[kuantoh] Travelogue - Our Honeymoon in Switzerland 2011

6226402549_bbbe126083_b.jpg

20-09-11: Shot of Riffelsee lake after sun sets behind the Matterhorn. As I waited for the sun to set behind Matterhorn and colors began to form and lighting become less harsh, I took 5 shots at different exposures for blending this final image. Simply breathtaking.​

6226402549_bbbe126083_b.jpg

20-09-11: Shot of Riffelsee lake after sun sets behind the Matterhorn. As I waited for the sun to set behind Matterhorn and colors began to form and lighting become less harsh, I took 5 shots at different exposures for blending this final image. Simply breathtaking.​

really nice shots so far. but this one's really stunning! what is that vegetation in the foreground? really cool stuff!

really nice shots so far. but this one's really stunning! what is that vegetation in the foreground? really cool stuff!

Thanks bro :) The vegetation in the foreground is a species of flowering plant in the cat-tail family known by the common name narrowleaf bur-reed (Sparganium angustifolium) and only found in the northern latitudes of the northern hemisphere.

Hi Kuantoh,

i dunno why but as far as i have seen all your travel threads, they never fail to amaze me. Some shots even send shivers down my spine...IT IS THAT GOOD!

Pls do include me in your photo outings if you do happen to organise one soon, hope to learn a thing or two from you

Best:

#20 and #21 are nice, but naturally #21 is better for me. I only wish there was either more grass overall in #21 or none at all - right now that little tuft in the corner is a wee bit out of place. Beautiful shot nonetheless.

P.S. I would have camped, honeymoon or not. :p

Hi Kuantoh,

i dunno why but as far as i have seen all your travel threads, they never fail to amaze me. Some shots even send shivers down my spine...IT IS THAT GOOD!

Pls do include me in your photo outings if you do happen to organise one soon, hope to learn a thing or two from you

Best:

Thanks for the support :) There is really still much room for improvement in my opinion as I continue to explore. First time hearing that my shots can send shivers down a person. Lol... Unique description.

I may be organising a photo outing this coming saturday afternoon depending on weather. I will be posting up the event HERE once details are firmed.

#20 and #21 are nice, but naturally #21 is better for me. I only wish there was either more grass overall in #21 or none at all - right now that little tuft in the corner is a wee bit out of place. Beautiful shot nonetheless.

P.S. I would have camped, honeymoon or not. :p

Thanks for dropping by man. If few weeks earlier I am there, the cottongrass may still be around there in full bloom. It's indeed a beautiful place. U can afford to camp coz urs may camp with u rite. Even if she dun camp, u would have camp nevertheless while she roam about elsewhere. Haha...

6226403501_4781bd65c5_b.jpg

20-09-11: Another perspective of the Riffelsee lake in sunset. Personally I still prefer the landscape over the portrait presentation of the lake.​

I agree that the landscape shot is better - it's just more balanced. Your portrait presentation is extremely left heavy, with a lot of weight given to the leftmost mountain. In the landscape orientation this is balanced out by the slightly smaller peak to the right but that's just well, not present in the vertical version. This could change if there was a key (and prominent) foreground element on the bottom right. :)

P.S. Did you take any photos from this other lake that archlover lists as Lake Stellisee, would love to see them if you did.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/archlover/erotrip/sIMG_3366.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that the landscape shot is better - it's just more balanced. Your portrait presentation is extremely left heavy, with a lot of weight given to the leftmost mountain. In the landscape orientation this is balanced out by the slightly smaller peak to the right but that's just well, not present in the vertical version. This could change if there was a key (and prominent) foreground element on the bottom right. :)

P.S. Did you take any photos from this other lake that archlover lists as Lake Stellisee, would love to see them if you did.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/archlover/erotrip/sIMG_3366.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. That was what I felt too. As for Lake Stellisee, sad to say, we had only 2 nights in that area so we skipped it. Transport for sunrise to this area is an issue for early morning sunrise unless we stayed overnight in the accommodation nearby there but alas, we chose to stay in Zermatt for ease of access to a couple of scenic spots.

6238205652_e7ee9c560c_b.jpg

21-09-11: Dawn in Zermatt. Regretted not waking up earlier to capture more shots for making the star trails. But enjoying the skin piercing wind and cold with the light slowly seeping around lighting up the village and Matterhorn is one thing I enjoyed most in the entire trip.​

6238206544_4318db399c_b.jpg

21-09-11: Nice views of Matterhorn from the balcony of the room. Simply loved the lovely morning and surroundings around the hotel. Panorama stitch of 7 shots view of the hotel and the sister hotel with Zermatt in background.​

6237684243_a0bfccb35b_b.jpg

21-09-11: Colors upon Matterhorn. Just as I was keeping my tripod thinking that the sunrise was over as the skies get brighter, the tip of Matterhorn was lit up with fiery orangy red by the sun. I could not resist taking a close up shot of the tip so out comes the camera again at 300mm, I caught the "headshot" of the Matterhorn. The colors on Matterhorn came fast and furious, lasting only a couple of minutes. Snapped just 2 shots close up of the Matterhorn tip for a "head shot" profile.​

Awesome photos of the Matterhorn and Zermatt! Mine looks super amateur in comparison to yours!! :(

Superb series, #21 is a beauty, perfect timing!

Awesome photos of the Matterhorn and Zermatt! Mine looks super amateur in comparison to yours!! :(

Thanks. You do have some great shots from your Europe collection too :) And they don't look amateur at all. Haha...

Superb series, #21 is a beauty, perfect timing!

Thanks!

6238207874_efedcde07f_b.jpg

21-09-11: Black and white presentation of the Matterhorn after sunrise. The light just nicely lit up the peak of Matterhorn, in contrast to the slopes in shadows.​

21-09-11: Black and white presentation of the Matterhorn after sunrise. The light just nicely lit up the peak of Matterhorn, in contrast to the slopes in shadows.​

This is nice, great contrast and composition, very Ansel Adamish.

6240461831_e3dcd9a7d1_b.jpg

21-09-11: Leaving Zermatt village in the gondola lift up to Schwarzsee Paradise. I am not a big fan of cable cars but I do feel really secure in these. Maybe it's just me. Lol...​