How you keep your lens??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Godzilla....

Currently, no dry cab, only dry box....

All lens facing downward still.... Will switch the lens over.....

I stack some primes on top of each other at times..... :embrass:

i'd say invest in a good dry cabinet....it is only 100 plus but it gives u a peace of mind especially with your lens collection......
:sweat:

i'd say invest in a good dry cabinet....it is only 100 plus but it gives u a peace of mind especially with your lens collection......
:sweat:

Yes..... Agree... especially when I am planning on a few more lens.... and give me a piece of mind....

In my range..... 17-40mm, 70-200mm & 100mm f2.8 Macro.....;p

Yes..... Agree... especially when I am planning on a few more lens.... and give me a piece of mind....

In my range..... 17-40mm, 70-200mm & 100mm f2.8 Macro.....;p

woooh....more lens....better buy a bigger dry cab....should not cost more than $200 for one that holds everything.

seems like the BBB virus has taken control of u....:devil:

woooh....more lens....better buy a bigger dry cab....should not cost more than $200 for one that holds everything.

More than tat if you want a good one.. like the DHC series... ;)

Get at least 80l for tat amount, coz you'll get more later... ;)

MMmm..... Not really BBB virus..... I tried a friend L lens and was impressed with built and quality.... and so, thought of getting one since my 70-300mm Sigma is a goner.... and need a replacement telephoto zoom..... It is a Film era lens, with very bad flaring, and CA.... so, have to replace it......

I really like the non linear extension, non-rotating lens, internal focus of 70-200mm f4........ unlike most zooms..... such as 28-105mm.... My kit lens will serve me till I have enough budget for a 17-40mm, as I will get the telephoto first...... and it is projected in 12 mths time plus to get this 2 lenses.... so it is not really a BBB virus... BBB virus will not wait one.... lol..... :bsmilie:

I still believe that equipment is secondary to the skills of the photographer. ;)

More than tat if you want a good one.. like the DHC series... ;)

Get at least 80l for tat amount, coz you'll get more later... ;)

MMmm.... I am planning not getting more than lenses....

17-40mm and 70-200mm will be covering a lot with the 3 primes in between... and maybe a macro much later...... But it is good to make provision for more space......

Just worry the list will grow to fill that space... ;p

MMmm..... Not really BBB virus..... I tried a friend L lens and was impressed with built and quality.... and so, thought of getting one since my 70-300mm Sigma is a goner.... and need a replacement telephoto zoom..... It is a Film era lens, with very bad flaring, and CA.... so, have to replace it......

I really like the non linear extension, non-rotating lens, internal focus of 70-200mm f4........ unlike most zooms..... such as 28-105mm.... My kit lens will serve me till I have enough budget for a 17-40mm, as I will get the telephoto first...... and it is projected in 12 mths time plus to get this 2 lenses.... so it is not really a BBB virus... BBB virus will not wait one.... lol..... :bsmilie:

I still believe that equipment is secondary to the skills of the photographer. ;)

wow....u have been bitten by a slower-acting variant of it. :sweatsm:

lucky i am holding sony so not compatible with the lens u want...

MMmm.... I am planning not getting more than lenses....

17-40mm and 70-200mm will be covering a lot with the 3 primes in between... and maybe a macro much later...... But it is good to make provision for more space......

Just worry the list will grow to fill that space... ;p

dun worry.... when u outgrow the 80L dry cab.... sign up for storagehub haha:devil:

wow....u have been bitten by a slower-acting variant of it. :sweatsm:

lucky i am holding sony so not compatible with the lens u want...

It is a slower variant.... not the air borne type!!! lol.... :bsmilie:

I am not familar with Sony..... Sony good... not so much lens to tempt you right???? :think:

dun worry.... when u outgrow the 80L dry cab.... sign up for storagehub haha:devil:

what is storage hub?????:think:

I look at the onilne catalogue.... think maybe will get 60L... Any cab I get, it will be a "L".... lol...... :bsmilie:

what is storage hub?????:think:

I look at the onilne catalogue.... think maybe will get 60L... Any cab I get, it will be a "L".... lol...... :bsmilie:

eh.... i actually meant storhub. check out www.storhub.com.sg..... u may require to rent the whole storage space for your lens.. :bsmilie:

will 60L be sufficient when the BBB virus is full-blown and your lens are coming in faster than the fastest shutter speed of your cam? :bsmilie:

eh.... i actually meant storhub. check out www.storhub.com.sg..... u may require to rent the whole storage space for your lens.. :bsmilie:

will 60L be sufficient when the BBB virus is full-blown and your lens are coming in faster than the fastest shutter speed of your cam? :bsmilie:

You win liao lor..... Storhub???? :bigeyes:

I not opening a shop to sell camera and stuffs leh..... lol..... :bsmilie:

I do not think I will buy a lot of lens.... Currently....
Listed lens.... 24, 35, 50. 28-105. ef-s 18-55 5 lens only....
Sigma and 2 kit lens are seldom used.... so might get rid of them.....

Planning.... 17-40, 70-200, 100 macro. That is about it. 60L should be enough I think..... Plus 2 flash..... mmmm.... :think:

In the dry box, my lenses will be facing "up", ie the rear lens cap at the bottom. However in the camera bag, the lenses will be facing "down", with the rear lens cap on top. This is to allow quicker swapping of lenses, I'll just loosen the rear lens cap, and all ready to transfer and change lenses.

You win liao lor..... Storhub???? :bigeyes:

I not opening a shop to sell camera and stuffs leh..... lol..... :bsmilie:

I do not think I will buy a lot of lens.... Currently....
Listed lens.... 24, 35, 50. 28-105. ef-s 18-55 5 lens only....
Sigma and 2 kit lens are seldom used.... so might get rid of them.....

Planning.... 17-40, 70-200, 100 macro. That is about it. 60L should be enough I think..... Plus 2 flash..... mmmm.... :think:

that will be more than 5K SGD for u to buy them first hand +D

that will be more than 5K SGD for u to buy them first hand +D

$5 k??? For which one??? All the lens???? I have the rest....

I am planning for

1. 70-200mm f4 ($1K)
2. 17-40mm f4 ($1170)
3. 100mm Macro f2.8 ($810)

That will be around $3K..... but I am slowly buying, and will not rush.... should take around 18 months.... or more...... hope for BIG FAT BONUS this year.... ;)

In the dry box, my lenses will be facing "up", ie the rear lens cap at the bottom. However in the camera bag, the lenses will be facing "down", with the rear lens cap on top. This is to allow quicker swapping of lenses, I'll just loosen the rear lens cap, and all ready to transfer and change lenses.

I heard some PRO when they shoot, they remove the rear caps... wonder if it will scratch the rear lens element??? Simply have the bag cover over the lens only.... :think:

For me, I will not loosen the rear element unless I am changing lens......

I heard some PRO when they shoot, they remove the rear caps... wonder if it will scratch the rear lens element??? Simply have the bag cover over the lens only.... :think:

For me, I will not loosen the rear element unless I am changing lens......

It allows for a faster lens change, I only do it if I'm on an assignment and I have only 1 body. If I'm shooting leisurely, I'd take my time to change lenses.

long term: lens retract .default
horozontal. in dry cab.
battery remove.

short term: refer above. no compromise... once your lens fungus:sweatsm:..thats it bro...
same applies to camera..good luck.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.