I can't get a seat on MRT anymore

TWmilkteaTW said:
Anyhow...if you refuse to give up your seats to the more needy..its deemed as unacceptable behaviour.
Come on. You had a really long and tired day. Do you think its only you? :) think about it.

Would u say the same if that person is sick?

How sick? Do the person know or can see that the person is sick?

TWmilkteaTW said:
How sick? Do the person know or can see that the person is sick?

I'm not gonna get into an endless argument with u.
Just wanna have my say, that being a public transport everyone should have same right to sit, whether ur young or old. A truly gracious society dont need signages to tell them to give up seats or reserve seats for anyone. If the person has heart, no need sign will also give seats to them.

Sure. I agree with you. "If the person has heart, no need sign will also give seats to them"

Problem is. People in general only have eyes to see. They cant feel you.

(If a old or pregnant lady came along. You are sick and is seating down. Everybody will still arrows you..But may not be the same if you have your leg in cast or something along that line.) Just saying. ;)

I think the society is becoming "judge by appearance". My dad is 70+, uses Brylcreem, so hair appears glossy and black. He doesn't get a seat. Then some younger bloke comes along, probably late 50-early 60s, with fluffy white hair. Someone gives up his seat to him.

To addon, sick does not mean the runny nose, sneezing kind of sick. There are truly sick people on public transport such as those suffering from cardio disease, cancer, slipped disc, etc. We cannot tell they are sick but I am sure they also liked to be treated like the handicaps.

Share with us your dad's secret to eternal youth. Then MRT can provide less seats on the trains.

Last edited:
ManWearPants said:
I think the society is becoming "judge by appearance". My dad is 70+, uses Brylcreem, so hair appears glossy and black. He doesn't get a seat. Then some younger bloke comes along, probably late 50-early 60s, with fluffy white hair. Someone gives up his seat to him.

To addon, sick does not mean the runny nose, sneezing kind of sick. There are truly sick people on public transport such as those suffering from cardio disease, cancer, slipped disc, etc. We cannot tell they are sick but I am sure they also liked to be treated like the handicaps.

Ultimately it's an act of grace. If a person tells me that he has some problem and I had ever given up the seat by giving the benefit of doubt.

Last edited:

That is true, but it is not "becoming" - it has always been that way. Hidden diseases can't be seen. I'm definitely not going to ask every stop if there's someone around with cardiovascular disease or cancer or is feeling weak and would like to sit? So you just gauge based on appearances and go on from there. Sometimes, you have to open your mouth, and that's just life.

sit on the floor lah. problem solved.

That is true, but it is not "becoming" - it has always been that way. Hidden diseases can't be seen. I'm definitely not going to ask every stop if there's someone around with cardiovascular disease or cancer or is feeling weak and would like to sit? So you just gauge based on appearances and go on from there. Sometimes, you have to open your mouth, and that's just life.

maybe i shld dye my hair white too...

or your dad can flash his senior citizen ezlink card. it works most of the time.

True. But then who would go ard telling others that they have cancer and so and so.... I think this group of people are the silent sufferer. Next time I just bring my own foldable chair.

Bring a rat to the MRT and you can choose any seat you want :bsmilie:

61012rat.jpg

True. But then who would go ard telling others that they have cancer and so and so.... I think this group of people are the silent sufferer. Next time I just bring my own foldable chair.

Just ask nicely - "hi, I'm not feeling so good today, is it ok if I could have your seat?"

I would like to think (and hope) that most people would have enough faith in humanity and in themselves to give up the seat with a smile. :)

Those old aunty and uncle feel like slapping their face when they keep saying they old need the seat, and instead of asking, they demanded the seat and make so much noise that they have money...

Those old aunty and uncle feel like slapping their face when they keep saying they old need the seat, and instead of asking, they demanded the seat and make so much noise that they have money...

not that i am evil or what, but if you look at it, the only way for things to improve just a wee bit, is when all such old folks die.

old dogs cannot learn new tricks, nothing goes into their heads. so either you put them down, or wait for them to die a natural death.

Just ask nicely - "hi, I'm not feeling so good today, is it ok if I could have your seat?"

I would like to think (and hope) that most people would have enough faith in humanity and in themselves to give up the seat with a smile. :)
politeness . you are right.

i wouldn't put it this way. still have respect the elderly. 敬老尊贤

[video=youtube;3cZ3WoQe3nI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cZ3WoQe3nI&feature=fvwrel[/video]

3.00min
young woman: u take my picture for FU_CK
mad woman: i let you FU_CK :bsmilie::confused:

crazy world out there in MRT...

[video=youtube;tad7NWwOjwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tad7NWwOjwI&feature=related[/video]japanese also dont give up seat to elderly..