I Dance in the Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much to friends, zhikang, and sci. ;) Hope to shoot with you guys~

kite_camy9.jpg

kite_camy8.jpg

These 2 close-up images of her would be the best, and are surely keepers for a long time. Very beautifully done although the post-processing is arguably a little heavy to some people. I have no strong disagreements with the "plastic" skin though. If you're to show anything in a portfolio, these 2 are it.

Personally, I feel that the whole series has significant inconsistencies. Some images look good, especially the close-ups, but the wide-angle shots look messy and can't pull the viewer's eyes, such as pic 1, 2, 3, 4, and more (which I think you can guess which ones.) I guess you can't help it with lots of unwanted/undesirable distractions in the foreground and background. Why not do some "cleaning up" in Photoshop?

Composition-wise, I think the B&W image (pic 8) is the most creative. The angle was impactful. This is another keeper and portfolio display-er.

Out of curiosity, what lens(es) did you use for the close-up shots?

Hiya Jema, :)

So nice to get comments from you. I thank you for the compliments :D and for the pics that are not good, I shall take note of what you mentioned in your tips. In fact I missed out something in Pic 8. I forgot to add noise to the model's countenance to make it look natural again after processing. :embrass:

Oh, I always use my 28-135mm for closeups. :)

Have a nice day! ^^

Hiya Jema, :)

So nice to get comments from you. I thank you for the compliments :D and for the pics that are not good, I shall take note of what you mentioned in your tips. In fact I missed out something in Pic 8. I forgot to add noise to the model's countenance to make it look natural again after processing. :embrass:

Oh, I always use my 28-135mm for closeups. :)

Have a nice day! ^^

Hmm... the sharpness of your close-up shots using that 28-135 lens went beyond my expectation. I thought it was a prime or L-series. I guess it could have been bumped up by in-camera sharpness or Photoshop.

Hmm... the sharpness of your close-up shots using that 28-135 lens went beyond my expectation. I thought it was a prime or L-series. I guess it could have been bumped up by in-camera sharpness or Photoshop.

Hehe... :) Yup, I sharpen it using Microsoft Digital Image Suite. The rest of the processing was done in Photoshop.

I like this one.. :)

For most of your WA composition my tots are similar to eow, it'll probably work better if you try out more unusual angles like very high or very low angles, & the colours are a little dull for the pics to work..

;) Thanks bro, you are right. I should have tried more angles and colors. ^_^

LOL... The model is scared of lizards. Thanks YLSX bro, I would definitely process and post more pics when I am free~ ;)

好漂亮的model. nice nice shot!

好漂亮的model. nice nice shot!

谢谢兄弟!呵呵!^^ I just looked through your deviantart. I very much enjoy your style.

Leejay, good attempt, and I'm sure you had fun. Contrary to your statement about more work is needed on the skin, I think less is best. Some of the skin smoothing attempt was too much, that one can tell its been processed excessively. Especially the part between the lines you wanted to keep, and the smoothed out portion, the noise level between them is too obvious. I think you used the Gaussian Blur method, or a third party software, am I right? Personally, I use mostly the airbrush method, its more natural.

All these I speak humbly, in my own best opinion, to share with you, so you will share with me your beautiful model too...hehehe, good job!!:thumbsup:

Leejay, good attempt, and I'm sure you had fun. Contrary to your statement about more work is needed on the skin, I think less is best. Some of the skin smoothing attempt was too much, that one can tell its been processed excessively. Especially the part between the lines you wanted to keep, and the smoothed out portion, the noise level between them is too obvious. I think you used the Gaussian Blur method, or a third party software, am I right? Personally, I use mostly the airbrush method, its more natural.

All these I speak humbly, in my own best opinion, to share with you, so you will share with me your beautiful model too...hehehe, good job!!:thumbsup:

Solid analyses, tiger. ^^
Thanks for your wonderful views and tips. I used 'Noise - Median' at 5, opacity 50% for three layers, so that might have been overdone eh? Hehe, I shall take deep note on that on airbrush. I know it is a proven method. I have tried that in fact, but abandoned it because it took me too much time to get the shades right (when I am free I will practise it ^^). Therefore I switched to MS Imaging Suite to do partial blurring and blending on some areas.

Thanks again, man, and I look forward to work with you on some themes together. ;)

nice shot ~ especially 18/19

BTW Leejay, I'm assuming you use some kind of tablet, eg Wacom, or mouse? With the tablet, its easy with the airbrush method, with mouse only, its close to impossible ;)

almost fainted.:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.