Kodak ISO Max 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by makan007
Do I need to bring my camera along to try out the new lens? Confirm can fit onto any models of camera?
For best result, pls bring along your camera to try it out.
Oso, 3rd party lens refer to those that are make by other brands but able to be used on the system.

Eg : Sigma, Tokina, Tamron etc etc etc....

Usually, these lens are cheaper then the "original" counterpart. Some of it may be cheaper, but the quailty of the len may not be as good.

Before embarking on the quest to get them, it is always wiser and better to consult people that have lens themsleves or just simply ask!

Originally posted by Bluestrike

For best result, pls bring along your camera to try it out.
Oso, 3rd party lens refer to those that are make by other brands but able to be used on the system.

Eg : Sigma, Tokina, Tamron etc etc etc....

Usually, these lens are cheaper then the "original" counterpart. Some of it may be cheaper, but the quailty of the len may not be as good.

Before embarking on the quest to get them, it is always wiser and better to consult people that have lens themsleves or just simply ask!
:dunno:
Any product review on Canon 50mm f1.8 that I can read?

shy? Then meet at shop when u wanna buy lor.

BTW, yes, tht's the one. No lens can get cheaper than that. :eek:

Originally posted by Shadus
shy? Then meet at shop when u wanna buy lor.

BTW, yes, tht's the one. No lens can get cheaper than that. :eek:
Is stated $160 on Canon's website. Really can get at $130 elsewhere?

Is stated $160 on Canon's website. Really can get at $130 elsewhere?
Well if you can wait, then wait for someone to sell and you get it lor... might not even be more then $100.

If not, a 1st-hand one will cost abt 130-140 ard there ......

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Well if you can wait, then wait for someone to sell and you get it lor... might not even be more then $100.

If not, a 1st-hand one will cost abt 130-140 ard there ......
Ok. Thank you very much everyone! Have a nice day. :)

Do I need to bring my camera along to try out the new lens? Confirm can fit onto any models of camera?

The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 mkII will only fit Canon EOS xxx cameras. Your EOS 500 is no exception. If you have a Canon AE-1 Program, that's a different story.

Regards
CK

I bought the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 lens today. Now, how do I zoom without the zooming ring?

I bought the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 lens today. Now, how do I zoom without the zooming ring?

You can't. This is a fixed 50mm lens. To "zoom in", walk closer to your subject. To "zoom out", walk further away. This is also appropriately termed "foot zooming".

But your pictures will be sharp. Very sharp compared to the lens that came with the camera.

Regards
CK

How do I choose know which lens come integrated w/zooming ring? I wanted to take pics from far away with zoom.

How do I choose know which lens come integrated w/zooming ring? I wanted to take pics from far away with zoom.

Just by the name. A zoom lens will have a description like Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM. A prime (fixed) lens will have a description like Canon EF 50mm f1.8 mk II.

A prime lens is very good for training yourself in terms of composition as it forces you to walk around, looking for the best angle to shoot instead of staying put and zooming in/out.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Just by the name. A zoom lens will have a description like Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM. A prime (fixed) lens will have a description like Canon EF 50mm f1.8 mk II.

A prime lens is very good for training yourself in terms of composition as it forces you to walk around, looking for the best angle to shoot instead of staying put and zooming in/out.

Regards
CK
Ok. Now I know how to distinguish b/w the two. I should have look for Zoom Lenses in the first place. NVM, I can still use it for close-up shooting. Thanks ckiang. ;)

Good fast zooms cost something like $1.5k and above.

the EF 70-200 f2.8L USM is about $2.3k
or you can consider the Sigma 70-200mm $1.3k

Originally posted by Shadus
Good fast zooms cost something like $1.5k and above.

the EF 70-200 f2.8L USM is about $2.3k
or you can consider the Sigma 70-200mm $1.3k
U know of places that sells second-hand lenses? Is there any?

Originally posted by mpenza
The Camera Workshop in Peninsula shopping centre sells 2nd hand lens.
Ok. Will go check it up. :)

I just used up 2 out of 4 rolls of Kodak max 400. Courtesy of Ziploc. Heard bout the bad reviews from clubsnappers....from wat i see from the index print so far...ok lah. I havent got it printed out on 3R so i dun know the exact "damage"....maybe i post up something soon as i develop some 3R?

I hope they turn out fine...coz i took some precious shots with them.

By the way....zippy, i gave the other 2 rolls of film to my classmates, they were desperate to get film to shoot while on an outing. Hope you didnt mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.