Just digicabi dhc80

I am assuming u got the new series that comes with controller with touch button. The so called first batch of the new controller series is not so accurate. I had mine changed 3 times, the first two over read the rh by 8%, exactly like your case. The last exchange was so called the new batch and the reading over reads by between +1% to +4%, which is acceptable for me. But i would like to state that their support is damn good. Just call them and get your controller changed, its easy to diy only a 2 min job.

Just curious to know how did you find out that the first two hygrometers were over-read by 8%RH? You used a humidity probe to make comparison of the RH readings?

I am assuming u got the new series that comes with controller with touch button. The so called first batch of the new controller series is not so accurate. I had mine changed 3 times, the first two over read the rh by 8%, exactly like your case. The last exchange was so called the new batch and the reading over reads by between +1% to +4%, which is acceptable for me. But i would like to state that their support is damn good. Just call them and get your controller changed, its easy to diy only a 2 min job.
go all the way to their main office to change for the last exchange? that a wulu place, really cat to the extreme!:bigeyes:

go all the way to their main office to change for the last exchange? that a wulu place, really cat to the extreme!:bigeyes:
Their after-sales service is bar none. They actually came to my place to replace my hygrometer. I discovered it was off by minus 9%RH after I compared it with the RH readings of my industrial humidity probe (accuracy of 1%RH).

Anyway, don't hope for a miracle with the new hygrometer as they come from the same manufacturer.

Just curious to know how did you find out that the first two hygrometers were over-read by 8%RH? You used a humidity probe to make comparison of the RH readings?
i have 2 hygrometers salt tested to measure against the cabi one.

i have 2 hygrometers salt tested to measure against the cabi one.
Bro, I salt-tested all my hygrometers. Most of them are in the 75%RH range +/- 1 to 3%. However, when I put them all in one dry cabinet set at about 45%RH, I saw among them there are differences of up to 10%RH. I soon realised that salt test is only effective for testing or calibrating hygrometers at 75%RH. You need to do something more to determine if your meters are accurate at 45%RH. Hence, I used an industrial humidity probe to calibrate all my calibratable hygrometers at 45%RH.

Last edited:
Bro, I salt-tested all my hygrometers. Most of them are in the 75%RH range +/- 1 to 3%. However, when I put them all in one dry cabinet set at about 45%RH, I saw among them there are differences of up to 10%RH. I soon realised that salt test is only effective for testing or calibrating hygrometers at 75%RH. You need to do something more to determine if your meters are accurate at 45%RH. Hence, I used an industrial humidity probe to calibrate all my calibratable hygrometers at 45%RH.
Most probably you are right. But I am comfortable with the salt test for the following reasons:

digicabi uses salt tests on the hygrometers they sent me

I use western caliber digital hygrometer which they claim is as accurate as it is that needs no calibration.

Both my hygrometers are within +/-1rh during the salt test and inside my dry cabinet.

I have used western caliber for years to gauge rh even after the hygrometer broke down in one of my older dry cabinet and I never had any issues with fungus.

It may not measure up to your industrial probe but I am comfortable based on the above and the consistencies.

:)

Most probably you are right. But I am comfortable with the salt test for the following reasons:

digicabi uses salt tests on the hygrometers they sent me

I use western caliber digital hygrometer which they claim is as accurate as it is that needs no calibration.

Both my hygrometers are within +/-1rh during the salt test and inside my dry cabinet.

I have used western caliber for years to gauge rh even after the hygrometer broke down in one of my older dry cabinet and I never had any issues with fungus.

It may not measure up to your industrial probe but I am comfortable based on the above and the consistencies.

:)
I have with me 3 Western Calibers bought in 2010. Salt test was perfect with 74% to 75%RH readings - highly consistent.

When put in dry cabinet and the humidity probe shows 48%RH, the WCs show 40%RH.

I have 4 Hygroset hygrometers too, the difference between Hygroset and WC is +8% RH (for Hygroset).

Hygroset can be calibrated, which is good. For cameras and electronics, 35% to 55%RH is unlikely to cause any issue.

I'm more critical with the RH inside my dry cab as I place wood instrument inside. Long term storage below 40%RH will cause the wood to crack. High humidity will cause the wood to 'bloat'. So I invested in an industrial humidity probe to be safe. :)

I have with me 3 Western Calibers bought in 2010. Salt test was perfect with 74% to 75%RH readings - highly consistent.

When put in dry cabinet and the humidity probe shows 48%RH, the WCs show 40%RH.

I have 4 Hygroset hygrometers too, the difference between Hygroset and WC is +8% RH (for Hygroset).

Hygroset can be calibrated, which is good. For cameras and electronics, 35% to 55%RH is unlikely to cause any issue.

I'm more critical with the RH inside my dry cab as I place wood instrument inside. Long term storage below 40%RH will cause the wood to crack. High humidity will cause the wood to 'bloat'. So I invested in an industrial humidity probe to be safe. :)

I only place camera and camera accessories in my dry cabi :)

Faint, my view is that there is no need to be too concerned about it being off.

What is the purpose of buying dry cabinet? To see a number appear as you want it, or to keep your camera gear safe? I think most people here are commenting on other things because they don't priotize the appearing number, merely whether the dry cabinet absorbs humidity properly. One has to keep in mind that you aren't buying a precision tool here, merely something rough enough. I think it's your choice to take it up with the company, but at the same time, I would comment that there are probably more constructive things to do with your time, since the dry cabinet at 42% will indeed meet the basic goal of ensuring that your camera equipment won't grow fungus, and isn't too dry either.

Faint, my view is that there is no need to be too concerned about it being off.

What is the purpose of buying dry cabinet? To see a number appear as you want it, or to keep your camera gear safe? I think most people here are commenting on other things because they don't priotize the appearing number, merely whether the dry cabinet absorbs humidity properly. One has to keep in mind that you aren't buying a precision tool here, merely something rough enough. I think it's your choice to take it up with the company, but at the same time, I would comment that there are probably more constructive things to do with your time, since the dry cabinet at 42% will indeed meet the basic goal of ensuring that your camera equipment won't grow fungus, and isn't too dry either.
double likes.