How do you handle your laundry?

Right now I have someone hand wash my laundry at home. I am trying to change to machine wash. I would like to find out how do you handle your laundries. This is especially so headache if you have mother, wife and young kids at home. How do you machine wash their lingeries? You cannot mix the bras and panties. You cannot mixed mother, wife and children panties for hygiene reasons. Then there is my underwear. And my dad`s underwear. And you cannot mixed the bras cos of different material. Then there are the tops, pants and blouses. How huh? The washing machine have to use so many washes, rinses and spin dry - quite high water consumption.

So how do you handle your laundry for your home?

Things to consider

1. Water Efficiency Label - 3 ticks Excellent
2. Newer model - 2012 or 2013
3. Direct Drive - Energy efficient
4. Water Level Setting - the more steps the merrier e.g. 10-steps

If it is worth the effort, the last rinse water can be re-use.

Presently using LG WFT7061DD for spin dry with the above features.
The clothes are less crumpled (easy-to-iron) and drier ( dries faster ) compared with an older Fisher & Paykel.

just use... i don't see why cannot wash all clothes together. not dirty... in the end all clean anyway...

Is there a washer that mimic handwash . I know there are quite a few that have this feature but really scrubbing handwash. My mom is quite particular about this. She insists that clothes will not be clean until you give it a scrub.

Yes, modern washing machines have a "hand wash" program.

Just Google [ washing machine hand wash program ]

There are at least 2 contrasting reasons to choose to hand wash:
• when you scrub manually and vigorously because the durable clothing item is very dirty.
• when the clothing item is extra delicate and you worry that washing machine wash may be too rough and damage it.

If you have a maid and want the maid to hand wash all clothing items for a large family, it is tough on her. Just try it yourself for a full wash load yourself, for one day.
Not sure if this constitutes maid abuse. Maybe not yet.

If there is no maid and your mum is doing the hand wash, it is time to relieve her of this drudgery. Old folks may suffer rheumatism or arthritis in the fingers from sustained exposure to water. If you really must hand wash and there is no maid, do it yourself.

Last edited: