How to convince your wife/gf of your intention....

i just tell her or she just finds out when she sees it ..... nothing to discuss ..... as long as its with my own money and not from the family common pool

Oh ! You mean your wives control your $$$ one and u get pocket money every month ??? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

joking

ditto all the above tatics below :bsmilie:

this tactic I have seen other friends use

"U want me to get into this hobby or spend the money at KTV or on China women ?"

sure win one

Still trying to work out this common pool vs your-own-money thingie and trying to avoid the pit of having 99% of money going into pool and 1% going into your-own-money :bsmilie:

I like that second portion excuse also. Solid. Anything else to impart?

Oh ! You mean your wives control your $$$ one and u get pocket money every month ??? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

On no..burst my bubble:cry:

Just want her to support this "new" hobby. Did hint to her that a few K camera will produce better PQ.

Just want her to say the 3 words!

Just Buy Lah!;)

Hey guys, just wondering how do you guys convince your wife or girlfriend that you want to buy that particular DSLR?

And gals, just how do you get convince?

Tell her that you'd be getting her something of equal value (or more ex) for her next birthday....... works always.....

or just play dumb....... its not as if she can tell the diff between a D3 and D3000.....

The size...D3000 cute cute she may not think much, but D3 different story...

"got it fr someone who said her husband told her it costs only a couple hundred.."

or just play dumb....... its not as if she can tell the diff between a D3 and D3000.....

I don't know whether can trust you on this one
dry.gif

"Dear, the 7D viewfinder is bigger than my current 500D, but u know, the 5D is still one of the better models. Of course the 1D Mk IV is the best, but I not that good yet, and don't think I can reach that level. So far my sifu Kit says Full Frame like 5D is better when shooting landscape."

tell her u got it from a CS member who is upgrading to something 3 times the price, maybe she will agree with your humble purchase.

but my own longer term strategy has been to get her interested in photography as well, buy her a reasonably good budget model, sponsor her for courses, praise her for good shots, compare your lousy shots with her good shots....motivate and tune her to your frequency if u get what i mean ,,,, :bsmilie: Then both of u can go shopping together. ;)

now i m waiting for her to ask for upgrade :bsmilie: then my next lens ...oops! hope she is not reading this...;p

Hang your compact camera around your neck and whenever you see someone with a DSLR, purse your lips, make a 'ke lian' face and repeatedly switch your gaze between your compact and his DSLR

Hey guys, just wondering how do you guys convince your wife or girlfriend that you want to buy that particular DSLR?

And gals, just how do you get convince?

On July this year, I sold my 5Dmk1 to raise the '聘金' (betrothal money for the bride's family),then told my wife I might need a new camera after our wedding dinner this coming Oct :)

She agrees to it and says will support me in buying a 5Dmk3 (if any after our dinner).

DSLR cost less than wife/gf's branded hand bag, need to convince ? If she need to buy another branded hand bag so do you .:)

Simple
Girls spend $1 on a $2 item even if it is useless just because it is on sales
Guys spend $2 on a $1 item because it is useful

In short, just tell her it is on sales :D You might need to photoshop a newspaper for that purpose.

Last edited: