Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally we got a lady Pentaxian joining in this time :cool:

Make that 2.. fliplock is another :)

And guys, do note she and I are deaf.. and we communicate best with you all via writing. Not ideal, I know, but can't be helped. Pardon if we seem standoff-ish due to this.

Those who have met me before might be surprised that I say that, but in noisy places, my hearing aids pick up more background sounds than speech, so I am practically deaf when it comes to understanding what people say. :p

If it's going to be crowded, wouldn't earlier be a bit better? Just wondering, I don't actually know.

Btw, where's bridge garden?

The bridge garden is that big bridge connecting People's Park Complex and Pagoda Street along Eu Tong Sen Street.

Don't think it's me who poisoned him lah, otherwise he'd have got the full house (all three FA limiteds) already :bsmilie:

Maybe he will if you show him how good the other two FA limiteds are.:bsmilie:

January 17th 2009 Pentax user shoot out
Date: let's confirm on 17th
Venue: Chinatown

1. fengwei (94281380)
2. baracus
3. creampuff (9686 1414) - Preferably 10 Jan or 17 Jan
4. Ben L (96652290)
5. airconvent - Preferably 10 Jan or 17 Jan
6. istDeS
7. lierudy (96185712) - 17 January
8. gengh (98280854) - only 17 Jan
9. p3ntx (try to be there, whenever there is Pentax outing, because it was fun and will always)
10. art2d2 90731126 - Preferbly 10 or 17 Jan.
11. Simplytimo 10th Jan preferred
12. OhMyTohFu (97223423) - Preferably 10 or 17 Jan.
13. felixcat8888 90889881 - 17 or 24 Jan
14. Limited - on the 17th, can joint already
15. le petit prince - I'm in
16. Flowerpot - I need timing...
17. seefei - flexi
18. S-n-o-w-y-w-o-l-f (9.7.7.7.6.8.5.6.) - 17th Jan
19. fliplock - I'm a newbie but i would like to join in.
20. Equatorer, will call flavia to join as well

Make that 2.. fliplock is another :)

Oops, sorry, but glad we have one more lady joining ;)

And guys, do note she and I are deaf.. and we communicate best with you all via writing. Not ideal, I know, but can't be helped. Pardon if we seem standoff-ish due to this.

Those who have met me before might be surprised that I say that, but in noisy places, my hearing aids pick up more background sounds than speech, so I am practically deaf when it comes to understanding what people say. :p

Actually I didn't even notice that you have some problem hearing us until you said so :) Don't worry, we'll sure have some fun together ...

Well, I think he's seen the other two at Shriro, and he knows how good they are ;)

I tested the FA limited lenses at Shriro. The colour and sharpness is really good. I actually went back on another day to test the lenses before deciding to buy. But FW and Denis do help in part in convincing me.... :)

How about meeting at Chinatown Point MacDonalds?
Beside the MRT station and can eat if early.
Those early enough can pop by Photographix Marketing on Level 2 to see things...

How about meeting at Chinatown Point MacDonalds?
Beside the MRT station and can eat if early.
Those early enough can pop by Photographix Marketing on Level 2 to see things...

ya ya... can go photographix... everytime im there, the shop is closed... see how grumpy the uncle is :bsmilie:

few more weeks b4 the prices goes up... better hurry... the 77 is best among the 3...

Yeah, since got one already, get the other 2 also before prices goes up. Make it 3 beautiful princess.:bsmilie:

Last edited:
Suggest meet in the morning, say 10am at MacDonalds Chinatown Point. Have a small bite/drink, chat.
Explore and shoot, then have lunch at Maxwell Market. The shoot some more. Adjourn.

ya ya... can go photographix... everytime im there, the shop is closed... see how grumpy the uncle is :bsmilie:

the shop owner is a retiree who doesnt like to be disturbed. buy ok but browsing are not welcome. go in with your wallet open :bsmilie:

nevertheless, i will still go cos i like to disturb and irritate that grumpy uncle.

I was there yesterday afternoon, the shop doesn't have many Pentax stuff left, only an LX and an MX, plus some accessories for them, several M42 Takumar lenses including a couple of brand new ones (if you are willing to pay the premium prices ;)). The shop does carry quite some camera bags and tripods nowadays, probably because film camera business is too bad :(

I was there yesterday afternoon, the shop doesn't have many Pentax stuff left, only an LX and an MX, plus some accessories for them, several M42 Takumar lenses including a couple of brand new ones (if you are willing to pay the premium prices ;)).

Sounds tempting. Any M or A lenses?

Also, could someone spare me a M 28 or M 135 to test for the day? B&S needs more of them. ;p

Sounds tempting. Any M or A lenses?

Also, could someone spare me a M 28 or M 135 to test for the day? B&S needs more of them. ;p

Nope, no more M/A lenses, just a brand new Takumar 17/4 fisheye, a brand new Takumar 50/4 macro, a used Takumar 85/1.9 and a used Takumar 50/1.4 I think. Prices are not cheap though.

Nope, no more M/A lenses, just a brand new Takumar 17/4 fisheye, a brand new Takumar 50/4 macro, a used Takumar 85/1.9 and a used Takumar 50/1.4 I think. Prices are not cheap though.

A Takumar 85/1.9 you say? That's some find. :thumbsup: But I'll stick to K mount lenses for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.