How to frustrate pick-pockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
use credit cards.

adamadam said:
be like LiOnElLiN! Don't carry anything with you! :)
Then you got nothing for them to steal (except your clothes, maybe your shoes...)

Hey, if you don't carry anything on your body meaning shirtless, shoeless and trouserless, don't you think you'll be attracting a lot of attention?

I think you should try to look common and poor. Don't wear anything more than $10 from Pasar Malam.

spraylord said:
fyi, nowadays most of the thieves and pickpockets know how to use credit card! :bsmilie:
everyone knows how to. it's just that you dont lose so much if they do use ur card. just report card loss when it gets picked. your money will still be safe.

Clown said:
everyone knows how to. it's just that you dont lose so much if they do use ur card. just report card loss when it gets picked. your money will still be safe.

Actually u still loses out. It all depends on the bank. Some banks charges $$ for a replacement of the credit card

Clown said:

Not true. Some banks will only indemify your losses from the moment it receives your loss-of-card report in writing, which can be 1 or 2 days later. By then the thief could have bought $10000 worth of goodies.

Even if you detect the loss and report it within, say, 60 minutes, the thief could already have bought $1000 worth of goodies already. You're still liable for that.

I think some card companies have 24 hours phone service for you to report loss of card. Have the numbers of your cards written down somewhere. First thing noticing the theft of your card report it straight away.

The worst part is to having to replace all those cards, Medical card lah, Credit card lah, Keycard lah, ID card lah , company security card lah and also GF's photo (which you have to come up with a better excuse than being pick-pocketed).

Don't carry more cards and money than you need.

The other day I left my wallet in the office and went into a restaurant on the way home without having the money to pay for the food. Fortunately I remembered that I kept a $50 note inside my work bag.

Heheh....spread the money everywhere lah. Inside socks, inside belt, inside cigarette box, inside shoes, front pocket, back pocket and side pocket etc etc. And also carry two or three wallets. So one is stolen you've got another two?

sulhan said:
Carry no cash.......just a bunch of useless cards....

thats me.....

rgds,sulhan

hehe, cards may not be useless if they thieves know what they are doing.

Anyway when I go travelling, I carry all my valuable stuff in my money belt, and my camera bag cross slinged across my front. Putting on a stony/fierce expression helps, likewise walking and looking confident.

Having come back from Barcelona (which I've heard lots of horror stories about; almost every group of friends I know who've gone there had some encounters with thieves/muggers/fraudsters), it seemed to have worked for me! :D

Use a money clip and keep that in your front pocket.

Invent a wallet that goes like this whenever someone newly possesses it:
"Welcome to XXX's wallet. To start opening this wallet you have to activate it. If you have an internet connection, you may choose to activate through internet, or you may also wish to activate by calling your local customer service." .......... ;p

engage the services of renegade the naked cowboy cisco guard.

yaoxing said:
Invent a wallet that goes like this whenever someone newly possesses it:
"Welcome to XXX's wallet. To start opening this wallet you have to activate it. If you have an internet connection, you may choose to activate through internet, or you may also wish to activate by calling your local customer service." .......... ;p

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:
how big the wallet will be? :bsmilie:

LiOnElLiN said:
thats a really long-winded way to spell "gypsies" :bsmilie:

aiyah, can't discriminate like that lah. I'm pretty sure there are locals who cheat/steal/pickpocket/etc too!

get those pri sch boys use one. those metal chain and chain 5 of them to ur wallet and the other end to your clothes?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.