Impact of "Paying to shoot" on full-timers

Status
Not open for further replies.
catchlights said:
Pay to shoot? Newbie pay $200 for a chance to shoot wedding?

Cannot lar, if shooting got no standard, I also dare not to take money from them for giving assignments.:nono:
U will be surprised how much newbie "pay to shoot" a wedding...

Astin said:
U will be surprised how much newbie "pay to shoot" a wedding...
If a newbie got no standard, I don’t care how much money is he/she willing to give me, but I won’t pass him/her any assignment to shoot by he/her own.

How much are they willing to pay, I’m not interested, not right for me to make money this way.

If someone willing pay a senior or pro to oversee / teach during the shoot, that’s different thing, it should be called on job training.

No need for concern lah.

In every profession there are the well-paid quality producers and also cheap bottom feeders for the lower end of market.

Time to move up the market you feel threatened by the bottom feeders or to produce works in such level that can't be duplicated by them.

There are always exploiters around to screw the eager "new talents". This photo forum has time and again tried to expose such practice.

IMHO, if you have to stoop to paying others to let you shoot, there's only three issues at hand.Firstly, you have not networked enough, secondly, you have not practised enough at outdoor events to have the courage to market your services.Thirdly and most importantly, photography is not a place to earn a fast buck.You need to invest time and hard work into it.

When you accept a below-market rate for your services today as an amatuer branching out, it might not seem harmful.However, things have a way of coming back to bite you in the ass, and each of our actions have a part to play in shaping the future of Singaporean photography.

Sion said:
No need for concern lah.

In every profession there are the well-paid quality producers and also cheap bottom feeders for the lower end of market.

Time to move up the market you feel threatened by the bottom feeders or to produce works in such level that can't be duplicated by them.

There are always exploiters around to screw the eager "new talents". This photo forum has time and again tried to expose such practice.
Who moved my cheese :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.