How many times you took to obtain your driving Licence?

How many times you taken the test for driving?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool !! thnx for all the encouragement, and yea all the experiences that you guys had shared !!

i finally passed my driving !! on 2nd attempt !! :D hehee

And good luck to those that are taking the driving test.

Alright, congratulations leeter!!

Now is to buy a car to store all your camera equipment and drive around!!!

Fail on my 1st attempt few years back and decided that driving isn't for me.

Was riding motorbike during that period of time (got years of road experience), so during practical test on road, I was driving the car like riding motorbike as usual, got immediate failure for NOT CHECKING BLIND SPOT LONG ENOUGH B4 CHANGE LANE .. can you believe that ...:sweat:

Its kind of interesting to see so many different responses from testers and those taking tests. I agree that most testers had a "blank-look", kind of scary - this is something those of us taking test need to manage phychologically and not to be affected by them. 1st time take test, damn un-steady...

During warm-up session, instructor taught me a "new" way to lane change. It was more like defensive driving - cut in fast - that was the coolest way to change lane - I thought to myself. During actual test in circuit, everything was fine. I thought my chance of passing was high.

On the road, I applied the earlier lane change technique - cut in fast on a busy road. Tester looked at me and I looked at him ... "Oh no, not good ..." I told myself. After junction, there was suddenly a hazard in front. My mind went blank when tester suddenly stepped on the e-brake on my behalf :bigeyes: . Next moment, dunno why I kept saying:"sorry, sorry". What the hack was I doing; trying to make him pity me? :sticktong Guess I was too nervous. That by the way was immediate failure. But tester say: "carry on...". Back at the office, it's same thing, he tick, tick and tick and passed me the result. I knew it. O well, till now, still cannot forget that incident :bheart: . Trying again in 2 weeks time :)

Me?
Lucky for car, 1 attempt only with 6 points.

Motorcycle? Never pass 1 time before..all at least 2 or 3 times.
Worst one was when riding half way....OOPS! The chain falls off :angry:
Fail + push back the bike to parking lot! :sweat:

2b,2a,2,3 - all at first attempt

reno77 said:
Passed on my first attempt for all :) . 12 points for practical.
My instructor's most frequent comment was "Slow down slow down, you're only L plate, cannot go faster than 50kmh". I think the stress of being a driving instructor got to him. He passed away about 2 years ago from heart attack.

Oh! You killed him! :devil:

philshots said:
During warm-up session, instructor taught me a "new" way to lane change. It was more like defensive driving - cut in fast - that was the coolest way to change lane - I thought to myself.

Coolest way to get into an accident? :bsmilie: :bigeyes:

Passes on 1st attempt @ what I hear as sure fail ubi... :D

Singapore is a good place to learn driving as it is strict and the system does not allow people to cheat like in some Asian countries. I only passed the second try (in Singapore) during a practical test. In the first test, there was a misunderstanding as the tester thought i did not see the biker. Naturally, i debated with him. Then he gave me all the wierd circuits to help me accumulate points over very insignificant mistakes. It was a very long test as he realised he could not fail me that easily. He made me do s-curve more than 3 times, parallel park several times, went out on a super long drive on the road going in circles, etc. I knew he wanted to revenge and made me feel sorry for debating; so i let him be since he was in charge to say the least.

The second test was a breez and i passed with a single digit. The instructor thought my profession was a pilot for some reasons.

Still fresh with knowledge in driving,, I went to Canada to study and at the same time taught schoolmates how to drive. under my training, all of them passed (in the first attempt) actually as i devised my own circuits to help people learn in a fun, but organised way. Well, driving test in Canada and usa was alot easier actually so i might not have been that great either.

For those who are about to take the driving test, all i have to say is to remember 1 point that i hope can enlighten:
The examinar is in charge and he owes it to the society if he allows a bad driver on the road. So, his social responsibility is extremely high and do accept and try to understand why most people fail the first time (me inclusive).

Yes, there are alot of tales floating that say the tester lost money gambling, quarrelled with wife, lost a pet, etc, but those are just excuses to make one feel better.

After driving for some years, it is an unforgivable thought why there are some bad drivers on the road. Perhaps people's driving habbits do change over time.

Oh, as for young pretty ladies taking the test, do remember that the eximinars do trade with each other for chio bu and take them out on test routes. Well, that's the fun that they have since it is quite boring having to fail people everyday. But it is not too much of a concern since the benchmark is still the same whether chio bu or lau ah pek.

All the best for those who are about to take the test. I am sure you can do well with all the right skills and mindset. And do remember, the tester is always right as he is in charge.

Cheers and happy driving.

I pass on 2nd attempt.:cry: 1st attempt too aggressive. In fact I practised very little with my private instructor before going for the tests as I am a bike rider. During my 1st practise, I drive like Ah guah. Then instructor suan me and tell me to drive like the way I ride my bike. After that , he say I can rest until prior to my test date then I book some revision. :bsmilie:Why I fail first time??? Stop behind the white line at junction. Then moved the car in front of the white line before the lights turn green. :devil: -Typical biker syndrome.

woo hoo... it's time for me to hao lian!!!

Class 2B - Passed on first attempt
Class 2A - Passed on first attempt
Class 2 - Passed on first attempt
Class 3 - Passed on first attempt

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.