LCD monitors with only 18-bit colour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just bought the vp191s, no complaints, 8ms 24bit color

Update:

Dell 1905FP Price drop! $641! Maybe I should get another :)

Also, 2405FPW is now available... 24" widescreen for $1928.
Compare with Apple 23" Cinema HD is $2788.

erwinx said:
Update:

Dell 1905FP Price drop! $641! Maybe I should get another :)

Also, 2405FPW is now available... 24" widescreen for $1928.
Compare with Apple 23" Cinema HD is $2788.
I didn't see 2405PW, is it on Dell Singapore website? BTW, the 1905FP promotion is a good one.

dell.jpg

Dell 2405FPWdropped to $1542. One advantage is that the Dell has component inputs so can be used as a TV as well. Here's a pic showing the size difference between 1905 and 2405.

Strange I see the price as S$1735 after 5% off. How did u get the $1542?

Zerstorer said:
Strange I see the price as S$1735 after 5% off. How did u get the $1542?

there was a 'sale' price and now went back to regular price. just wait for the next sale i guess

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1057559&page=39&pp=15

add: http://forums.anandtech.com/message...eyword=&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear Dell 1905FP switching to AU-Optronics (aka Benq/Acer) LCD panels. I checked and mine is a Samsung Panel.

Thinking of replacing my Dual CRTs, but jus not so sure if LCDs can match CRTs (colors and ability to display details in dark / BnW Tones)

The Dell LCD 2405 is just so tempting, after reading so much positive reviews / feedbacks from users, One 2405 and 1905 would be really nice :)

Here's some feedback (to share) on the a/m monitors from users while doing some info gathering:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/search.php?searchid=2267268

geoyip said:
Thinking of replacing my Dual CRTs, but jus not so sure if LCDs can match CRTs (colors)

The Dell LCD 2405 is just so tempting, after reading so much positive reviews / feedbacks from users, One 2405 and 1905 would be really nice :)

Here's some feedback (to share) on the a/m monitors from users while doing some info gathering:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/search.php?searchid=2267268

if u think there're more pros dan cons to it.. mebbe can give some considerations..

of course it's not gonna be cheap as well even though LCD prices are dropping.. :sweat:

destiny_star said:
if u think there're more pros dan cons to it.. mebbe can give some considerations..

of course it's not gonna be cheap as well even though LCD prices are dropping.. :sweat:

Thanks for the feedback :)

Price has been dropping :) , the other concern i have is LCD's ability to display colors and details in dark / BnW Tones as compare with CRTs. From what I've gathered, CRTs still ahead, but the dell seems to be one LCD thats got a few Graphic Artist converting from CRTs.

geoyip said:
Thanks for the feedback :)

Price has been dropping :) , the other concern i have is LCD's ability to display colors and details in dark / BnW Tones as compare with CRTs. From what I've gathered, CRTs still ahead, but the dell seems to be one LCD thats got a few Graphic Artist converting from CRTs.

frankly i dunno how intensive u do ur PS work.. but is it really necessary to get such a gd one or is it dat u juz need a larger screen dat's all? i for myself can't really tell any difference between 12-bit and 18-bit colours.. Currently i'm using 17" Samsung SyncMaster 710T and i find it gd enuf for most of my work though a 19" 910T would be better.. hehe ;p

If $$ is not a constraint.. and u forsee it's a positive investment.. pretty much it would be fine.. But well as u know lah.. grass is always greener on the opposite side.. so proabably a few mths down the rd after u do bought them u may or may not have this thinking.. :sticktong

OTOH.. do bear in mind to get a gd graphics card too.. else it'll be quite ironic to have a not so gd card running on very gd monitors.. i haven't been to comex this time rnd... mebbe u can go check it out and make ur decision at a later stage..

destiny_star said:
frankly i dunno how intensive u do ur PS work.. but is it really necessary to get such a gd one or is it dat u juz need a larger screen dat's all? i for myself can't really tell any difference between 12-bit and 18-bit colours.. Currently i'm using 17" Samsung SyncMaster 710T and i find it gd enuf for most of my work though a 19" 910T would be better.. hehe ;p
PS is always open as long as work PC is booted ;p .

I'm not sure myself, but since i do work for ad agencies, don't want to be in a situation where the Creative Director comes back to comment "how come some of the details here is lost after we past the files to u" have not encounted but would like to avoid such situation aspecially when most Creative Directors are obsess with details.

destiny_star said:
If $$ is not a constraint.. and u forsee it's a positive investment.. pretty much it would be fine.. But well as u know lah.. grass is always greener on the opposite side.. so proabably a few mths down the rd after u do bought them u may or may not have this thinking.. :sticktong
Can't be help .... so got to live with it ;p

destiny_star said:
OTOH.. do bear in mind to get a gd graphics card too.. else it'll be quite ironic to have a not so gd card running on very gd monitors.. i haven't been to comex this time rnd... mebbe u can go check it out and make ur decision at a later stage..
I juz upgraded my PC, got a Matrox P650 PCIe 128, I luv this baby :thumbsup: was using the 550 before and after I change to this card, started to relise details that had not before.

Ya, think I'll give more time, anyway the discounts at comdex so so ... some comes with freebies (which i don't need).

Thanks for the Feedback N Advice :)

Anyone wanna interested in buying my 24 bit 19" Sharp LL-T19D1-H?

There seems to be an LG model that's 8bit though. Going for $599.

You might want to check the HWZ forums, there's a thread on this (I think.)

Status
Not open for further replies.