if he can use clubsnap's name to promote the event, but i think he didn't get a response. tie in with him mebbe?

how about the biggest gathering of people at spinelli's chanting:

[size=+2]"BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY..."[/size]
:bsmilie:

this one is taken frm guinness world records.. http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/

How do I apply to set or break a record?"

The first thing you need to do is to tell us what record you're interested in breaking. Do this by filling in the form found in the Make a Record Attempt section of the website.

If you tell us that you want to break an existing record we'll send you the current record details and the relevant rules and guidelines for you to follow when you attempt to break that record.

If you wish to try something that hasn’t been done before or have already attempted a potential record then we'll need to pass your suggestion on to our research department first. They'll decide if it's something that we're interested in establishing as a new record category. If we are, they'll draw up the necessary guidelines and send them to you. If not, we can always suggest other records that you may wish to attempt.

"How long will it take for me to get a response to my record-breaking application?"

Each year we receive around 65,000 record-related enquiries from people who want to set or break records. Due to the number of queries we receive, it usually takes us between 4 and 6 weeks to reply, although sometimes it may take longer given the sheer volume of claims and queries we receive.

obviousdude said:
how about the biggest gathering of people at spinelli's chanting:

[size=+2]"BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY..."[/size]
:bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :sweatsm: :bsmilie: :sweatsm:

Anyone knows of any instrument to measure the luminance of camera flashes?

Everyone gather at National Stadium den set a world record for the world's highest luminance of camera flash going off simultaneously at a single subject.

Break 2 in a row.

so far i guess da mass gathering @ da national stdium would b interesting .

so far in da Guiness world record states da followin .

1) LARGEST GATHERING OF CLOWNS in 1991 wif 850 clowns

2) LARGEST GATHERING OF TWINS wif 3961 pairs of twins

3)LARGEST GATHERING OF SIKHS wif 8 million sikhs

4) LARGEST GATHERING OF VW CAMPER VANS wif 489 off

5) MOST PEOPLE WEARING GROUCHO MARX GLASSES wif 937 pax

so tat means we still haf da chance to get in to da record book .

wif havin da largest gathering of photographers .

more info visit "http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com"

amazing feats , mass participation / teamwork

regards

yqt said:
3) Get a model and we have the lagest gathering of photographers for a model shoot
5) Largest gethering of Nikon/Conon/other brand of camera waiting to clean CCD/service camera at the service ctr :sweatsm: .
7) Lagest no of skydiving Elvis photographers: Pending approval form RSAF if they ever consider it.

Morning buzzzzzzz. Let's keep this thread going and if we have more respond actually do something about it!!!

yqt said:

8) Lagest no of skydiving Elvis photographers taking photo's of the guy in CS t-shirt getting beaten up:
Pending approval form RSAF if they ever consider it. :bsmilie:

1) Flash Light Kallang Wave - Good idea...may work.

2) largest gathering of photographer in one place - How about Photokina?? I guess there'd be more photogs there, right? It'll be a difficult one to break.

3) Get a model and we have the lagest gathering of photographers for a model shoot - May work too.

4) For the model, most photographed model in the world. - Hehe...can't be more than supermodels like Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford etc.. Maybe most photographed model in 1 hour.

5) Largest gethering of Nikon/Conon/other brand of camera waiting to clean CCD/service camera at the service ctr :sweatsm: - eh...we need them to sponsor the event :angel:

6) If we lay all our camera in a line, than longest line of camera. - another possible one.

8) Lagest no of skydiving Elvis photographers taking photo's of the guy in CS t-shirt getting beaten up:
Pending approval form RSAF if they ever consider it. :bsmilie

Haha...good one...let's start taking skydiving lessons first :sweatsm:

HotSpots said:
1) Flash Light Kallang Wave - Good idea...may work.

2) largest gathering of photographer in one place - How about Photokina?? I guess there'd be more photogs there, right? It'll be a difficult one to break.

3) Get a model and we have the lagest gathering of photographers for a model shoot - May work too.

4) For the model, most photographed model in the world. - Hehe...can't be more than supermodels like Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford etc.. Maybe most photographed model in 1 hour.

5) Largest gethering of Nikon/Conon/other brand of camera waiting to clean CCD/service camera at the service ctr :sweatsm: - eh...we need them to sponsor the event :angel:

6) If we lay all our camera in a line, than longest line of camera. - another possible one.

Pending approval form RSAF if they ever consider it. :bsmilie

Haha...good one...let's start taking skydiving lessons first :sweatsm:

hotspot, after serious considration, i find your no. 6 ideal will be easier to do....

Status
Not open for further replies.