Honda Crossroad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh, i have not been shopping for cars... But i guess, they are slowly but surely moving out from Japan assembly for their export models.

I wont be surprised that Lexus may come from Thailand in the future.
Errm. Might be possible. But i believe, their only pride left is on Lexus. Haha. Japanese hate to lose face. Especially to their biggest rival Honda. Honda over took them in sales.

The new Altis was not a big hit like the previous one. Engine the same. The much awaited 5 speed gear box variant was not brought in by Borneo Motors. Many paid extra and go the Honda civic instead.

GMAN

ahh, i have not been shopping for cars... But i guess, they are slowly but surely moving out from Japan assembly for their export models.

I wont be surprised that Lexus may come from Thailand in the future.

Given the branding and Qc of lexus, they probably have to ship a couple of senior japanese engineers to thailand too:bsmilie:

But I once heard that all lexus cars are 100% inspected on all the parts of the car by senior engineers? Anyone knows if its true?

Woots nice cars! Haha, i'm aiming for the peugeot207/308, mini cooper s....

But my ultimate aim is mercz ML350/GL450. Simply love this two cars! BTW, there is only 2 register GL450 in SG at the moment....
Sometimes buying a car in Singapore needs to be practical. I'm not looking for a car above anything more than 2.4 Litres. Maximum if i have the cash, i'll take a 3.0 Litre car.

You may be able to afford the car. But don't forget about the ROAD TAX and SERVICING. Many Singaporeans buy big cars to show off, but later get stuck, being unable to pay for the instalments, road tax and servicing. Buy something that is practical, useful.

Cars around 2.4 and above are usually for long distance like in Europe or bigger countries. For Singapore. I think a 1.6L to 2.0L car is good and decent enough.

GMAN

i wish i can drive my classmate's 640hp car here... but he is a mad driver.:bsmilie:

Yeap. I know about that too. Thats the problem. Somehow, Toyota forgot to bring over their QC to Thailand as well. If your screws rust a little, it's normal, due to wear and tear. Exposure to moisture and such. But the screws should not come out at any instance unless subjected to impact.

GMAN

No impact leh, bumper swee swee one, dun even have any scratch....

Given the branding and Qc of lexus, they probably have to ship a couple of senior japanese engineers to thailand too:bsmilie:

But I once heard that all lexus cars are 100% inspected on all the parts of the car by senior engineers? Anyone knows if its true?
Like i said, Japanese are crazy over their pride. What you said above is true. Just take the Nissan GTR. 1 engineer assembles 1 engine by himself.

GMAN

Honestly, their plant in Thailand is not just about assembly... It's about cost cutting. Hence, some parts are not sourced equal. fyi.

No impact leh, bumper swee swee one, dun even have any scratch....
Haha. Then it's quality fault. Any way, as long as it's under warranty, it'll be fixed F.O.C. If it's really a persistant problem and Toyota cannot fix it within the warranty period, i believe when you send the car for servicing, you still can ask for it to be fixed. It's part of after sales customer service.

GMAN

Honestly, their plant in Thailand is not just about assembly... It's about cost cutting. Hence, some parts are not sourced equal. fyi.
True True. Not to say that they are not equal. They are similar, just not equally good. Haha.

Lexus is still made in Japan. If that too goes to Japan, then i've nothing to say anymore. I don't want something that is cheap and horrible. I rather pay a little more to get something better.

GMAN

Sometimes buying a car in Singapore needs to be practical. I'm not looking for a car above anything more than 2.4 Litres. Maximum if i have the cash, i'll take a 3.0 Litre car.

You may be able to afford the car. But don't forget about the ROAD TAX and SERVICING. Many Singaporeans buy big cars to show off, but later get stuck, being unable to pay for the instalments, road tax and servicing. Buy something that is practical, useful.

Cars around 2.4 and above are usually for long distance like in Europe or bigger countries. For Singapore. I think a 1.6L to 2.0L car is good and decent enough.

GMAN

Yar lor, thats why that have gonna be the ultimate aim when i have enuf $$ then can retire and shake leg, everyday drive either cars and go all around....:bsmilie:

But it could very well be a dream which might not come true in my whole life.... Both are very expensive cars... The ML is $225k while the GL is $345k.... But haha, its good to have dreams to motivate me:)

its a lambo which he paid 1.4m sgd

he has a fleet of some other cars too...
Oooh nice. He's rich i guess. Haha. Even if i could afford one, i wouldn't drive that. The Nissan GTR owns every single major sports car manufacturer big time. It's track records are just fantastic. Even beating the Porsche 9-11.

GMAN

Yar lor, thats why that have gonna be the ultimate aim when i have enuf $$ then can retire and shake leg, everyday drive either cars and go all around....:bsmilie:

But it could very well be a dream which might not come true in my whole life.... Both are very expensive cars... The ML is $225k while the GL is $345k.... But haha, its good to have dreams to motivate me:)
If you can get close to the little sisters like the C-Class or the E-Class, just purchase the AMG sports kit. Exactly the same, just the engines are different. Haha.

GMAN

Oooh nice. He's rich i guess. Haha. Even if i could afford one, i wouldn't drive that. The Nissan GTR owns every single major sports car manufacturer big time. It's track records are just fantastic. Even beating the Porsche 9-11.

GMAN

he drives that to KL, too. he is a mad bastxxx:bsmilie:

At 300km/h... i dont think any rober behind a proton will be able to smell him

Last edited:
Haha. Then it's quality fault. Any way, as long as it's under warranty, it'll be fixed F.O.C. If it's really a persistant problem and Toyota cannot fix it within the warranty period, i believe when you send the car for servicing, you still can ask for it to be fixed. It's part of after sales customer service.

GMAN

True, everytime drive back to BM's workshop, the technician just take a new screw and screw it back. No charges nothing. The first time abit shocked that no charges... But the guy there say, aiyah one screw how to charge? Then we juz laugh it off:bsmilie:

True, everytime drive back to BM's workshop, the technician just take a new screw and screw it back. No charges nothing. The first time abit shocked that no charges... But the guy there say, aiyah one screw how to charge? Then we juz laugh it off:bsmilie:
True. Later he charges you like Canon does. $0.50 for part. $120 for labour Haha.

GMAN

its a lambo which he paid 1.4m sgd

he has a fleet of some other cars too...

GMAN

Yea, both are very nice cars! But somehow the GTR lacks the jaw dropping effect leh.... IMO, Lotus are nice too!

he drives that to KL, too. he is a mad bastxxx:bsmilie:

At 300km/h... i dont think any rober behind a proton will be able to smell him
Actually the robbers have upgraded themselves. They stole so many cars, and they have a fleet of E class AMGs. Scary right. Thanks to Singaporeans who ride them over to show off, but don't know how to FLOOR the pedal when someone is chasing you behind. Haha.

GMAN

If you can get close to the little sisters like the C-Class or the E-Class, just purchase the AMG sports kit. Exactly the same, just the engines are different. Haha.

GMAN

Oh yes! speaking of which, the C class is very chio oso! probably one of the nicest looking sedan out there....

Status
Not open for further replies.