Interesting way to shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ermm..doing this, don't you think you will find yourselve into ISD's lockup in no time?:dunno:

as long as you take pics like those, why they lock you up?

if they say aerial pics totally not allowed, the I juz refer them to google earth.

actually what sort of legal issue will there be, i not very sure
i suppose if you go to traditional kite-flying area should be no problem?
everywhere also have army camps, everywhere also have garment buildings, everywhere also have private condo..

when people see you fly a 9 foot kite, sure kpo kpo come and see, than see your kite got camera, if you say you are not from garment, sure police car will come in 20mins time..

everywhere also have army camps, everywhere also have garment buildings, everywhere also have private condo..

when people see you fly a 9 foot kite, sure kpo kpo come and see, than see your kite got camera, if you say you are not from garment, sure police car will come in 20mins time..
hrmph

that is true

google earth cannot see a lot of places also hor

but like that.. all tall hotels also cannot? :dunno:
maybe wait for some lawyer to come in

getting the camera up may not that difficult, but I'm more concern about the legal issue here..

Privacy? Wat laws are you worried about?

as long as you take pics like those, why they lock you up?

if they say aerial pics totally not allowed, the I juz refer them to google earth.

Do note that Google Earth is old data, the pics are about 3-4 years old...

google earth compare to this, is just like a photos from web cam to a photos from 1D.

:think::think: then wat was PM using when he showed the high rez photo of punggol during the N.day rally speech... from space to "right-at-your-face" resolution wor.:bigeyes::bsmilie:

true, commercial sat resolution is about 1m. military sat pics, IIRC, about 1 ft.

But I tink GE uses arial photos too. so rez can actually be much better.

say taking self portrait. :devil:

this is also photography, Aerial Photography.

I have check this out long before, but last time it's not so popular, cos one roll only can shoot 36 frame, now have 8g card, can shoot till the PnS camera battery flat flat.

but really don't think can do it here.

It has some commercial applications.

A workmate and I did some research on the web a few years ago and found out several alternatives to do aerial photography. One commercial setup in US did it with helium baloons for areial commercial properties.

I think my workmate downloaded the drawings of the kite and I don't know how far he has gone in the project.

a neutrally balanced helium filled ballons can do that. If anyone remembered the previous Army Open House (not this year) there was a similiar exhibit like that.

The only drawback is that it is highly susceptible to drift in windy conditions.

If we can buy an old fire engine from the fire station, we can do some low altitude photography. Those retractable ladder at the back of fire engine can reach very high leh. On top of it you can compose and shoot like normal without having to guess.

What do you think?

If we can buy an old fire engine from the fire station, we can do some low altitude photography. Those retractable ladder at the back of fire engine can reach very high leh. On top of it you can compose and shoot like normal without having to guess.

What do you think?

Ladder gang extereme. :sweat::sweat:

Ladder gang extereme. :sweat::sweat:

Next hobby will be collecting/ owning retired fire engine..... and now, can compair, beside height of ladder and quality, the engine, fuel economy, height of ladder....... lol... :bsmilie:

Seriously..... I think the perspective is still different...... some how....

how to land the kite without spoiling the cam? haha

I think it's probably a hang glider?.. not the layang layang type of kite which we play when we were kids? Otherwise use a disposeable camera or a cheap shock proof PnS? ;p

But I tink GE uses arial photos too. so rez can actually be much better.

GE is purely satellite images but I think it should be several low earth orbit satellite.

Status
Not open for further replies.