Humanity level in my room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all...

Just wanted to update u all....

Last weekend got myself a 1.5L Dry box and c/w 3 pack of silicon gel beads (Dont know what to name it....anyway)

At first put all 3 pack into the dry box.
inside thew box 1 DSLR, 2 lens, 1 sony cybershot, 1 fujifilm Camera, Nikon EM Camera and Batteries and other stuffs.

After an while.. check the Humidity gauge is below 30%.....
I think may be i put too many pack inside the dry box and remove 1 pack from the box.
and same thing check again now is just abt 40%... since like is still too low....
Remove one more pack... left 1 pack inside the box... monitor again abt 45%.....
Still low... and finally remove the 3rd pack... (no silicon gel beads inside) and now is at 50%.
but dont know how long able to still at that level....

Since like I just need to get dry box without any silicon gel beads can maintain at the 50% level..... waste my $$$ for the silicon gel pack.

But overall I felt using dry box is not easy to manage and have to take the trouble to check to ensure the level is good.........

That is what I felt now......

OK... Just the dry dox w/o the silicon bag will do??? (Is that what u call it???.. silicon bag or gel)

will go for shopping this weekend......:sweatsm:

err...can opt for thirsty hippo instead?

Hi all...

Just wanted to update u all....

Last weekend got myself a 1.5L Dry box and c/w 3 pack of silicon gel beads (Dont know what to name it....anyway)

At first put all 3 pack into the dry box.
inside thew box 1 DSLR, 2 lens, 1 sony cybershot, 1 fujifilm Camera, Nikon EM Camera and Batteries and other stuffs.

After an while.. check the Humidity gauge is below 30%.....
I think may be i put too many pack inside the dry box and remove 1 pack from the box.
and same thing check again now is just abt 40%... since like is still too low....
Remove one more pack... left 1 pack inside the box... monitor again abt 45%.....
Still low... and finally remove the 3rd pack... (no silicon gel beads inside) and now is at 50%.
but dont know how long able to still at that level....

Since like I just need to get dry box without any silicon gel beads can maintain at the 50% level..... waste my $$$ for the silicon gel pack.

But overall I felt using dry box is not easy to manage and have to take the trouble to check to ensure the level is good.........

That is what I felt now......

:bsmilie: Hehehe...I already posted earlier that you just needed a box or a place to put your gear, so that they do not fall off the table or shelf or get kicked around. The humidity in the dry box will stabilise. Keep within 45 -55% Just switch your silica gel when one is used up and you need to heat that one up. The silica gel shouldn't be too expensive. Just take it as a lesson and just go out and shoot.

err...can opt for thirsty hippo instead?

TS is staying in Japan. Using a thirsty hippo is quite pointless, as the humidity in his room is 45-50%

:bsmilie: Hehehe...I already posted earlier that you just needed a box or a place to put your gear, so that they do not fall off the table or shelf or get kicked around. The humidity in the dry box will stabilise. Keep within 45 -55% Just switch your silica gel when one is used up and you need to heat that one up. The silica gel shouldn't be too expensive. Just take it as a lesson and just go out and shoot.

Oh... Just a normal plastic box will do the trick....:sweatsm:
Anyway got a dry box instead... :sweat:
Want to shot more... but now this few day been raining.....cant go out...
was stuck at home the whole weekend.. due to rain...

OK... Thanks for the advice...

TS is staying in Japan. Using a thirsty hippo is quite pointless, as the humidity in his room is 45-50%

Actually I didnt get a hippo instead I buy a humidifier cos is too dry for my skin and hands liao.... :bsmilie:

So getting a dry box should help to maintain the humidit level...I hope...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.