Just inspirational

urh.

some camps have said that what Christopher McCandless did was on the border of stupidity and sheer dumbness.

his death could have been prevented if he had only taken some basic provisions, like a compass for one.

so I'm not sure if you would say it's utterly inspirational. if by inspirational you mean that I should take a compass and be a bit more careful when I decide to go into the wild to live, then yeah... it is REALLY inspirational.

You got my vote on that. Saw this movie sometime back and actually read about it a few years ago. Alot of things did not add up to someone who as smart as him had taken such a drastic decison without planning even the most basic of consideration.

From what the movie have shown which was base on his journal and also "interview" of his sister who know him best.

It inspirational to me is about he dare to dream and he know he want in his life and his "philosophy" which he not just saying it but practice it.

And again, his death is not due to the compass and he know his way back to where he came from as he had marked his route.

As the basic provisions you have mentioned, who know best what he need for what he going to do? You? Me? Those some camps? Why must he need a compass if he know what he going to do?

He death was cause poison from the food he got in the wild. As he mixed up the "roots" that he found.

To me, it a good movie where it shared and taught one that life is not just about money money etc.

From what the movie have shown which was base on his journal and also "interview" of his sister who know him best.

It inspirational to me is about he dare to dream and he know he want in his life and his "philosophy" which he not just saying it but practice it.

And again, his death is not due to the compass and he know his way back to where he came from as he had marked his route.

As the basic provisions you have mentioned, who know best what he need for what he going to do? You? Me? Those some camps? Why must he need a compass if he know what he going to do?

He death was cause poison from the food he got in the wild. As he mixed up the "roots" that he found.

To me, it a good movie where it shared and taught one that life is not just about money money etc.

1) he left the map on the dashboard of the vehicle. on the map, it showed that there was a shallower point of the river that he could have crossed, thereby getting himself to safety, and thereby preventing the berry ingestion in the first place.

2) the map would also show emergency food supplies that were stashed away in cabins a few clicks from where he found shelter in the abandoned bus. those cabins were constantly monitored by rangers because people did get lost in that neck of the woods, hence the idea of them revival cabins.

3) anybody in their right frame of mind, nobody how idealistic or romanticise with the Keruoac-ish manner of solitude, would have thought that going into the wild would require a bit more forethought than just heading straight into it. if he was heading into a foreign country, it's a different matter. but you're talking about an environment that he was completely unfamiliar to, that even seasoned veterans found difficult to live of.

all the more that the only inspiration I drew from it was to maintain a level head when doing something that could potentially kill me. being idealistic is fine and dandy if we come back to tell the tale, but dying by the very drawn out process of self-caused starvation (self caused because he could have saved himself if he had taken some BASIC precautions), I'm sorry but I think this is just a romanticise-ing of the whole event.

Previously never run before. Then did 5 weeks training to run 1100 miles. Mad - yes well he is a comedian

It's the last leg of Eddie Izzard's 43 marathons in 51 days. How did the less than athletic comic pull off such a feat of endurance?

See here for the whole report and hope it helps to inspire all those training for SCSM

[vid]egqJctPZunw[/vid]

[vid]4khdQUlNgg4[/vid]

He was a sheep farmer in his 60s who turned up in his galoshes over his work boots and overalls to run a race from Sydney to Melbourne. No one thought he was a real competitor, and folks thought he would most likely keel over and die as he wasn't a "real" runner. Instead he won the race, smashing the record by 9 hours.

http://www.my-inspirational-quotes.com/inspirational-stories/cliff-young/

When I need inspiration... I watch Lance!

[vid]ZV-rna2duXE[/vid]

:heart: