how did you meet your spouse?

How did you meet your spouse?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's the chasing that's the fun part.... Once he gets what he wanted all his life, then going to be boring.. He doesn't want it to end? You going to tell us the answer soon or what? I never watched Cinema Paradiso... but now you make me want to watch it just to find out why....

Stereobox said:
any one watched Cinema Paradiso?

there's a story told by 1 of the characters which i found touching. here it is..
(i changed some parts here and there, cos my recollection not so good)

there was once an ancient kingdom. there lived a pretty princess, and a young soldier who fell in love with her on first sight. he had seen her many times as she walked past the castle gates, where he was on guard duty.

one day, he finally found the courage to go up to her and say, "your royal highness, please pardon me for saying this, but i'm in love with you. will you accept my love?"

the princess was shocked, but she composed herself. she looked at him with her eyes, turned up her nose and said "and who are you, to think you are fit enough for a princess? you are but a foot soldier. away, haste haste!"

the soldier's heart dropped at that instant, but not broken. he stood fast.

surprised by the soldier's determination, the princess said again "ok then, very well. if you will wait for me every night, under my bedroom window...at the end of a 100 nights, i will give you my love".

with that, he returned to his post and the princess walked away, for her manicure appointment.

and so, that very night onwards, after his guard duty, the humble foot soldier would make his way to the royal highness's bedroom window and wait for her faithfully. rain or shine, snow or wind, he would stand below her window without fail.

and each time, the window remains shut.

his comrades, and even his sergeant would visit him, and advise him to give up. "she's too good for you...you are nothing..there are many girls out there" but still, the soldier hold true to his feelings. a 100 nights of suffering is nothing compared to an eternal life of bliss.

however, on the 99th night, just 1 more night before the promised 100th night, when the princess would finally give him her love, the soldier packed up and walked away, never to return again.

WHY?? :bheart:

(those who have seen the movie, please let the others guess)

micky said:
Because it's the chasing that's the fun part.... Once he gets what he wanted all his life, then going to be boring.. He doesn't want it to end? You going to tell us the answer soon or what? I never watched Cinema Paradiso... but now you make me want to watch it just to find out why....

It was only one more night before she'd be his.. But he knew it was impossible for them to be together as there was no way her promise could be kept.. He'd be killed.. So for at least 99 days, he'd live under the illusion that she was there waiting for him..

micky said:

you should .. its a very touching movie. i think it is a film which will appeal to anyone of all ages.

Stereobox said:
you should .. its a very touching movie. i think it is a film which will appeal to anyone of all ages.

tell us the ending already!!! :angry:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
he waited at the wrong window... hehehehehe... tats the queen's one...

U serious? :sweat:

u sure it was cinema paradiso?

I loved that film but somehow I don't remember the story about the soldier.

I all rem of the film was during the ending, that main guy watched all the shows with kissing scenes again and it was very touching... somehow this scene was etched in my mind...

I thought the show was about someone's love for the cinema.... nothing to do with soldier and princess...

wind30 said:
u sure it was cinema paradiso?

I loved that film but somehow I don't remember the story about the soldier.

I all rem of the film was during the ending, that main guy watched all the shows with kissing scenes again and it was very touching... somehow this scene was etched in my mind...

I thought the show was about someone's love for the cinema.... nothing to do with soldier and princess...

i watched the film twice .. once the original version years ago, and recently the director's cut (which added alot of extra footage!!). i think the storytelling part was part of the extra footage(?). Alfredo was telling teenaged Toto the story, and it contains a hidden message for him which he wants him to find out himself.

yeah, the ending was really touching! :bsmilie: the town square madman was pretty funny too :bsmilie:

Met my wife 12 yrs ago through friend's intro, aka blind date. Been through ups and down for 12 yrs toghther, and now we're happily married. My 1st GF and I'm her 1st BF.... :lovegrin:

Stereobox said:
i watched the film twice .. once the original version years ago, and recently the director's cut (which added alot of extra footage!!). i think the storytelling part was part of the extra footage(?). Alfredo was telling teenaged Toto the story, and it contains a hidden message for him which he wants him to find out himself.

yeah, the ending was really touching! :bsmilie: the town square madman was pretty funny too :bsmilie:

so he's standing under the queen's room all the time?

Nisa said:
so he's standing under the queen's room all the time?

no...he was standing...under...the King's room! :bsmilie:

no la, joking.

i think Firefox has already given the spoiler away.

what if the princess broke her promise at the 100th night? the soldier's heart will be broken forever.

but if he leaves at the 99th night, at least he will keep to himself the hope that the princess will love him back. thus preserving the beautiful thought.

but my friend got say something...why he so stupid, he should have left on the 1st night in that case :bsmilie:

to me, at least, that 99 nights proved his true love.

Stereobox said:
but if he leaves at the 99th night, at least he will keep to himself the hope that the princess will love him back. thus preserving the beautiful thought.

but my friend got say something...why he so stupid, he should have left on the 1st night in that case :bsmilie:

to me, at least, that 99 nights proved his true love.

KBL AH!!!! :sticktong :sticktong

Stereobox said:
i think Firefox has already given the spoiler away.
:bigeyes: :bigeyes: I never watched the movie before wor... LOL...

Hey...the movie sounds familiar...the last part when he was watching all the kissing scenes, with tears in his eyes, they were actually spliced together from all the cut scenes from several movies by the projectionist as a gift to him right? ;p

Stereobox said:

Is the director's cut DVD available in Singapore shops?? where to find huh?

av98m said:
Hey...the movie sounds familiar...the last part when he was watching all the kissing scenes, with tears in his eyes, they were actually spliced together from all the cut scenes from several movies by the projectionist as a gift to him right? ;p

yea...those were the film edits which Alfredo refuse to give to Toto when he was a small boy. but Toto would often sneak some home and recreate stories with them.

it was such a pity Toto only received the gift when attending Alfredo's funeral. so sad..yet poignant

hmm..seems like "from school" is leading the pack, followed by "others"

i still don't know what the "others" are :bsmilie:

wake up in the morning and find a stranger beside you whom you call 'wife' or 'husband' ? :bsmilie:

lol, channel news asia 's Get Real! program is going to do a show on 'office romance' :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.