Is it worth to still get a LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything below S$700 is a good buy for LX3. $689 or $699 is about the right price range now. If lucky, can find around S$679.

I got my set from MS Color for S$689 based on e-quote on 28 Sep ($689 w/gst, bundle with 8GB card, OEM battery and screen protector). MS Color quoted me S$40 for the Lumix casing and S$140 for the DMW-CLX3 casing. I passed.

Instead I purchased a Lowepro D-Pod25 casing/ pouch and a Nikon BS-1 hotshoe cover from Alan Photo yesterday (8 Oct).

The LX3 is a good fit in this casing. Not bad. Link provided below for those who might be interested:
http://products.lowepro.com/product/D-Pods-25,2152.htm (from AP at S$20)

As a beginner/ noob, I really appreciate this camera over my old compact (FX8). Yes! It is worth it!

On a side note, AP OOS for LX3 already. :what:

Do you guys have any shots of night portrait by using LX3? ;)

Thanks for the heads up for the pouch. Will go down AP this weekend to buy it. Enjoy your LX3!:)

Instead I purchased a Lowepro D-Pod25 casing/ pouch and a Nikon BS-1 hotshoe cover from Alan Photo yesterday (8 Oct).

The LX3 is a good fit in this casing. Not bad. Link provided below for those who might be interested:

Here's my LX3 YPAK casing which I got for $11
The camera fits nicely, not too bulky and comes with a sling and belt strap.
There's a pocket for the spare battery and mini-tripod as well as the spare SDHC

3992402325_91e2aa86d6.jpg

Do you guys have any shots of night portrait by using LX3? ;)

i also encounter a problem while taking night portrait with manual setting..
when i open flash,it's too bright for face,but background is dark..on the contrary,i can't see ppl face without flash..

I got my set from MS Color for S$689 based on e-quote on 28 Sep ($689 w/gst, bundle with 8GB card, OEM battery and screen protector). MS Color quoted me S$40 for the Lumix casing and S$140 for the DMW-CLX3 casing. I passed.

As a beginner/ noob, I really appreciate this camera over my old compact (FX8). Yes! It is worth it!

On a side note, AP OOS for LX3 already. :what:

I bought the D-pod30 :)

when i open flash,it's too bright for face,but background is dark..on the contrary,i can't see ppl face without flash..

Have u tried the following (in this order):?

1. Slow Synchro flash
2. Slow Synchro flash with EV compensation

Oh I see...
But is it possible to shoot without using flash? I want to see how the magic of '2.0';) Or really need to open flash or else the photo can't make it?

Oh I see...
But is it possible to shoot without using flash? I want to see how the magic of '2.0';) Or really need to open flash or else the photo can't make it?

is possible to shoot without flash, but you need to judge if the background too dark.

Have u tried the following (in this order):?

1. Slow Synchro flash
2. Slow Synchro flash with EV compensation
thanks..will try it next time
i have always noticed that when shoot portraits using flash,the face does look oily..

Use slow sync flash. I believe it's only available on Aperture Priority. But u gotta hold the camera steadily because you're basically combining flash with slow shutter. Also, use narrow aperture (like f7.1 or f8.0 maybe).

Oh I see...

Of course possible lah. Use ISO 800 or 1600 lah. ISO 3200 is very, very, extremely grainy. If you use normal flash, the background will become dark, unless you use slow sync flash.

any lx3 owners here got the voigtlander 21mm viewfinder?
is the framing accurate n all? thought of getting one for mine.

you can adjust the power of the flash output when using flash...

any lx3 owners here got the voigtlander 21mm viewfinder?
is the framing accurate n all? thought of getting one for mine.

Im also interested in this viewfinder but seems like not many ppl is using a viewfinder...:(

Im also interested in this viewfinder but seems like not many ppl is using a viewfinder...:(

you do know that the VF is only usable for wide angle only ?
anything that is zoom in, is pretty much try and error already.

you do know that the VF is only usable for wide angle only ?
anything that is zoom in, is pretty much try and error already.

Yes I know. I did my research on the 21mm viogtlander viewfinder. it is only applicable at LX3 24mm focal length. Anything above 24mm will be like what u said, trial and error... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.