Kopi Session III... this time there will be classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Till the June session then, fellas. Sorry you cannot make it.

DATE : 19th May 2007 (note the date has been changed, no longer on 22nd May 2007)
Time : 7:00pm
Place : f-stop Cafe at Boat Quay

CLICK HERE TO SEE MAP

The 4/3 section group are a rowdy, err.. friendly bunch.... The last two times we met, we were spending time to get to know one another better, and therefore many of the agenda that we were supposed to be talking about were never touched in depth.

So I have decided to make things a little more "formatted" so that there is something to stick to.

For this, in the next kopi session, we will do a "seminar style" presentation for the basic training in these areas, before we drift off and chat again, (which we love to do) :
  • Basics of photography.
  • Relationship between film and digital photography, and their differences.
  • Field of View and your Point of View about the 4/3 system.
  • Camera settings and what on earth they really do.
  • So many lenses and focal length, when to use what?
  • Photoshop, Olympus Master and Olympus Studio... (touch and go about this, as it opens up a can of worms).
Some changes made above. Topics are subjected to change. Based on time allocated.

And... A special review of the E-410 and all the new functions within the camera. (Please, we are not comparing this with other products, just a review of what is new and usable in the new series of cameras).

** The above are subjected to change. We will update the changes.

Who should attend?
  1. Anyone who owns a 4/3 camera system or intending to get one.
  2. Someone who own a 4/3 camera system and want to better learn how to optimize your investment.
Add your names to the list (as usual)

1. microcosm
2. drakon09
3. vendeta
4. divefree73
5. i2wire
6. starsky
7. NatureTTL
8. Tom Yam Soup
9. boochap

As usual, we would love to see more Panny users come join us at these outings. We will share about how our Panny cousins are adding more excitement to the "family". Cheers.

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE CHANGE. THANK YOU.

Any plans when in June? Will be heading to Komodo from the 14-25th and reservist from the 25th to 1st July.

I really have no idea at the moment. Will keep you posted.

Any plans when in June? Will be heading to Komodo from the 14-25th and reservist from the 25th to 1st July.

Komodo and Flores LOBs are getting to be quite affordable nowadays.

Considering... :think:

Which planets are these places located? I have no idea what you guys are talking about... :think:

Indonesia.

Due to some of the islands' inaccessibility, they offer some of the best diving spots in the world... for now at least.

22nd sure can but 19th can;t. I had to work until 7:30pm.
Too bad. :(

DATE : 19th May 2007 (note the date has been changed, no longer on 22nd May 2007)

CLICK HERE TO SEE MAP

The 4/3 section group are a rowdy, err.. friendly bunch.... The last two times we met, we were spending time to get to know one another better, and therefore many of the agenda that we were supposed to be talking about were never touched in depth.

So I have decided to make things a little more "formatted" so that there is something to stick to.

For this, in the next kopi session, we will do a "seminar style" presentation for the basic training in these areas, before we drift off and chat again, (which we love to do) :
  • Basics of photography.
  • Photoshop, Olympus Master and Olympus Studio... (touch and go about this, as it opens up a can of worms).
Some changes made above. Topics are subjected to change. Based on time allocated.

And... A special review of the E-410 and all the new functions within the camera. (Please, we are not comparing this with other products, just a review of what is new and usable in the new series of cameras).

Who should attend?
  2. Someone who own a 4/3 camera system and want to better learn how to optimize your investment.

1. microcosm
2. drakon09
3. vendeta
4. divefree73
5. i2wire
6. starsky
7. NatureTTL
8. Tom Yam Soup
9. boochap
10. Producer

As usual, we would love to see more Panny users come join us at these outings. We will share about how our Panny cousins are adding more excitement to the "family". Cheers.

CLICK HERE TO SEE MAP

• Basics of photography.

Who should attend?

1. microcosm
2. drakon09
3. vendeta
4. divefree73
5. i2wire
6. starsky
7. NatureTTL
8. Tom Yam Soup
9. boochap
10. Producer
11. kirana

panny fz5 can? :bsmilie:

panny fz5 can?

Its a Panny right? I did not specify which Panny you know? :bsmilie:

I am adding you to the list.

CLICK HERE TO SEE MAP

• Basics of photography.

Who should attend?

1. microcosm
2. drakon09
3. vendeta
4. divefree73
5. i2wire
6. starsky
7. NatureTTL
8. Tom Yam Soup
9. boochap
10. Producer
11. kirana
12. schon

See you there then... feel free to ask questions and maybe see the Big L in action. (A few of the guys here owns the L-1).

See you there then... feel free to ask questions and maybe see the Big L in action. (A few of the guys here owns the L-1).

cool... although I would very much like to see a LC-1. :)

wondering why didn't they follow up on that model. well the L1 is supposed to be a replacement, but it's huge.

cool... although I would very much like to see a LC-1. :)

wondering why didn't they follow up on that model. well the L1 is supposed to be a replacement, but it's huge.

Let's see if any kind souls will surprise you during the gathering then.:bsmilie:

1. microcosm
2. drakon09
3. vendeta
4. divefree73
5. i2wire
6. starsky
7. NatureTTL
8. Tom Yam Soup
9. boochap
10. Producer
11. kirana
12. schon
13. leejay + gf

Add your names to the list :

1. microcosm
2. drakon09 (might not make it to the gathering because of work commitments)
3. vendeta
4. divefree73
5. i2wire
6. starsky
7. NatureTTL
8. Tom Yam Soup
9. boochap
10. Producer
11. kirana
12. schon
13. leejay
14. leejay's gf

Reserve List :

(OK, have to cap the number of participants at 15 as the space at the cafe is limited).

PLEASE confirm your attendance and if you cannot make it for the gathering, please update this list so that last minute attendees can have a chance to join in. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.