Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by SzennyBoy
AFAIK... or remember... the official jungle hat wearers are:
1. Commando/Rangers
2. Snipers
3. BRC
4. Scouts

All must go thru' terok training just to wear that light-weight headgear... of course the weight issue is counter-balanced by all the other "extra" gear in the full-pack! Our 4-men team's gear was equivalent to a normal infantry section's gear! My back used to ache soooo much, especially in Brunei!!!

but out of the four...only 1 & 2 can wear the U.S. jungle hat which is what u see in my avatar :D

SzennyBoy > I guess u are from 4. ? cos u wear the S'pore jungle hat.

for me...only 2-men team and it is the signal set which is the killer...not forgetting those telescope, bino and camo gears.....that's why we used U.S. full pack which is much bigger in size

Originally posted by Wai

for me...only 2-men team and it is the signal set which is the killer...not forgetting those telescope, bino and camo gears.....that's why we used U.S. full pack which is much bigger in size
That was sometime ago... yep... #4!
We also had to carry the NVBs & NVGs, two signal sets, that lead brick (albany)... all for breaking trail! Anyway that is all in the past now. ;)

Heard from a friend that his reservist unit issued iDEN phones to signallers now ;)

High Key ICT = 7 cycles.
Low Key ICT = 3 cycles.

The above is not officially announced because it will create a stir for those that are currently into their 11th, 12th and the last cycle.

Originally posted by Goondu
High Key ICT = 7 cycles.
Low Key ICT = 3 cycles.

The above is not officially announced because it will create a stir for those that are currently into their 11th, 12th and the last cycle.

that's not the info the S1 told me leh...

Originally posted by Wai

that's not the info the S1 told me leh...

I'm from Armour and that is what I was told by my S4. He muttered something which Mindef had changed its directive. I have also heard from my camp mates about the same thing too.

My unit had just undergone its 10th year but unfortunately, Mindef only recorded 6 high key ICT. Next year, will definitely be high key, after which the following year will be my unit stand down, meaning to say ROD. :D

Hmm, come to think of it, I am getting older. ;)

Originally posted by Wai

but out of the four...only 1 & 2 can wear the U.S. jungle hat which is what u see in my avatar :D

Nah.. BRCs wear US jungle hats too.. officially somemore (at least for my Brigade. :D I guess depends on the individual unit lah.

Originally posted by azone

Nah.. BRCs wear US jungle hats too.. officially somemore (at least for my Brigade. :D I guess depends on the individual unit lah.
aiyo... just a hat.. and all this come out.......

Go buy one and wear lor!
hehhehhahaaaa

anyone wondering what's Adam doing now? busy saluting? :D :devil:

Originally posted by AdamGoi

Nope...he's wondering how in the world this thread has become so banal... 31 posts liao and no one wanna wish him well... :(

No need lar, you will survive. :bsmilie:

Originally posted by azone

they also wear helmet on their recce bike

u from the 3rd or 7th SIB or armour BDE??

Originally posted by Wai

they also wear helmet on their recce bike

u from the 3rd or 7th SIB or armour BDE??
7th SIB.

Oh yes, all the best adam! Enjoy your ICT. CHEONG SUA LIAO! :D

in-process, out-process..

Status
Not open for further replies.