Justify to accept Blue Tinted, Green-Faced photos for Paid, Once a Lifetime Services?

Justify to accept Blue Tinted, Green-Faced photos for Paid, Once a Lifetime Services?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, sometimes these professional photographers insist on (and the couples agreed to) payment in full in advance....

What views do you want? If the photos are not good, don't pay!

Uhm, just to elaborate, the yellowish tint is present in actual photographs printed, not viewed on screen or on CD.

Sorry if i missed it somewhere.. but how do you know?

It really seem like you are the TS here, answering everyone's reply when TS himself disappeared :thumbsup:

A couple of days ago, I was having coffee at Starbuck. There was this wedding photographer there meeting his clients. Actually, he had a few potential clients scheduled for the day.

All I noticed, a common denominator, was the questioned asked by the couple, I was sitting less than a meter away, ... what is the package price, anything free, can you throw in this or that .....

pathetic ...

afterwards, I strike a coversation with the photographer ... and long story short, he is not charging a fair price for himself either ...

I told him, he should triple his price to attract a better clientale .... he did not get it ...

To clear up the doubt, I am not referring to the thread starter's example but my own.

My response was made in response to your post, which was made in response to lsisaxon's post, and that was made in response to mine. Hence I interpreted your comment as a reference to my post.

Sorry if i missed it somewhere.. but how do you know?

It really seem like you are the TS here, answering everyone's reply when TS himself disappeared :thumbsup:

it could have been the processing lab that is not calibrated or the operator did the wrong adjustments, or auto everything printing. you'll never know

bring it to a good lab to have the pictures printed again
I am sure that it will be different

I suppose he's a little too professional that he refuses to check the printouts before handing over to his customer :) :)

it could have been the processing lab that is not calibrated or the operator did the wrong adjustments, or auto everything printing. you'll never know

Imagine this is your once a lifetime wedding. Your photographer uses Picasa 3.0 to do batch processing. Nothing wrong if the final result is (1) Professional, (2) Correctly Expose Adjusted and (3) At Least Generally Good Composition.

However, (1) and (2) is not acceptable. The photographer is among one of the guys here who spent in the region of $10K in equipment.

I think the photography standard needs to be raised up. They need to be certified to know how to shoot a wedding.

Give your views.

10K is mediocre for doing Weddings... and even if the guy has invested well over 100k, it's still not a means to measure his/her capabilities...
And Weddings, requires photogs with good track records and portfolios...

Even a seasoned, technically experienced and knowledgedable photog, does NOT necessarily make a good Wedding Photographer...

You will only find quality with people of high repute, or AT LEAST some viewable track records....

Just my opinions... :embrass:
I myself don't dare mess around with my friend's wedding even though he pestered me many times... I refered him to a commercial professional studio instead...

Imagine this is your once a lifetime wedding. Your photographer uses Picasa 3.0 to do batch processing. Nothing wrong if the final result is (1) Professional, (2) Correctly Expose Adjusted and (3) At Least Generally Good Composition.

However, (1) and (2) is not acceptable. The photographer is among one of the guys here who spent in the region of $10K in equipment.

I think the photography standard needs to be raised up. They need to be certified to know how to shoot a wedding.

Give your views.
#1, how do you know the photographer is using Picasa 3.0 to do batch processing?
#2, spend $10K in equipment does not guarantee his is a good photographer or will come out nice photos.

finally, I know of many photographers (pros and seasonal free lancers) not using top of the line cameras, only one lens plus one flash, shoot wedding in jpg, and send for lab print without any post processing, result are good too, btw, not all of them are in sub 1k category.

maybe it is not about raising the standard of photography, is the believing the myth of
"better equipments deliver results",
"you should post process all your photos",
"shooting RAW is the only way",

without understand the fundamental about photography.

I suppose he's a little too professional that he refuses to check the printouts before handing over to his customer :) :)

Maybe he's colour blind? Rely on the lab to correct the colour for him? ;p

I know someone who paid few thounsands for a supposed professional photographer for the actual day wedding. Pictures turned out yellowish and obviously not colour balanced.

The funny thing is that professional photographer often warns others on the risks of employing freelancers and that to have low risk, must get those so called professionals.

I knew a relative who hired a PROFESSIONAL videographer and when they saw the results, they are cursing and swearing never to recommend him.

I think he should compare the print and the digital photos to see if they are the same...

Did not see his porfolio before engaging him for the shoot???? If too far diff from the porfolio he showed, then dun pay loh...but lost of the pics are :cry:

Anybody watched "Just Follow Law"?

The definition of professional in Singapore is someone who...

1) Try his personal best to do the job given.
2/ No gauranteed results.
3) Money must still pay irregardless of results.

Look at it this way, every "professional" profession are the same. Be it auditor, doctor or lawyers. All are called professional. But, all cannot guarantee results. What makes u think a photography PROFESSIONAL can?

Doctors and lawyers will advise you of the risk so that you can make the decsion yourself.

Have you ever heard a professional photographer say to a client "You know arh, there is a risk that your photographs will come out blue/yellow/etc tinted. These are due to reasons beyond my control, so if you engage me, please be aware of the risk that the photograph will turn out funny coloured. Okay, now please sign here.."

Anybody watched "Just Follow Law"?

The definition of professional in Singapore is someone who...

1) Try his personal best to do the job given.
2/ No gauranteed results.
3) Money must still pay irregardless of results.

Look at it this way, every "professional" profession are the same. Be it auditor, doctor or lawyers. All are called professional. But, all cannot guarantee results. What makes u think a photography PROFESSIONAL can?

Doctors and lawyers will advise you of the risk so that you can make the decsion yourself.

Have you ever heard a professional photographer say to a client "You know arh, there is a risk that your photographs will come out blue/yellow/etc tinted. These are due to reasons beyond my control, so if you engage me, please be aware of the risk that the photograph will turn out funny coloured. Okay, now please sign here.."

lol..nice clause to add..:bsmilie: safeguard ourselves..:bsmilie:

yes, I always my customers that I will do my best to give you results, you can my see portfolio for what I can deliver, but there always something that is beyond my control, however, I will ensure that on my side I will not short change you.

if the customers still in doubt, I just simply tell them, I'm not God, can't guarantee you anything.
If somebody can guarantee you anything, please go ahead.

Yah, porfolio is very important....at least the standard shouldn't diff too much.

yes, I always my customers that I will do my best to give you results, you can my see portfolio for what I can deliver, but there always something that is beyond my control, however, I will ensure that on my side I will not short change you.

if the customers still in doubt, I just simply tell them, I'm not God, can't guarantee you anything.
If somebody can guarantee you anything, please go ahead.

Sure go ahead and add it :) If customers read it, I wonder what their reaction will be heeheheh :)

lol..nice clause to add..:bsmilie: safeguard ourselves..:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.