Just want to greet everyone here + Lens advise.

personally i think, no harm having the 35 or 50mm for low light usage =x

I think you should shoot more with your kit lens first and really narrow down what (if any) is lacking in your setup. Don't be in too much of a hurry to acquire more gear.

Better gear doesn't necessarily equate to better pictures, especially so for people who believe this is true ;)

personally i think, no harm having the 35 or 50mm for low light usage =x

Agreed with luckyorange.. i also have the same setup.. But I think you should shoot more with your kit lens.. :) then think abt what other lens you wanna get.. alternative is you can rent the lens you looking at out for a try first...:)

I tot TS find his kit lens lacking in term of range?

Just to poison ts more haha. Good to have a prime for low light too haha

Just to poison ts more haha. Good to have a prime for low light too haha

If BBB virus really cannot tahan, get the 50mm f1.8. Won't get it wrong this time. Yes the Nikkor :D

[video=youtube;6my3DO00X28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6my3DO00X28[/video]

Last edited:
Hi ChubyT
Reading review is one thing. How much does it translate into actual iq when you take a photo with it? Will you be able to tell the differences and if yes, how are you going to come to a compromise between ease of use, portability, iq and cost of lens? You will know truly when you have the lens with you and using it. This is why clubsnap's Buy and Sell sub-forum is so lively.

Thank you all for the advises. It's true, I should just grab a dry cabinet 1st and play more with my kit lens 1st.

Thank you all for the advises. It's true, I should just grab a dry cabinet 1st and play more with my kit lens 1st.

You haven't got a dry cab??? goodness. Better do it quick or you will start seeing things growing out of your cam. LOL

Tells us your budget for your upgrades and preferred shhoting style . We can suggest tons of expensive good quality equipment, but your allowable budget will constraint the choices. There are no best lense in the world but lens that able to do things better in certain situation. So you need to compromise something anyway like cost, weight, size, speed, zoom range etc.

Then all the more you should look for a dry cabinet than any new lenses FIRST.

Better faster go for get a dry cabi... can try digi cabi... can order online.. they have free delivery for 50l and above... if not wrong..

Agree... get your dry cabinet fast... rainy seasons are around the corner and we are seeing rain more often these days...

Not wanting mushrooms growing out of your camera... hahahaha.

Agree... get your dry cabinet fast... rainy seasons are around the corner and we are seeing rain more often these days...

Not wanting mushrooms growing out of your camera... hahahaha.

More worried about flooding again... :bigeyes:

hahaha
but yes, our humid weather quite conducive for fungus growth.

Coming in 30minutes. The dry cabinet will be here in 30 minutes.......

when it comes, and if you have issues setting the humidity, read around in the forum...alot have been said.

I've got a 35mm AF-S F/1.8G. :) Auto-focus need to press the AE-L button de huh?

I've got a 35mm AF-S F/1.8G. :) Auto-focus need to press the AE-L button de huh?
Wrong thread? Check your camera manual for operating camera and lenses.