k01 kit len

Thanks for all the replies. Since both IQ is good, then I go for the lighter one. :) Time to pay attention to BnS.

So how many Manual lens does canon have actually? You should know some lens comes with dual focus and for what cash do I need to splash 5 figure on something that fails and people ssshhh like nothing happens. Might as well get a canon PNS

not trying to start another brand war here. just trying to put some perspective. I'm just saying Pentax has some expensive SDM lenses too that arguably have an AF reliability issue.

actually on a lighter note, if you buy an entry level C&N body with no AF motor you'll suddenly find that a lot of lenses only MF! ;)

Are they even selling the 40mm F/2.8 XS on its own? I don't think I've seen a price for that yet.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be getting a K-01, yet I'm interested in the lens. :bsmilie:

I was seriously considering "upgrading" from my k-x to a k-01 for the k-5 sensor & the oh so sexy da40xs...

Then I woke up & grabbed an almost new k-5 on BNS for a good price. I just can't give up that lightning fast PDAF (to me at least), 7fps, WR body & super swee 100% OVF! :p

Last edited:
actually orient photo is selling the da40xs by itself also. i gotten it earlier this mth, and i'm loving every bit of it!

iluvit said:
actually orient photo is selling the da40xs by itself also. i gotten it earlier this mth, and i'm loving every bit of it!

How much? I m still looking as the brother agreed to trade cancelled the trade.

De-kit from body?

i guess they removed it from the kit and sell it separately.
the lens comes with a brown box.

How much? I m still looking as the brother agreed to trade cancelled the trade.

gotten it at $320. i actually called slrr, alan, the JP store and non of them have the lens itself. (but this is during earlier this mth).

really made my canon friend envy of that size! here's some street photos i took with it.
only cropped, otherwise not edited in anyway, str out of cam.
Street Photography - a set on Flickr

Last edited:
edutilos- said:
Are they even selling the 40mm F/2.8 XS on its own? I don't think I've seen a price for that yet.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be getting a K-01, yet I'm interested in the lens. :bsmilie:

Yes, i got mine last saturday from slrr

Congrats Bro. Please do post some testing shots when convenient :)

Enjoy.

Some images from Paris taken with the 40mm XS as promised.

7106216545_923c1fb9a4_o.jpg

7090693413_7c8c4807a1_o.jpg

IMGP8374.jpg

Some images from Paris taken with the 40mm XS as promised.

7106216545_923c1fb9a4_o.jpg

I can see a queue forming up to buy this lens with this pict. :D
Deliciously detailed and subject isolation.
40ltd performance for $300. :thumbsup:

oh wow #3 is damn cool! (this is why i must check your posts over here as well, just based on your flickr i will missed out stuff like this)

this is like an out of this world shot. felt like it belongs to a scene created in inception. very surreal and wow at the symmetry!

hehe i also got the 40XS, damn cool lens!

I can see a queue forming up to buy this lens with this pict. :D
Deliciously detailed and subject isolation.
40ltd performance for $300. :thumbsup:
Thanks. I like the bokeh of this lens, it's beautiful.

Focusing is fast, and best of all, I can throw it into a bag without worrying about added weight.
oh wow #3 is damn cool! (this is why i must check your posts over here as well, just based on your flickr i will missed out stuff like this)

this is like an out of this world shot. felt like it belongs to a scene created in inception. very surreal and wow at the symmetry!

hehe i also got the 40XS, damn cool lens!
Heh, I haven't uploaded it on Flickr yet... Just edited it.. :)

That's Bir Hakeim Bridge, the same bridge in Inception, incidentally.. :)

http://www.filmapia.com/sites/defau...cene/scene/vlcsnap-2011-06-14-11h06m03s93.png

Thanks. I like the bokeh of this lens, it's beautiful.

Focusing is fast, and best of all, I can throw it into a bag without worrying about added weight.

Heh, I haven't uploaded it on Flickr yet... Just edited it.. :)

That's Bir Hakeim Bridge, the same bridge in Inception, incidentally.. :)

http://www.filmapia.com/sites/defau...cene/scene/vlcsnap-2011-06-14-11h06m03s93.png

oh wow. i just had mind blown by this piece of information!!! :eek: i can understand why they decided to choose this for inception! amazing bridge!