IT Show Good Place To Buy Camera? - Answers Here

I need some professional photo shoot cameras. Where I could get it from and what would be the price range.

Considering you listed your address as Seattle (this forum is singapore-based), you should look at BHPhoto and adorama. Though any and every "pro" in the USA knows of those shops already.

also, your question is not related to the thread.

my conclusion is that singaporeans like to queue.
it's the atmosphere that we like. the 'feeling' that we are getting a good bargin.
who wins? the organisers la

Organisers get nothing. They only make money from the selling of the floor space. It's the exhibitors that get your money.

Wasted..

I didn't managed to see this post.. :(

& Indeed, I got alot of freebies but I paid for my lens during the PC show which was given free on another major shop.. :(

Wasted..

I didn't managed to see this post.. :(

& Indeed, I got alot of freebies but I paid for my lens during the PC show which was given free on another major shop.. :(

PC show. PC = Personal computer. Why on earth people buy photographic equipment at a PC pasar malam...

Went for my first IT fair today. Was at work today at Changi City Point and a colleague told me that there was the Great Electronics Expo this weekend starting today.Checked it out during my lunch break without any expectations and to my surprise they had the Olympus PEN MFT cameraI was eyeing with 2 lenses (40-150mm and 14-42mm)and a lot of freebies(including tripod, 32GB Card,Extra batt,cleaning kit,card reader and more) thrown in at only $699(UP $1290). Cheapest deal I came across for this cam.

Went for my first IT fair today. Was at work today at Changi City Point and a colleague told me that there was the Great Electronics Expo this weekend starting today.Checked it out during my lunch break without any expectations and to my surprise they had the Olympus PEN MFT cameraI was eyeing with 2 lenses (40-150mm and 14-42mm)and a lot of freebies(including tripod, 32GB Card,Extra batt,cleaning kit,card reader and more) thrown in at only $699(UP $1290). Cheapest deal I came across for this cam.

then why nvr buy since its like world best deal?

It's called "obsolete stock, must clear" hahaha

Best to check with the normal shops what their price is.

The main thing is to do your homework. See which shop offer you the best price. Generally IT show do not give you the best deal around, but (who knows), you might actually find a good bargain. So there really is no definite equation. Your best bet is to do homework, then buy from the place/ event/ promotion/ etc that provide you with the best deal.

Actually 599 or 699 for twin lens MFT kit is not uncommon. Harvey Norman has been selling GX1 twin lens kit for 699 iirc. And a few other packages.

New models launched by Olympus and Panasonic are so fast that before u can say "cheese", GF20 is out.

The main thing is to do your homework. See which shop offer you the best price. Generally IT show do not give you the best deal around, but (who knows), you might actually find a good bargain. So there really is no definite equation. Your best bet is to do homework, then buy from the place/ event/ promotion/ etc that provide you with the best deal.

Hi, I am interested in eos100d. I have quote of 900, free 8gb and bag. do you think there will be better deal at it show?

Hi, I am interested in eos100d. I have quote of 900, free 8gb and bag. do you think there will be better deal at it show?

Read the thread and you will have your answer.

I would never ever buy a camera at all the IT shows etc :)

Personal experience have taught me enough. My strategy is to download all the flyers on Day 01, sift out the deal and go down my trusted camera store and ask them to either match or better. Minimum trust me, they will match and most of the time ; their in store deals are already better than the show deals.

never ever be taken in by freebies. Chances r u won't use that cheapo mini tripod etc.

There has never been even once when the show prices / packages than what my trusted store could offer. (Yes, there maybe so but come on, I am not including obsolete models here )

And this is taking in acc I didn't have to queue/squeeze at all buying outside instead.

I always buy my cameras from IT shows etc as I found that the prices quoted from the shops and these shows are the same but the shows usually gives more(as in the freebies).

Bought my C550D from a show and price was cheaper(3mths later) than my friend who bought from a shop, moreover I got more freebies(a memory card and a dry box) than him! :) My best buy was a Olympus dslr which come with 2 lens, the standard 2 batts, 2 SD cards etc... and the best gift was the digi dry cabinet(not dry box)!:)

The setback I got from going to the shops and tell them regarding the shows offers and see if they can give me the same deal... what I got was 'then you go to the show and buy better...' :(

I always buy my cameras from IT shows etc as I found that the prices quoted from the shops and these shows are the same but the shows usually gives more(as in the freebies). Bought my C550D from a show and price was cheaper(3mths later) than my friend who bought from a shop, moreover I got more freebies(a memory card and a dry box) than him! :) My best buy was a Olympus dslr which come with 2 lens, the standard 2 batts, 2 SD cards etc... and the best gift was the digi dry cabinet(not dry box)!:) The setback I got from going to the shops and tell them regarding the shows offers and see if they can give me the same deal... what I got was 'then you go to the show and buy better...' :(

That's odd. The tenants at the show are usually the same Funan / Sim Lim vendors / large chain stores, which I am certain that the local stores can match.

Are you certain that the price quotes you obtained are competitive?

In any case, as long as you are pleased with your purchase!

hi, i just saw the leica trade-in promotion on their site, and i heard a lot about the M liek its a big deal. is it ok for newbies like me to jump onto it and get the M, and is the trade in worth it? thanks a mil for any advise

hi, i just saw the leica trade-in promotion on their site, and i heard a lot about the M liek its a big deal. is it ok for newbies like me to jump onto it and get the M, and is the trade in worth it? thanks a mil for any advise

Hard to know if the trade in is worth it because they haven't publicised any trade-in rates. Have to go in and get a quote. If you know what a M is about, and that is what you want, plus you can spare the $$$$$... jump in all you want :)

Simply bring in any brand* of digital camera to Leica Store Singapore@Raffles Hotel Arcade for a professional assessment of your camera and allow us to provide you a quote. You can then decide if you wish to proceed with an upgrade to our range of Leica M cameras.

http://www.leica-store.sg/ten-years-digital-m/

Although I'm in Singapore, I just buy my Cameras and accessories at Amazon.com

Do they ship here to Singapore?

How does the warranty work? Does local distributor honour if you want to make claim?