Is it safe to drive to JB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember to wear ur poorest clothes. :bsmilie:

Excuse me guys......and gals of all ages. Again I would like to point out the JB is not what is seems. Again is isolated cases that happends any other countries as well.

centuryegg said:
Firstly my advice would be to avoid driving a flashy car into JB.
The syndicates are actually very organised and there is a a black market for the cars. Hence if this month demand for CRVs are high, more CRVs are stolen and applies to other makes. Basically its not your one or two thieves but an organised structure. The moment your car appears in JB, it has become an potential commodity.

Dont just depend on the locks and whatever methods, some of these syndicates employ repo men... yes ironically repo man by day, and "repo" man by night for the syndicates. Hence they know every trick in the book to unlock a car. Rumours has it that they even know how to hack into cars using a laptop and open it via its computer chip.

Even parking in a hotel's carpark is no guarantee. My client lost his CRV that way. parked it with the valet thinking it would be safe. The thief stole the CRV and rammed his way through the hotel parking barricade. CRV must have been fetching a high price then.

Moral of the story... dont drive into JB.

Syndicate? What syndicates? Are you able to get some actual proofs of it?

JL1500k said:
Dun know they can be trust or not? ?Hear some pp said they can dulicate the key and pass to those syndicates? :dunno:

Same to those car washing inside the holiday plaza basement.

Again, what syndicate? Duplicate? Have you got actual proofs they actually did it?

JL1500k said:
Yes, there are some cases happen in city square, they approach you and demand money from you in the crowded shopping centre. They warn you if don’t give up handphone, money or watch you will not be able to come back :sweat:

Some cases?

Is there actual fact to what you say is true?

vince123123 said:
That's why don't bring any of these stuffs and only bring RM$100 in :)

The state of lawlessness in that country is certainly alarming - apparently the Malaysian Government doesn't recognise the problem or don't care, or perhaps they feel that it's good that the Malaysians rob the Singaporeans and then use the moeny to fuel their economy :)

I hope your facts are true to what you said.

Pro Image said:
Excuse me guys......and gals of all ages. Again I would like to point out the JB is not what is seems. Again is isolated cases that happends any other countries as well.

But... how come so many 'isolated' cases? In newspaper, almost every week got 'isolated' cases. And why target SG cars? Even the MY police target SG cars.

I have given up the idea of driving or going to JB for the last so many years ..... for example, what will you do when two motorbikes with people wearing POLICE uniform stopped you after a traffic light junction and insisted that you crossed when the light was red? It happened to me once too often!...:thumbsd: I am a careful driver, but my car is SG plate, drive alone and a nice car....

each time I read about these threads about singaporeans going JB, it makes me laugh and cringe at the same time. Apparently, it makes simgaporeans look like they could not survive an hour outside of singapore -see a problem with this?

Pro Image said:

Maybe you can enlightent us so far what had JB town council or the state gov has done to ensure the safety of visitors? As a visitor, I think I will choose only destination I deem safe and enjoyable....why would I risk if there are so many question marks? :think:

Pro Image said:
Syndicate? What syndicates? Are you able to get some actual proofs of it?

Pro Image said:
Again, what syndicate? Duplicate? Have you got actual proofs they actually did it?

Pro Image said:
Some cases?
Is there actual fact to what you say is true?

Pro Image said:

Abang, I think we need someone like you in Johore Police Department. :)

Okay, perhaps it didn't come across clearly, I will then clarify to say that my previous statement is just my comments and my opinion, they are not facts are not independently verified.

Pro Image said:

Big Kahuna said:
As a visitor, I think I will choose only destination I deem safe and enjoyable....
stay in singapore :sweatsm:

Your statement that "Singaporeans look like they could not survive an hour outside of Singapore" is illogical. So if I airdrop you off in shark infested waters, can I also say that "hahaha, michhy can't survive outside of land".

michhy said:
each time I read about these threads about singaporeans going JB, it makes me laugh and cringe at the same time. Apparently, it makes simgaporeans look like they could not survive an hour outside of singapore -see a problem with this?

To Pro Image,

I am in no way bashing malaysians or malaysia. My mother is Malaysian and half my family is still there. Facts are facts. There are syndicates which target Singapore cars of certain makes, the cars are renumber plated and then send for sales across the border in Thailand. Its a fact.... and if you want proof, kindly look in the newspapers in Singapore and Malaysia, I believe there was a few articles on it.

I have had personal experiences of close friends whom I meet EVERYDAY not some story of some friend's friend within the span of 3 years.

1) Had her handbag snatched and her bf beaten up when he tried to corner the robber.
2) Friend who just bought a new car, a honda jazz was having dinner at Orang Asli Seafood. Car was there before dinner and gone after dinner. She cried for a week.... her first car.
3) Client had his CRV stolen from hotel, car was literally rammed through the hotel carpark barricade
4) Client had an entire shipment of goods that was about to be launched in the market (we are talking about a whole container) stolen from the port (Of course this was in KL not JB) A port which is supposed to be secure... and a whole container could disappear! Thanks to that he could not sell his product at all as he didnt want pasar malams across KL to sell the product at 10 percent of his retail price when he launched it thus devaluing it.

Whenever I go to KL or JB, without fail I will be stopped by the Traffic police. It can range from a "You have committed serious traffic offence! You speeding!!" or "BOY you see the sign? (That small tiny sign that is not lighted up at night) no turning out of carpark here" And followed by "very serious offence, very heavy fine... must pay now" Of course we all know what is the outcome after that..... Settle lor....

When I am in KL, I was once working late, and my malaysian i repeat true blood MALAYSIAN colleague asked me as he was driving me back to the hotel. You have a lot of SGD on you? I said "yeah a couple of hundreds why? scared of robbers?" he said "no scared of police roadblocks, here the police worse than robbers"

To those who are saying that Singaporeans are weaklings and shouldnt travel overseas. I think you are getting it all wrong. What we are trying to say is why do we want to ask for trouble to go to a country where the Govt, the people clearly do not have a great fondness for us and see us as fat lambs. To go get jammed in the causeway and spend ringgit to enrich the lives of people that have disdain for us. In mandarin it would be called "Cheap and shameless" I dont see such trouble when I travel overseas to other places but Malaysia, once the "ah Singaporean hah you...." appears, it's trouble.

I think for those people still want to go JB then have to be in low profile.
Wear normal clothing, sandal and cheap watch.
Don’t bring expensive items like handphone, wedding ring and too mush cash
Don’t bring wallet that contain your I/C, ATM/Credit card and driving license.

In fact go oversea bring passport will do.

If you just bought a new car then better leave it at Singapore especially SUV vehicle

michhy said:

yeah tell me about it.....apparently they can't. not even a second.

too comfortable staying here for most of them.

syncpuppet said:
But... how come so many 'isolated' cases? In newspaper, almost every week got 'isolated' cases. And why target SG cars? Even the MY police target SG cars.

Care to share the news which you have encounter. Is it from ST or other forms of media? Where are the actual facts that MY are targetting Singapore cars. Hope to know a little more as I do drive a Singapore plate car and go into Malaysia very often. So far, after 10 years not a single incident did happend to me.

Instead of saying all that, why not find out and learn if any of this actually takes place.

Status
Not open for further replies.