How to fight mosquitos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
furrypaws said:
.................... i can have like 10 mossies in my room in one night. its shuddering scary. all i have to do is jus shake my blanket a little and 4,5 will fly out. then its massacre time..muahahah.. big fat juicy idiots.. from my knowledge, nothing works..
............(
your case sounds extreme.....

must drive you crazy.... i tot i had it bad, but this takes the cake.

have you tried locking up your room by day and filling it with baygon/mortein/shelltox etc?

furrypaws said:
erm, it does NOT work...

ure not alone here, i thought i was the only one having mossie woes.. turns out to be quite a widespread issue indeed. i can have like 10 mossies in my room in one night. its shuddering scary. all i have to do is jus shake my blanket a little and 4,5 will fly out. then its massacre time..muahahah.. big fat juicy idiots.. from my knowledge, nothing works..

mossie coil, mossie mats, mossie liquid, mossie patch, mossie UV lamp, citronella candle, nothing WORKS!

only way is to KILL KILL KILL. its the only species i have no mercy for.. cuz it gave me dengue and causes loss of sleep fo rme.. ;(

Wah your case extreme liao lor. And i tot those commando mossies in the jungles that can bite thru your slacks + underwear are extreme. Mossie coils are effective against them.

another way is to complain to MP :D
maybe they will do something to your area hehehehe ...

wow..mozzie WAR!

i stay in landed terrace. kena dengue several yrs back. past wk has been quite bad. if i dun put mozzie coil, surely get bitten when i sleep. and mornings.. my ritual is to 'flush 'em out, i'll hunt all dark corners/clothes/whatever, past 4 mornings i've killed 6 per morning, seem like magic no.!hee.

in my living room, there's a HUGE UV lamp/zapper, and i must say it is pretty effective, when i sit near it abt 2meters when watching TV, mostlikely i won't get bitten, and one can hear zaps every 15mins or so! and for few days last wk, i get HUNDREDS...yes...litterally HUNDGREDS of mozies on my living room ceiling/corners/walls. v heng they're all male, and damn easy to kill, but all v high up,( mi ceiling is 3meters), in the peak of the night, the UV zaps like one every minute. when one clears the UV thingy...mass grave man!!!!

what works for me, Aircon, mozzie coil. i used to have those electric baygon thingy...guess not v healthy for humans.

i bought a UV lamp and it kills none so far for a day. :(

di0nysus said:
v heng they're all male, and damn easy to kill,

Male? I'm afraid you got the wrong ones. You should be killing the girls! Its the female mossies that suck blood. :)

Drudkh said:
i bought a UV lamp and it kills none so far for a day. :(

small uv lamp dun work. i ever bot a $15 one, and it managed to kill one, after which, it "short-circuited" and was spoilt :(

where to get those larger uv lamps? and the cost?

furrypaws said:
small uv lamp dun work. i ever bot a $15 one, and it managed to kill one, after which, it "short-circuited" and was spoilt :(

where to get those larger uv lamps? and the cost?
i bought from carrefour, suntec. there's another one that cost $40 but too big leh. didn't know which one to buy so i bought the cheap $14.90 one and that's the last piece. :( anybody help? mosquitos are driving me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.