Is it advisable to bring it to Shanghai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW jaRv1s, I live near Hongqiao and XujiaHui. Whereabouts are you in SHA?

I'm here for a short business trip... and would be back by this sunday night most probably...

frankly, i rather like Chinese DSLR users, they got stable hands!!! i rarely see them using tripod even at night... made me feel like idiot carrying my tripod from morning to night... ;p

the place i like most in Shanghai is 多伦路 nearby 虹口足球场... i like the feel there...

It was there in the April.
The pic of the link is not showing accurately on the place I walk past. It was a narrow and crowded alley. Inter-link / connecting to different small back alleys.

I was around that area once, in 2005. After that, I never been around there. I saw on the news that that area was being relocated and the old houses torn down. The area still standing is the 三牌 and 四牌, where all the dirty roadside food stalls are. But those houses are hardly old shanghai. More like from the 70s or 80s. Even those food stalls are gone now, thanks to the over zealous 城管 cleaning up for World Expo 2010. If you are not aware, Huangpu district is the World Expo district. Almost every old shanghai-y thingies are all gone.

That's why I am saying Shanghai is losing its old charms, all the older buildings are gone, replaced by the disgustingly new and angmoh Xintiandi-like areas. :thumbsd:

Last edited:
What makes you think so? Have you been robbed in Malaysia and Jakarta?

I have been. Actually, almost robbed in Jakarta once. And I was just visiting. Luckily I got away. I've lived in Shanghai for 5 years, and walked extensively everywhere and never had a problem ever.

Last edited:
I'm here for a short business trip... and would be back by this sunday night most probably...

frankly, i rather like Chinese DSLR users, they got stable hands!!! i rarely see them using tripod even at night... made me feel like idiot carrying my tripod from morning to night... ;p

the place i like most in Shanghai is 多伦路 nearby 虹口足球场... i like the feel there...

They all push their ISO high high. They do not believe in long exposures. LOL. Well, at least most of them do not. :bsmilie:

And, for some of them, they just like to dump money on the camera bodies and lenses sometimes. But they will get the cheapest tripods... I see a dude placing his D300 on a super small and flimsy WeiFeng tripod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.