How to kill Cockroach?

What Would You Do?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah_Seng said:
Yeah. Why kill them?

Perhaps you have got no idea what diseases these disgusting creatures carry with them- it'll realized your wildest dreams on what you see on National Geographic or Discovery that applies only to 3rd world countries. They carry stuffs like dysentery, gastroenteritis, typhoid and poliomyeliti that almost guarantees your maximum nightmare and have you wishing that you'd bought an apartment next to a hospital. :faint:

Not to mention they give off a disgusting smell (aggregation pheromone) that makes a bad mix of Dettol and Toilet cleaning acid (Ammonia) a high class perfume. :ipuke:

Not just they're disgusting when they're alive, so are they when you decide to crush them. In Kampong (village) days, where the ground is soil or grass, stepping on one will just fulfill 'from dust you come, and so will you return..."; nowadays it's all concrete, ceramic and marble floorings. Stepping on them and the disgusting mess gets bigger with all the roach juice splattering all over and having you no place to rub off that gum on the sole of your foot off. I simply refuse to mop clean a roachy fiesta with extra cheese. :eek:

I can't imagine who would allow an escapee... and I'd simply got no idea why we need these disgusting bugs in our eco system when we'd already enough bugs to get it going...

furrycake said:
it finally died ... i waited like half an hr, didnt dare to move.

You're a brave soul.

David Chin said:
...large flying cockroach and it was instantly electrocuted.

Where can I get this? :vhappy:

ihub88 said:
er, can include in microware them?

I catch them, put them in plastic bag and cook the hell out of them

I presume your wife or mum didn't know what you'd did to the microwave... :hung:

StrifeYun said:
.... cause she not scared wan

You'd got a brave girlfriend over there.

Used to stay in the hall with a pond with some fish in it..
Whenever I see a cockroach, I'll kick it against a wall so it'll be stunned for a while,
then pick it up and throw it into the pond..

It'll struggle for a little but catching the attention of the fish..
And then it's gobbled up in a flash.

You reminded me of the village stories my mum used to tell me. Each household usually keep some live poultry. And when they see a roach, they'll let go their house representative (the hungriest chicken or duck) to gobble them up... :bsmilie:

Wah, so much drama!

I'll just catch the cockroach using tissue paper, wrap it up, and flush it down the toilet. End of story. No mess, and your house is pest-free again.

I hate & scared of cockroaches a lot too... but as i grew up & older, brave enough to smack it with a roll of newspaper, if it doesn't dies i'll spray some incecticide on it... usually i will also make sure that it has died & dispose off it before i can set my mind at ease... I won't let it run away to hide somewhere... my mind then will think abt it the whole night, cannot sleep well... :bsmilie:

Cruel! Being a pest doesn't mean we can torture it right?? Complain to SPCA??

You forgot another way.........when i was young, my lao-bu just pick up the kar-chuak and literally tear the body into half.............:eek: :sweat:

if you forgot another way.........when i was young, my lao-bu just pick up the kar-chuak and literally tear the body into half.............:eek: :sweat:

Eee :eek: ... that's gros...

I didn't see my mum doing that though... your mum must be very pissed off... :sweat:

:sweatsm: Oh boy, an interesting thread to read.

Dun kill lah......... take our your macro lens and take a few shots............smashed it!! Then take the after effect........ should be quite full filling..........hehhehehe..........

Dun kill lah......... take our your macro lens and take a few shots............smashed it!! Then take the after effect........ should be quite full filling..........hehhehehe..........

It sure will cause some banding issues on my sensor.... not to mention back focusing :bsmilie:

A previous encounter with a German cockroach taught me how cunning these scums can be. After spraying some gas the dirtbag ran to the corner of one of my cabinet to lay it's egg afterinwhich it made another dash 90 degrees... probably thinking I blind to see the decoy... :angry:

Seems like these scumbags have some kind of intelligence.... :bigeyes:

speaking of intelligence...i been killing roaches everywhere i c them...i did some personal research...roaches in singapore haf 2 type...street type n dosmetic type... street type usefully are faster n longer legs...due to running ard the rough terrain their body are higher from the ground...i tink muz be becoz outside terrain too rough n their body cannot take the abrasion...tats y they evolve...n longer legs they run faster...muz dosmetic type are different...they are slower n shorter legs...their body are lower to the ground... becoz our hse are mostly tiles flooring so they dun need worry abt hurting their body... also shorter legs n slowly...they dun need run much to find food...it's juz a short distance in the garbage bag...fancinating creature...highly adaptable...yet freaking annoying n destructive...

You guys make it sound like you have a lot of cockroaches inside your house. I very seldom find cockroach in my house, but I find ants more of a nuisance.

Status
Not open for further replies.