How long do you drag before registering online....

Eijnaix

Jan 5, 2009
As tittle.....for canon products :D

7 days.. :)

why should you drag?
same .. why you want to drag? ..
only valid reason is, you want to sell it immediately and the new owner can register on his/her name.

Anyway, lets clear the myth .. ur warranty period is 12-15 months from the date of purchase, irrespective of your registration date. So some moron says "not yet registered" does not really make any sense.
Canon generally does not check whether the product is registered on your name or not. They just verify whether the product is still under warranty or not based on receipt/invoice.

unless the shop gives you 7 days to 1 on 1 exchange if there is problem.. mostlikely NOT!.. they will ask you go to canon if you found problem after you brought home

same .. why you want to drag? ..
only valid reason is, you want to sell it immediately and the new owner can register on his/her name.

Anyway, lets clear the myth .. ur warranty period is 12-15 months from the date of purchase, irrespective of your registration date. So some moron says "not yet registered" does not really make any sense.
Canon generally does not check whether the product is registered on your name or not. They just verify whether the product is still under warranty or not based on receipt/invoice.

Canon do not check the receipt or warranty card if you registered online. This can be proven by those who has visited the CSC. So those people say might sometime be true where you can register the warranty just before the warranty expires and this will give them a few more months. Of cos you cannot future dated the warranty till it is so obvious.

Canon do not check the receipt or warranty card if you registered online. This can be proven by those who has visited the CSC. So those people say might sometime be true where you can register the warranty just before the warranty expires and this will give them a few more months. Of cos you cannot future dated the warranty till it is so obvious.

Sure or not??

Most of the service centres use some sort of software for tracking. One of the basic function of that software is to tell you estimated age of the item based on Sr No... in case the difference between estimated age and your claimed age is substantial then they will definitely ask for proof of purchase.... otherwise they will just ignore. don't assume Canon so foolish!!

I bought my 40D back in May 2008. And just remembered I haven't registered the warranty until around Feb 2010.When I register,it show like this.

Screenshot2010-07-09atPM044510-1.png

Just my thought, maybe once the product sold the shop will inform Canon about it and Canon will from time to time check on it ? Just like stock checking.

Just a thought though.

Under normal situation I will just register the product immediately after 7 days if nothing wrong with it.

Just to add to my above post.

The warranty shows expires in 07/08/09 no matter I register it in Feb 2010.

meaning what kaylan2000 trying to say on his earlier post is correct.

Just my thought, maybe once the product sold the shop will inform Canon about it and Canon will from time to time check on it ? Just like stock checking.

Most of the supply chain try to implement this process however, not many shops really follow it religiously and hence it is not a foolproof process. For high value items, inventories are tracked very closely, where as for low value items, it's not enforced.

Sure or not??

Most of the service centres use some sort of software for tracking. One of the basic function of that software is to tell you estimated age of the item based on Sr No... in case the difference between estimated age and your claimed age is substantial then they will definitely ask for proof of purchase.... otherwise they will just ignore. don't assume Canon so foolish!!

I bought my 40D back in May 2008. And just remembered I haven't registered the warranty until around Feb 2010.When I register,it show like this.

Screenshot2010-07-09atPM044510-1.png

Just a thought though.

Under normal situation I will just register the product immediately after 7 days if nothing wrong with it.

Just to add to my above post.

The warranty shows expires in 07/08/09 no matter I register it in Feb 2010.

meaning what kaylan2000 trying to say on his earlier post is correct.

what i meant is that you register using a new date of purchase. Meaning if you buy the lens in jan, coming dec, you can register the warranty using a purchase date in Jun10, this mean that your warranty will expire on Sep11 including the 3 months free warranty.

Of cos i am not asking people to register the warranty for very old lenses cos it is not logical. but recent purchase or 6 months delay can be done.

I think many people are doing that cos Canon is not checking the receipt. they will normally enter the lens serial number and if you are registered, they will know the details.

I brought a lens down to Canon and this was purchase 2nd from a seller and was registered under his name. I told them it is purchase 2nd hand and ask him to check. Then he ask me whether wanted to change to my name which i did.

they don't even bother to check the receipts or warranty card.

I hope this post will not make canon to revise their process..if needed i will remove this.

Once tested ok. Normally, most of us would not wait another week to test the stuff we get.
Normally for me, within 2 - 3 days.:angel:

I usually just registered when I need to bring the item for servicing.

Personally I don't register in case I am selling my gear, the buyer can then register under his/her name. Don't need to change name, etc.

U can make this thread, cannot go register?

i am too lazy to reg LOL!
so will only reg when i rmb :p ~

registered! xD

Never ever have purchased brand new. And on the rare occasion that I do, it is a grey import. So I have never registered online. Wouldn't even know how!