k10d with 18-200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do a google...there are alot of "personal" opinions out there.
I believe the different camps ended up with bad batches which is why some saw the tamron images as flawed while other saw the same for the sigma. overall, I doubt I can see the difference in real life if I don't scrutinise the images with the a magnifying glass!
But personally for me also, the sigma lens look nicer. the gold rings on the tamron look so "uncle" for me (although I am an uncle myself..haha).

Frankly, as I said, it's all down to sample variation.

I suspect that if the manufacturing tolerences were tighter, the lenses would be uniformly excellent - indistinguishable sharpness to the nikon 18-200.

I think end user...like me using DSLR as P&S:embrass: and print not bigger than A4, both lense should be ok right ?:think:

true, i think a lot down to sample variation. better test before buying..

can try to find sigma 10-12 and tokina 35-300 PK mount, sharp as Nikon.

tamron 18-200's 200mm too soft and F6.3 is too small...

tokina 100-300/4 or 300/2.8 PK also a good choice if u can not get pentax 80-200/2.8 and 300/2.8.

can try to find sigma 10-12 and tokina 35-300 PK mount, sharp as Nikon.

tamron 18-200's 200mm too soft and F6.3 is too small...

tokina 100-300/4 or 300/2.8 PK also a good choice if u can not get pentax 80-200/2.8 and 300/2.8.

At 200mm, I suspect that a consumer 70-300 (newest sigma or tamron) will be sharper than the 18-200. Paired with a kit lens, you get a larger range, at the expense of carrying (and changing between) two lenses.

Recommending a 300/2.8 or 100-300/4 to someone in the market for a superzoom is madness. They're wayyyy too heavy.

is the tamron 18-250 out yet? anyone know the price?

actually, how do we test the lens before buying?

is the tamron 18-250 out yet? anyone know the price?

actually, how do we test the lens before buying?

Yes, it's available in the States now for Canon and Nikon, but not for Pentax and Sony/KM yet.

Here is a review about this one:
http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/reviews/tamron_18_250.html

And I like the this part the best (quoted from the reviewer) ;)
You could get a Pentax K100D + Tamron 18-250 for under $1000 and have a pretty nice "Point and Shoot" Digital SLR with built in image stabilization, a zoom range wide enough for almost anyone and better image quality than any small sensor digicam.

Cheers!

Yes, it's available in the States now for Canon and Nikon, but not for Pentax and Sony/KM yet.

Here is a review about this one:
http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/reviews/tamron_18_250.html

And I like the this part the best (quoted from the reviewer) ;)

Cheers!

at US$500, quite ex also....

Pentax has any equivalent range? the closest is thw 18-200?

at US$500, quite ex also....

Pentax has any equivalent range? the closest is thw 18-200?

Pentax has nothing which is even slightly equivalent. (well. they have a 50-200 and an 18-55...)

Status
Not open for further replies.