Is this site an offcial advertiser in CS

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
This banner suddenly appear in CS page at my screen and the page freeze.

is this site an official advertiser in CS?

CS_180310.jpg

bro, pls install some adblocking plugin..

ya same thing happened to me... hmm using firefox

me too, page freeze, using Bit defender internet security updated, other sites ok, happened this evening twice.

Can the admin do something about this? This is really kinda eye sore to see this kinda ad in clubsnap, a healthy forum... HMm... was wondering did someone click on and check out their website...? :think:

Thanks for the heads-up. We have notified the ad-serving agency that handles ClubSNAP's banners and requested them to remove the banner and/or to fix it.

As for installing ad blocking software, while it may benefit users in the short-term, it erodes a websites (not just ours) potential to recoup expenses via advertising and may result in a long-term inability to maintain the site if banner advertising is the main source of revenue (which is the case in ClubSNAP's situation - we rely on banner advertising for the majority of the funds needed to keep the site up and running.

Please read this Arstechnica article to get more insight into the potential harm ad-blocking software can do to a website - Why Ad Blocking is devastating to the sites you love

Thus, we strongly recommend members to NOT install ad-blocking software on their browsers OR to whitelist ClubSNAP's URL as well as the ad-serving agencies URL if you do use ad-blocking software.

My bad for the advice on the ad filters.

Adding exceptions to my filters now to exclude blocking on major urls that I almost perpetually camp on (eg. CS) =D

You can add exceptions by right clicking on the blocker icon when you're on the page and select 'disable on xxxxyyy.com'

saw it too earlier, now its gone. thanks for the swift response. kudos to web admin, forum admin, and mods :thumbsup:

This banner suddenly appear in CS page at my screen and the page freeze.

is this site an official advertiser in CS?

CS_180310.jpg

My handphone bill came. Got charged $4 to stop any subsequent Ad smses from whoever the hell is the Ad agency getting to me. This is daylight robbery. Any recourse?

This is a scam and I feel strongly the Ad agency had failed to properly screen the advertiser.
The billing annotation in my bill is as follow:

ER-ZingMobile SP Hotline 65361607
ZingMob PremDwld_l $4.00

Can CS members who got caught in this scam post here. CS Admin should seek compensation from the Ad agency for the financial loss from its members.

I’m prepared to copy bill to CS Admin as proof. Any sum recovered I’ll donate to Clubsnap.

Last edited:
My handphone bill came. Got charged $4 to stop any subsequent Ad smses from whoever the hell is the Ad agency getting to me. This is daylight robbery. Any recourse?

This is a scam and I feel strongly the Ad agency had failed to properly screen the advertiser.
The billing annotation in my bill is as follow:

ER-ZingMobile SP Hotline 65361607
ZingMob PremDwld_l $4.00

Can CS members who got caught in this scam post here. CS Admin should seek compensation from the Ad agency for the financial loss from its members.

I’m prepared to copy bill to CS Admin as proof. Any sum recovered I’ll donate to Clubsnap.
Hmm, seeing how the servers are hosted locally at Singapore, the advertisers (be it either directly or indirectly) are bound by IDA advertising regulation to provide a unsubscription (UNSUB) option in unsolicited messages (e-mail, sms/mms etc. etc.) if I am not mistaken?

Have you tried to UNSUB from the service yet? :think:

Last edited:
Hmm, seeing how the servers are hosted locally at Singapore, the advertisers (be it either directly or indirectly) are bound by IDA advertising regulation to provide a unsubscription (UNSUB) option in unsolicited messages (e-mail, sms/mms etc. etc.) if I am not mistaken?

Have you tried to UNSUB from the service yet? :think:

I did to UNSUB the service and the notification followed that I'll be charged $4 for doing that.