HP recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeanie, your N73 lags badly? How old is it? Did you upgrade the firmware?
Thinking of getting a N73 myself, hence feedback from you (N73 user) would be much appreciated.

yes.already upgraded the software about 3 weeks ago.
example of lag>when phone is lock and you want to unlock it, there's a lag.
go to messaging, you press too fast, it cannot catchup.
it's a good phone.nice features, a pity about the lag.
if not for the lag, i really dont mind using it though it's a little bulky

sounds like Nokia Sirocco series will suit Jeanie the best. :)

slim & elegant for her to bring to functions.

Thanks for your input, jeanie! :)

wind30,

i thought nokia only allows you to activate a country's map of your choice?

ya, i was tempted by it too till i saw the size.besides, i really dont need a GPS in my hp cos i got a mobile GPS too and will usually bring it with me when i go overseas.

the dvd recording vidz sounds good!

nope, nokia has the whole WORLD maps FOC. I just downloaded the california map for my trip last week. It allows you to have GPS positioning and pre-routing FOC. If you want real-time directions (100m turn right, etc), needs money. But I find the GPS voice real irritating. With GPS positioning and routing you can't get lost.

I don't use N95 GPS in singapore as it is hard to get lost in singapore, the N95 is mainly for overseas trips. Not just for driving but even when walking around a foreign city, it is real useful to have GPS positioning to get your bearings.

Talking about size, if you think about it, your mobile GPS + HP is really bigger than a N95 :) The N95 is big for a phone, but it makes up for it LARGE screen. With a screen this large, the phone can't really be small.

PS: although the video resolution is DVD (480p) but the quality is not as good as a DV cam, but probably the best among HP.

nope, nokia has the whole WORLD maps FOC. I just downloaded the california map for my trip last week. It allows you to have GPS positioning and pre-routing FOC. If you want real-time directions (100m turn right, etc), needs money. But I find the GPS voice real irritating. With GPS positioning and routing you can't get lost.

I don't use N95 GPS in singapore as it is hard to get lost in singapore, the N95 is mainly for overseas trips. Not just for driving but even when walking around a foreign city, it is real useful to have GPS positioning to get your bearings.

Talking about size, if you think about it, your mobile GPS + HP is really bigger than a N95 :) The N95 is big for a phone, but it makes up for it LARGE screen. With a screen this large, the phone can't really be small.

PS: although the video resolution is DVD (480p) but the quality is not as good as a DV cam, but probably the best among HP.

thanks for the insight.
i just checked cnet asia review, i think the cons is batt life.

i agree this phone is features packed, but seriously too big for me.

My mum's D500 is nearly 2 years old and it slides like brand new, unlike the Nokia sliders that I've used, even the high-end series, that becomes un-smooth after some months.

My 2 years old D500 slider still as good as new, but the connection to the LCD seems loose and the speaker also got problem

wanted to get it repaired but the cost will be as good as buying a new one :cry:

good morning csers,

thinking of getting a new hp.

currently using k800i and N73

any good recommendations?

how's the new LG shine series?never had experience with LG hp before.

no vertu please.

thanks all

Hi Jeanie,

I have both k800i and N73. Both have its merits .

General
If you are just making a phone call or other basic functions, neither wins.
In terms of stability, both hangs on me frequently.
In terms of camera , i like k800i
In terms of portability, i really do not like memory stick
Battery N 73 wins big time. My k800i batt dies within a day

Navigation
UI lagging - k800i lags on me. it takes a long time to boot up.
I prefer nokia UI, but that is personal preferences

If you think N73 lag, please try k800i. I got mine 2 months back. N73 last year.

sounds like Nokia Sirocco series will suit Jeanie the best. :)

slim & elegant for her to bring to functions.

For a person who use to think of iPhone, Sirocco is out.

yup.i like my k800i but only thing is it's a little bulky for a gal.it's thick.
would like something slim for slipping it into my formal handbag for functions.
same goes for n73, it's thick, and what's worse it's laggy.:cry:

Have you try to delete all your SMS ? The Message application sometimes lag things down.

If it does not work, PM me, I have a way to speed up your phone.

My 2 years old D500 slider still as good as new, but the connection to the LCD seems loose and the speaker also got problem

wanted to get it repaired but the cost will be as good as buying a new one :cry:

Yes yes. Samsung really has good slider mechanisms. My mum's phone still going strong and functions well. But she is not a heavy user lah.

Jeanie, you might also consider the Nokia E65. Another eye-catching design other than Samsung U600.

iphone already in US.can buy there and post to sg one. very very good .

You can buy iPhone on eBay. Costs between US$400 - 600 plus shipping plus 7%GST. Trouble is I think you require to activate it using AT & T. I'd love someone to tell me it isn't so as I'm about to replace my Razr 3 in a hurry. Its on its last legs... sigh..

Status
Not open for further replies.