How to take pict in night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried a search? Checked the basics of night photography online? Tried reading any basic photography tutorials?

Have you taken a look at the Night Photography forum category and read the helpful stickies there? No? Then start there first.

Thanks everybody for the fast reply.Hmmm,should start reading first.

hi ts

i firmly agree with rashkae, and u are doing the right thing.

after reading these stickies in the night photo sub forum here in cs, go out and shoot shooting.

go back home and review those photo, analyze what went wrong, if u cant figure it out, post the photo here than we can better offer u suggestions.

You can save your replies for YOURSELF cos I don't see them useful in anyway to newbies & btw this is a subthread for NEWBIES. You can just shut up since ur advice is not relevant to anyone here.

Learn a bit of courtesy too. Telling people to "shut up" is not a good way to get started. Nor would you dare say that to my face.

So, let me break it down into the simplest things possible, the exact way I learned it when I was 7:

Shutter speed: how long light is allowed to hit the sensor
Aperture: How much light the lens lets through; how big the "hole" in the lens is. Affects depth of field too.
ISO: How sensitive the sensor is to light. 200 is twice as sensitive as 100, 400 twice of 200, etc. The higher the ISO, the more noise you introduce.

Basics of night photography: TRIPOD.

ya, you should go join them!! go with them to shoot-outs!! coz if you dun know anything, you can ask them straightaway!! I highly recommend!!;)

yea, go bro! go try out!! coz everyone has a different way of shooting night photography.. you will need to find your own style and way.. Coz i might say, i use high ISO and slow shutter speed, but other people might use other ways, Only advice is to use all your settings, ISO, Aperture, Shutter speed and all.. Test it out and understand.. Okay??:D then after you figured it out, then maybe you can ask more on the topic!!:)

Okie sure, haven't tried high ISO yet cos I was always told of the noises...Will try to mix & match all together in my Nepal trip next week =)
btw I'm not bro lah hahaha

ya, you should go join them!! go with them to shoot-outs!! coz if you dun know anything, you can ask them straightaway!! I highly recommend!!;)

no, i dont recommend this. asking people when u dont know what is going on, than how can people understand ur question?

u cant expect people sit down the whole session to explain to u the ABC of night photography.

if one is too lazy to even bother to read up on the basics, and just expect to be spoon feed, than one should wear dipers also during the outings.

Okie sure, haven't tried high ISO yet cos I was always told of the noises...Will try to mix & match all together in my Nepal trip next week =)
btw I'm not bro lah hahaha

Sis then! ;)

If you're shooting daylight, keep the ISO low.

Night photography of moving objects like people: Higher ISO

Night landscape: Tripod and low ISO.

yeah..i do agree...at least read up a little..then experiment...
actually..nightshot is when u probably learn the most...

try keep on trying :)

no, i dont recommend this. asking people when u dont know what is going on, than how can people understand ur question?

u cant expect people sit down the whole session to explain to u the ABC of night photography.

if one is too lazy to even bother to read up on the basics, and just expect to be spoon feed, than one should wear dipers also during the outings.

Hmm.. i agree.. so what i recommend is to take night photography on your own first, then understand how did your photos go when you take it.. then slowy u understand.. Then by then, when you understand leh, then it will be much easier to ask around when you go for the outings, as you will have specific questions in your mind le :D

Agreed - the blind leading the blind is not a good solution, nor is preventing an experienced photog from getting his/her shots with lots of basic newbie questions.

Best to join a basic photography course.

Sis then! ;)

If you're shooting daylight, keep the ISO low.

Night photography of moving objects like people: Higher ISO

Night landscape: Tripod and low ISO.

Thanks, bro, will try to experiment again & again.
I take back my blunt words in my earlier thread. =)

yea sis! like everyone says, go try out on your own, join a photography course or ask your frens who are willing to teach you.. then after that.. when you begin to take the photos, you will find night photography is actually very fun!!:D

yea sis! like everyone says, go try out on your own, join a photography course or ask your frens who are willing to teach you.. then after that.. when you begin to take the photos, you will find night photography is actually very fun!!:D

Thanks for ur encouragement bro. Sure have been reading quite alot but haven't really got time to experiment yet so I guess didn't really absorb the words much... =S

best is to read up and understand the basics before going out for some fun at night.

at least you will be asking the right questions and coming up with the correct answers
basically exposure is a balance of aperture and shutter speed, after you understand that you can experiment
and learn lots by trying out all the different permutations

best is to read up and understand the basics before going out for some fun at night.

at least you will be asking the right questions and coming up with the correct answers
basically exposure is a balance of aperture and shutter speed, after you understand that you can experiment
and learn lots by trying out all the different permutations

yup!! But if you can use whatever you learn straightaway, its a bonus, coz you can correct your mistakes when you review your photos. Thats how I understand night photography, read up, understand how to use the settings correctly, then apply them whenever you can!! best is, if you take your camera wherever you go, and i mean wherever you go, it would be best, as you will be practising as and when you can!!

Thanks for ur encouragement bro. Sure have been reading quite alot but haven't really got time to experiment yet so I guess didn't really absorb the words much... =S

yea, no prob sis! Dont be discouraged by the photos you take (Either for better or for worse), as that will be your learning point.. :D

Hmm.. anyway, gambatte!! and good luck in night photography!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.