Lens flare problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
still unable to find where is the hell of the mystery link, web page or whatever....

Here:

IMG_1072.JPG

still unable to find where is the hell of the mystery link, web page or whatever....

the pic can be found here

took me a LONG time to find the mystery link too...haha

Last edited:
That can be. But in the example you gave, it's definitely not flare. The other elements of the picture are a bit smudged as well.

yup....it looks like smudgy......when my filter has condensation, it has almost the same effects....even worse....like dreamy dreamy effect...haha

the pic can be found here

took me a LONG time to find the mystery link too...haha
I see, thank you.

this one har?

is call fogging...

either your lens dirty, filter dirty, or lens fogging (internal) or condensation on lens or filter when weather too cold, etc.

confirm no filter can help........

Err.. how long have you had the lens? It appears that you don't know about lens cleaning. Yes, your UV filter is there to protect your lens, but it too can get dirty, right. A smudged/dirty lens doesn't have a prayer in into-the-light/flare-prone situations. Learn to clean and maintain!

Also, to clear up your apparent misconception, your Hoya filter WILL NOT reduce the amount of flare compared to a bare lens. The more elements the light has to go through before reaching the sensor/film, the poorer the image quality. Flare is caused by light reflecting between the elements. All other things being equal (they never are of course), the more elements the greater the flare. Adding a filter is like adding an element -- one more source of internal reflections.
The coatings on the filter (HMC stands for Hoya Multi-Coating) lessen but do not completely eliminate reflections that are CAUSED by the addition of the filter itself.
Even if you've got a perfectly-clean bare lens, flare may not be totally eliminated - there are some situations that are impossible for any lens. Learn the limitations of your equipment and work around them :)

I just bought my lens in mid-end nov'08....ever since have attached that Hoya MC filter / protector on the lens...yeah you are so rite...i know nothing about lens cleaning (very worried will spoilt the lens / filter)...

Normally if there's hand / finger mark on the filter how do you all clean it??? do you spray the solution / liquid directly to the filter? then use the lens tissue to wipe it? or how??

What are good cleaning kits?

If i detach the hoya filter and use the lens plus the hood...will it help?

I see, thank you.

this one har?

is call fogging...

either your lens dirty, filter dirty, or lens fogging (internal) or condensation on lens or filter when weather too cold, etc.

confirm no filter can help........

:confused: i will try to shot it again without the filter....
is it possible that my lens fogging (internal) or condensation on lens?? its only 1 month old...

hm..any of you own this lens and how do you shoot at nite? the setting....any filter used?

but this 17-55mm IS f2.8 is famous for dust sucker??

is it possible that my lens fogging (internal) or condensation on lens?? its only 1 month old...

hm..any of you own this lens and how do you shoot at nite? the setting....any filter used?

You really are confused.

What does the age of a lens have to do with condensation? NOTHING!

What does your condensation issue have to do with dust? NOTHING!

lens fogging is due to aging/deterioration of the coating, you have to wait many many many years for this to happen....

condensation is due to sudden change of temperature, it is just temporary, wait for awhile it will disappear.

little bit of dust won't die one! it won't affect images unless it is really really very very very bad, who can tell me which lens is dust free? Don't be so paranoid about dust, else you will just keep the lens in dry cabinet and don't take out liao.

so now back to your picture, it could be your camera or camera bag place in a aircon room/place, than you just take out the to take this shot, never wait for the condensation on the filter to go away.

Never fails to amaze mw how many treats their equiment like cuddly gems instead of using it.
I heard cases like paranoid individuals wanting to zip lock their equiments on boat ride scared kena lens.
Seriously,wet wet la just wipe loh.
Altho not 100% fool proof,it's all field tested and alittle water won't kill.

I just bought my lens in mid-end nov'08....ever since have attached that Hoya MC filter / protector on the lens...yeah you are so rite...i know nothing about lens cleaning (very worried will spoilt the lens / filter)...

Normally if there's hand / finger mark on the filter how do you all clean it??? do you spray the solution / liquid directly to the filter? then use the lens tissue to wipe it? or how??

What are good cleaning kits?

If i detach the hoya filter and use the lens plus the hood...will it help?

Get a lenspen.

lens fogging is due to aging/deterioration of the coating, you have to wait many many many years for this to happen....

condensation is due to sudden change of temperature, it is just temporary, wait for awhile it will disappear.

little bit of dust won't die one! it won't affect images unless it is really really very very very bad, who can tell me which lens is dust free? Don't be so paranoid about dust, else you will just keep the lens in dry cabinet and don't take out liao.

so now back to your picture, it could be your camera or camera bag place in a aircon room/place, than you just take out the to take this shot, never wait for the condensation on the filter to go away.

So its quite not possible for my lens to be having this fogging issue...
my camera is out all day...and when it reached nite time...i shot this below picture :

maybe it will be clearer for seniors out there to comment now. the EXIF data is intact.

So its quite not possible for my lens to be having this fogging issue...
my camera is out all day...and when it reached nite time...i shot this below picture :

maybe it will be clearer for seniors out there to comment now. the EXIF data is intact.

Dude. Seriously. Read the newbies guide, learn how to link images!

3146610083_9a06a98892.jpg

That looks like motion blur plus flare plus filter reflections plus smudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.