Image directions... needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at your original picture, i guessed you had done a great job in PP. At least the final image stunned me questioning if this is Singapore? Ha! I personally like the way you had processed your image, at least it looks comfortable to me, and it's sharp at small-sized image; a perfect image to be put on mobile's phone wallpaper. What's more you had achieved what u want the picture to look like a painting.

Thank you for your comment. I was kind of looking for something different to take in the marina bay.

Sadly, as you can see my photography skills isn't good....
Composition wise... as you can read from nightmare's post isn't that good.
Probably I can blame the haze...maybe the tripod...maybe the lens...but definitely my skill.:sweatsm:

Personally, I liked the original one better because I know where you are coming from.

The only thing that I would say about it is watch out for that magenta cast.

Thank you for your comment.

The original one is jpeg straight out from the camera. As you see, I got the wb wrong and hence such a bluish photo.

Using the raw file to process it is so much easier to correct the wb.

Would you like to elaborate more about the magenta cast? Thanks.

I don't know whether is your monitor screen caliberated but what I am seeing on mine is magenta colors in the clouds and sky.

Tweak that in curves and then remask back what you have done for the water and buildings.

I think that should do the trick.

I don't know whether is your monitor screen caliberated but what I am seeing on mine is magenta colors in the clouds and sky.

Tweak that in curves and then remask back what you have done for the water and buildings.

I think that should do the trick.

Monitor badly need calibration as I have found out after last weekend shoot.

The colours came out after I decided to add yellow filter in ps to give the warm evening sun feel to the image as oppose to the other one which is blue and cold. However, I do want to try your suggested method and how it will turn out. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.