lending of cameras...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bartman said:
Bottomline is, if you do not trust the person asking for the item would take care of it, then don't lend it to them.
Can't agree more. Don't trust , don't lend.:think: :sticktong

ortega said:
just say no!

Yes, just say no. I did that to my lady colleague who tried to borrow my D100.
After I said no, she added in is for her photographer friend to use as her friend's camera is under repair. I still say no, very firm, as I don't trust.

I feel if it's a point & shoot camera then maybe... If it's a dSLR, then hell NO! :sticktong :sweatsm:

(and it's to a lady somemore...:devil: :bsmilie: )

wrx_sti_22b said:
I feel if it's a point & shoot camera then maybe... If it's a dSLR, then hell NO! :sticktong :sweatsm:

(and it's to a lady somemore...:devil: :bsmilie: )

That's why i don't let my sisters touch my DSLR. :bsmilie:

TeeCee said:
That's a different topic we r discussing here.
For the record if it's your spouse and he/she borrowed your DSLR and spoiled it.
Well, at least u can SCREW her/him....:lovegrin:

:bsmilie: you are funny..

Anyway, back to the thread, the answer is NO

user12343 said:
well, if s/he is the CFO whom you'll have to seek permission for CAPEX, why not :p

:think: the answer is still NO :bsmilie:

seng44 said:
That's why i don't let my sisters touch my DSLR. :bsmilie:
WAH LIAO!!!

i am a lady...!!!

i have little or no choice lah.. she called me to ask...

then i'll feel really bad if i say no.. and besides.. our families' pretty close...

but she doesn't know much about photography.. and i feel the ouch when she uses it to "play play" and "try try"...

i mean if she wants to borrow when i am around i'm alright.. but she wants me to lend her to bring home to play and for her to bring to europe...

*sigh*

and i really can't say no...

afbug said:
Mai neow la. Wanna lend, just lend it to her. If not, just tell her that you need it for taking pics of Mickey Mouse when he decides to come 'home'. :bsmilie:
and off the record.. afbug..

i dun like MICKEY!!

and "home"?!!

goodness.. he left "home" for greener pastures...

so why he wants to come back now??

ibitemynails said:
WAH LIAO!!!

i am a lady...!!!

then i'll feel really bad if i say no.. and besides.. our families' pretty close...

but she doesn't know much about photography.. and i feel the ouch when she uses it to "play play" and "try try"...

i mean if she wants to borrow when i am around i'm alright.. but she wants me to lend her to bring home to play and for her to bring to europe...

*sigh*

Better prepare for the worst. Or maybe you can give her some camera safety handling tips, like the camera should always be kept in the bag even when she wants to take pictures with it.

ibitemynails said:
WAH LIAO!!!

i am a lady...!!!

*sigh*

Simple lah.... send your camera to servicing... :bsmilie:

I don't lend my camera to people who can't afford to buy one, in case they drop it and break it, then claim they have no money to get me a new one.

The last time lend out film slr to cousin for couses come back 3 months later both lens got fungus camera body like kena 'longa' (accident), tell her the fungus thing she still dare to said already there before i lend to her. What to do? Paid for the cleaning la and bang ball..:mad2:

To lend or not really depend on you, if you think it's not worth to affect the bonding with your cousin just for this 1-2 thousand dollars equipment than go ahead lend her but let her know how much you precious this camera and make sure she really take good care of it. Otherwise just learn to say NO and let her know you will be using it very frequence.:lovegrin:

ibitemynails said:
WAH LIAO!!!

i am a lady...!!!

*sigh*

Say No or Tell her to get you another DSLR when she borrow yours to Europe.
Definately going to Europe will take quite a few days and u will need it for your shoot during that period.
If u have no shoot just Joint the CS outing as they have it all the time. (every weekend). :bsmilie:
And I'm sure the boys don't mind having you around.:lovegrin:

Think that lend her for a few days locally should be alright... if you give her a few "NO NOs" to adhere to... but I guess can't really guarantee wun drop it into the pond or swimming pool... haha... freak accidents always happen...

But bringing it to europe? Wow... that's like IMHO rather "dangerous"... she will be very preoccupied with many other things like Maps... and shopping and other stuff... to really care for your "precious" ... Hope that you will reconsider.. maybe make her get some insurance for it... in case something really happens...

ibitemynails said:
WAH LIAO!!!

i am a lady...!!!

*sigh*
If the relationship is important and 1-2K cannot be compare to it.
Lend it to her and meanwhile get another DSLR.

ibitemynails said:
WAH LIAO!!!

i am a lady...!!!

*sigh*

If you feel that by not lending, it will cause friction between your families then go ahead, but try giving her the cheaper zoom lens and keep the good lens at home, if she don't know the difference then all should be ok.

Presumably, we are talking D70, D100 or equivalent in $ range, if it's D2Hs, D2X $ range to someone who know nothing about camera it's tough, adivise her to take precaution because thieves usually target your type of branded DSLR and if possible check if she is insured by a travel insurance, look at the travel insurance terms and conditions on how/what are claimable.

All I can say, good luck... hopes it comes back in one piece, if it comes back at all.

../azul123

ibitemynails said:
WAH LIAO!!!

i am a lady...!!!

*sigh*

The only way to get out of this is:

Borrow someone's DSLR and lend to her.:bsmilie:

camera = "material" which is replaceable
cousin = family (loved ones!)

i just lost my cousin and no amount of money could get her back. if you love your cousin lend it to her.

**do you know that there is an Award winning Clubsnapper who would lend his DSLR (then it was a Nikon D2H) to other clubsnappers?

Status
Not open for further replies.