How to overcome work stress ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go for a 1mth break, paid or unpaid leave, whatever u like it.

Backpack, F&E trip to a slow country. Admire the scenery, the people around u. Alternatively, try going to a place where there's even higher stress level - like Tokyo, where ppl are literally working to death and remind urself, there's always another more stressful place on Planet Earth. ;)

for me, to de-stress is to have a nice, sumptuous meal :lovegrin: :lovegrin:
after all, we work to eat and to live, right ? if not, work so hard for what ?!

King Tiger said:
Anyone got any inspiration quote to boost up my moral ?

I need some fuel of inspiration to reboot, recharge and recover. :sweat:

Me fed up with work stress too... thats why i am planning short getaways to our neighbouring countries... tioman diving trip and malacca trip
;)

Interested?
:devil: :devil: :devil:

icarus said:
Me fed up with work stress too... thats why i am planning short getaways to our neighbouring countries, malacca trip
:

:lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin: anyone???? 25/26 june (next wkend) :D

Virgo said:
Take a short break.

i am more stress now after 2 weeks of holiday

cos more work accumulated and many are long overdue now :dunno: :hung:

jsbn said:
Go for a 1mth break, paid or unpaid leave, whatever u like it.

Backpack, F&E trip to a slow country. Admire the scenery, the people around u. Alternatively, try going to a place where there's even higher stress level - like Tokyo, where ppl are literally working to death and remind urself, there's always another more stressful place on Planet Earth. ;)

i took unpaid leave and over-spent somemore :mad2: :mad2:

Hmmm,
The best is actually to change your job. :cool:

The next thing is to take a break... Be it with or without your spouse. I would recommend 1 month break. Go to somewhere different. Need not be slow but needs to be interesting... Since you drive, how about a road trip in US from east coast to the west? Do a photo blog while you're at it :sweatsm:

Alternatively, I "clean my rifle" ;) at work to relief stress temporarily :bsmilie:

King Tiger said:
Last month, I work 93 hours of OT aside from normal working hours.
I think I work until ki siao liao. :angry:
Not much time to commit for other activity like photography.
Now got Monday Blue Syndrome, got a bit of work stress and work load is getting more as some of my colleages have resign due to fedup, frustration and etc.

It helps to drink heavily

Can understand that from your nick :bsmilie: just kidding.

cookiez said:
for me, to de-stress is to have a nice, sumptuous meal :lovegrin: :lovegrin:
after all, we work to eat and to live, right ? if not, work so hard for what ?!

i'm also under lots of stress from work. Work must deliver but no results to show and the best part is there is no one to help you. And your boss thinks you're under performing.

Many times I feel like just quitting, but it doesn't seem that easy. There's this tinge of commitment you just have put in that make you want to complete your work. IT line sucks to put it this way.. :thumbsd:

ricohflex said:
try yoga or meditation. slow down.
just don't do anything for a few hours. and that means don't watch tv.
listen to the crickets in the fields at night
just take out your camera's standard lens and admire the craftmanship that went into it.

Thanls ricohflex, that seem to be a good way to retreive stress. :)

Adam Goi said:
Stop working lor ... but then you'll have another kind of stress ...

i agree!! i tried that before...no $ also very stress...haha...savings all being used up...when u cant even afford public transport...it's VERY STRESSFUL. :sweatsm:

sbs99 said:
i agree!! i tried that before...no $ also very stress...haha...savings all being used up...when u cant even afford public transport...it's VERY STRESSFUL. :sweatsm:

Fully agree with you. It is very dreadful when it has to come to not being able to afford public transport and had like 2 meals a day. Getting by each day is a challenge on its own.

King Tiger said:
Last month, I work 93 hours of OT aside from normal working hours.
I think I work until ki siao liao. :angry:
Not much time to commit for other activity like photography.
Now got Monday Blue Syndrome, got a bit of work stress and work load is getting more as some of my colleages have resign due to fedup, frustration and etc.

go get laid... big time! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Caussway said:
Can understand that from your nick :bsmilie: just kidding.

u are absolutely right ! hehee... :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.