I'm thinking of Dumping Canon for Pentax!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm selling my Nikon stuff and go to Pentax, because K10d is everything I expect from a Camera, because I can use 100 S$ lenses I find anywhere on ebay or old stocks, because it's light, because it's strong, because it's cheap.

Maybe an important reason is that Canon or Nikon make marketing stuff and Pentax make cameras for photographers.
Thats a rather unfair statement.

it differes from ppl to ppl but i feel most Pentaxians feel the same way:cool:...but we guys do admit the shortcomings of Pentax too...

I'm selling my Nikon stuff and go to Pentax, because K10d is everything I expect from a Camera, because I can use 100 S$ lenses I find anywhere on ebay or old stocks, because it's light, because it's strong, because it's cheap.

Maybe an important reason is that Canon or Nikon make marketing stuff and Pentax make cameras for photographers.

If you're going to let marketing bother you so much that you have to change system, you're a sucker for marketing already.

If you're going to let marketing bother you so much that you have to change system, you're a sucker for marketing already.

I think what he meant to say is he has gone beyond marketing to see what he wanted.
Marketing is an important to tool to let the potential consumers know what is out there.
This has been the strength for C, N and O camps.
But seeing so many new Pentaxians have moved to this camp inspite of practically no advertising footprint by the Pentax local rep says alot for the make. This means they have to depend on doing their own homework, talking to existing users instead of relying on flashy adverts to draw them in. This is a good sign.
I believe Pentax would benefit from more advertising visibility but since the local rep is quite inert in this area, I guess word-of-mouth and action will have to do for now...:)

I think you don't get the point.

There is a huge difference when you try to make a good work and when you make something just and only for business and money. That's the difference between people who love their job and people who love money ... I prefer to work with the first kind of people.

Why do you think K10d has huge features that Nikon users don't even dream about it, because Nikon keep some for the next generation while Pentax tries to give you the best now.

Do you see any other camp which readily admits that their system has shortcomings?

Enough said, at least we let you know the pros AND cons, not just the pros. =)

Thanks, men and women.
I would like to know , how accurate is the flash system? P-TTL.
Not really heard of this term?
I notice that Canon E-TTL II is quite unpredictable.

Could someone enlighten me.

Talking about features...
I notice Canon always brag about their processor DIGIC.
But their features are very limited.... like body -seal form dirt - Found only in Series 1 machine. Their noraml lenses like the 75-300mm normal apeature. ,doesn't even give special glass elements! I noticed almost akk Nikon cheaper lenses include ED glass! The chaep and good 55-200mm with VR.

How many people can afford LLLLLL Lenses??
That is their problem, when I don't use L, no professional Club?
Wow lao he...

They like to give very minimum upgrades.... strange?

Thanks, men and women.
I would like to know , how accurate is the flash system? P-TTL.
Not really heard of this term?
I notice that Canon E-TTL II is quite unpredictable.

i'm afraid it as 'bad' or even worse.....:sweat:
from friend of mine a pentax user

i'm afraid it as 'bad' or even worse.....:sweat:
from friend of mine a pentax user

Yes. The Pentax flash system is really bad IMO, until now I still not quite sure how to use it...:embrass:

D) I heard their lens are cheaper a lot than CANON.
E) I wish to stop from buying more " 3rd-party" gadgets.

First one is marginally true (50 1.4 is super cheap) but not necessarily so (10-22 vs. 12-24) and you lose lens selection.

Then how? U mean the P-TTL sucks?
Oh! NO!
I need a system for wedding ceremony shootings.
I know METZ do make flash for N and C. Pentax?

Then how? U mean the P-TTL sucks?
Oh! NO!
I need a system for wedding ceremony shootings.
I know METZ do make flash for N and C. Pentax?

P-TTL in theory should be good, but somehow the programming in the system couldn't handle it well. The pre-flash is a problem in macros & people who are very sensitive to light. It is really fast before the main flash, so the shots you take will have someone eyes closing or opening 1/2 way. Normally I'll do a manual setting on the flash. My indoor event setting is normally f5.6 or f6.3, shutter 1/180, ISO400. On my flash I'll use HS mode, f8 or f11, ISO400 (if a bit under I'll switch this to ISO200). Since it manual flash you do not get the preflash, the shots have much lesser ppl blinking their eyes.;)

P-TTL in theory should be good, but somehow the programming in the system couldn't handle it well. The pre-flash is a problem in macros & people who are very sensitive to light. It is really fast before the main flash, so the shots you take will have someone eyes closing or opening 1/2 way. Normally I'll do a manual setting on the flash. My indoor event setting is normally f5.6 or f6.3, shutter 1/180, ISO400. On my flash I'll use HS mode, f8 or f11, ISO400 (if a bit under I'll switch this to ISO200). Since it manual flash you do not get the preflash, the shots have much lesser ppl blinking their eyes.;)

Other systems also use a pre-flash to relay distance and other info, so this issue of people prematurely blinking isn't just limited to Pentax. But then again I'm not one who likes to use flash. In my opinion, good old TTL worked better and is more predictable results wise.

yea, dont know why on earth they gv up on ttl in the K10D. I miss the ttl in the Ds.

yea, dont know why on earth they gv up on ttl in the K10D. I miss the ttl in the Ds.
Yes very silly if you think about it when TTL flash metering works just fine. This is an example of incorporating newer features that isn't necessarily better. I can understand the need to go wireless but in the process, flash units older than the FGZ540 & FGZ360 can't get full functionality with the K10D & K100D. :thumbsd: Guess they want you to buy the newer flash units.

the one and only reason I would dump canon for pentax...

pancake lenses :bsmilie:

Hahaha..
Pancake lenses?
Manual focus only?

All the current DA Limited series of pancakes are auto focus lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.