Japan Tokyo Disneyland / DisneySea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read from RedSun's thread that Tripod isn't allowed in Disney Sea. Is it the same for Disneyland? How about Monopods or even Gorillapods?

It can be quite tough to capture night shots without a tripod. :(

:Later,
used there before, was never caught... maybe depends on luck!

Last Dec I went there by overnite flight. In the am the coach brought me and the family to one of the Disney hotels which is not far away. But there is a regular shuttle service to the Disneyland. As a hotel guest in Disneyland hotels, I could get to line up at the priority line and mind u the lines at the entrance can be eye boggling. Loads of ppl

The place is filled with happy people so taking pic can be challenging. Let me try to post some pic here for everyone to enjoy.

I was in Disneyland on Monday thinking it be less crowded. On the contrary it was very packed. I waited like 1 hour 15 min for the chu chu train ride. Funny thing on a Wed when I was back in Disneyland the crowd was halfed. Btw I wnt to Disney Sea on a Tue and it was cold and wet; very miserable on a winter day.

technically, the queue wont be too long as long as you're early and go on a non-peak day,

however evening's crowd can consist of students and working population as i have mentioned in an earlier post...

and i agree, disneysea is bitterly cold esp on a winter day, since the entire place is filled with water, i somehow think it actually makes it worst.

used there before, was never caught... maybe depends on luck!
slackerlism just mentioned in this post that the "ban" applies to both parks.

Anyway, is it better to purchase the tickets online, and just pick 'em up at the gate on the day of the visit? Or is there a cheaper and/or convenient way of sourcing the tickets?

i am actually going on the 1st week of December. Think i am going to be very very cold when i am at Disneysea.

yeah expect it to be more bitter and stronger winds at disneysea

i prefer disneyland:)

nvr been to disneysea..but disneyland imho is more suitable for kids. rides are not that fun (well..this is subjective). but its nice to spend a day with your love ones there though.

for me...i've went there in the morning ard 10+...and exit the place by ard 3+. took the metro..alight one stop later...do abit of light shopping. go back disneyland at ard 6+...juz nice to catch the night parades and fireworks.

would love to stay at the official disneyland hotel. was told u can bring most of the stuff back..including their bedsheets. dunno how true!
took a pix of that lovely hotel...

4003665069_5775faf739_b.jpg

Resort hotels are fully booked for weekends (or so I find). I read somewhere that you need to chop vacancies as soon as 6 months before your stay, cos thats when they open for reservations.

(Edit) If you don't stay at the Resort or Official Hotels, you might not be able to get in on crowded days cos they have a limit on the number of guests in the park (or so I'm told).

Last edited:
yes there is a limit on peak days

everytime i'm there we stay at the hotel

only twice, where once we stayed at hotel miracosta in disneysea, and the partner hotels of disneyland , sunroute hotel.

very convenientt, but also very expensive.

i dont exactly care about the rides, but it's the atmosphere i love. (of course the rides are rather good imo)

Wow guess you guys are lucky. I went during the Sakura viewing public holiday. And the crowd was terrible!!!
Fast pass collected upon door open in the morning and manage to take 'Winnie the Pooh' Ride only at 6.30pm. Anyway its 1 of the top attraction in Tokyo Disneyland.
The other queue i joined was haunted house, queued for 2hours.

Heading there soon again... intending to bring my Gorillapod along, hope they dun find it when they check bag *cross fingers*

Last time I went I didn't know abt the tripod ban, brought my huge manfrotto along - had to dump it in the lockers, duh.

Heading there soon again... intending to bring my Gorillapod along, hope they dun find it when they check bag *cross fingers*

Last time I went I didn't know abt the tripod ban, brought my huge manfrotto along - had to dump it in the lockers, duh.

I brought in my gorilla pod, no problems, they didn't check also :)
But fireworks, disappointing really..

slackerlism just mentioned in this post that the "ban" applies to both parks.

Anyway, is it better to purchase the tickets online, and just pick 'em up at the gate on the day of the visit? Or is there a cheaper and/or convenient way of sourcing the tickets?

think it'll be better to get the tickets there...

Went to DisneySea last Wednesday and it was quite ok, managed to do all the popular ride. nice place to visit and worth it imho.

hey guys.. would be heading there soon.

would you all recommend disneyland or disneysea? I have only one day to visit either of them... never been to any disneyland before though..

hey guys.. would be heading there soon.

would you all recommend disneyland or disneysea? I have only one day to visit either of them... never been to any disneyland before though..

Disneyland = Kids
Disneysea = Adults who still feel like teens :)

So depends on whether you going there with some children?

Disneyland = Kids
Disneysea = Adults who still feel like teens :)

So depends on whether you going there with some children?

Hmm nope just going with my gf who has been to disneyland before but doesn't mind going again..

So hmm.. disneysea better ah?

Hmm nope just going with my gf who has been to disneyland before but doesn't mind going again..

So depends on how old you and your gf are
Disneyland = Kid rides.
Disneysea = more adult themed (not XXX type) :p

i'd say disneyland.

to me disneysea is rather boring.

but disneyland is a must for me... even after many years

esp during the christmas season, it's beautiful :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.