Is that worthy for me to change DA 16-45 to DA* 16-50 ?

Like Denis said, the DA* lenses are something special. It's not just the weather sealing body w/ wider aperture, it's something special about the photos they took. If you put the Tamron 1750 and DA*1650 side by side, you'd feel the Tamron is so cheaply made.

Personally I'd top up a bit more to get the DA*1650. To me I'd go w/ Pentax made lenses as much as possible, otherwise no point using Pentax. I do use third party lenses too, but only those very special ones ;)

hmmm :think: so special ... me thinks start to save up also ... :sweat:

Inspite of the good reviews of the DA*1650, I still find the zoom a little inadequate for a general purpose lens. I previously had the Sigma 18-50 and while the lens gave very nice and pleasing images, I always found myself short of zoom to play with. That is why I have now settled with a DA17-70 SDM instead. Not a * lens but the zoom range is more usuable for me.
Have been using it quite often these days and I must say it is very versatile. I still make use of my limited for special shots but the 1770 has seen alot of use. :)

I'm also a DA 17-70 user and agree with airconvent about the versatility of having 17-70. Very happy with it - my main go to lens :) I wonder why there aren't that many threads discussing this lens?