Ho ho ho, smrt bus drivers go on strike

The General sounds very serious. Looks like the strikers now need a good lawyer to defend them.

Police has taken over!

Regardless where you go, you follow their laws there.

"Blow hot air"?? Wrong. Banks don't pay my losses in structured products. Nothing I can do? Wrong again. Go Speaker corner to protest and make yourself heard. So what happened? Rest is history. No use ? Talk to those folks. You think Speaker Corner is to sing Karaoke?

Someone needs to be spanked for his sub-standard english! Why aren't you using the Queen's English?
You cannot do that, especially after you decided to wage war with the grammar nazis!

Tsk Tsk Tsk.

"Blow hot air"?? Wrong. Banks don't pay my losses in structured products. Nothing I can do? Wrong again. Go Speaker corner to protest and make yourself heard. So what happened? Rest is history. No use ? Talk to those folks. You think Speaker Corner is to sing Karaoke?

On a more serious note. I still have no idea what you are trying to say with your english. You said wrong twice, without saying what you have done at all.

I congratulate you on behalf of Clubsnap for wasting the time of our members while providing entertainment to go with it.

There are laws in Singapore. If you want to organise a strike, please feel free to do so. Just remember to give the 14 days notice beforehand, while we find someone else to take over your job.

Alternatively, you can choose to negotiate nicely over a cup of coffee and choose to leave quietly if your needs are not met. No one is taking a gun, pointing at your head and forcing you to stay.

Last edited:
Hi, Spencer Goh.

Still providing freelance photography services at cheap rates below market price?

:eek::eek: So he's the one who has been pushing wages down!
Whoa, very cunning fella, spoil the market rate, push other people's earnings down, then encourage them to protest and go on strike :confused::confused:

Regardless where you go, you follow their laws there.

I doubt that they are aware of the local laws. I mean when you work overseas do you study its laws first? At most maybe about immigration, and taxation.

hanzohattori said:
I doubt that they are aware of the local laws. I mean when you work overseas do you study its laws first? At most maybe about immigration, and taxation.

Ignorance is not a defense.

gnbannersoc.jpg

Arrest underway at 27 Woodlands Sector 1. Photo depicted is for visualisation purpose only.

Last edited:

Actually, If I were to work overseas, prob the few things I would find out is the (basic) employment laws. Not so much about criminal laws.. Unless you are already intending to exploit the law to do something unlawful :bsmilie:

hanzohattori said:
Yeah no doubt the gahmen think so. But slapping everyone with draconian laws is not something that I can call sensible.

My friend, please have a basic understanding of law before making those comments.

You may think it is draconian, and you are entitled to that.

I am merely saying that ignorance is not a valid defense in court. If the defense is remotely sensible, ignorance will definitely not be the manner in which the defense builds its case.

Imagine "Oh, I didn't murder is illegal.". If ignorance is a valid defense, then any murderer can claim to be unaware of local laws and be acquitted.

I hope the garmen will be cautious so that this does not escalate into a diplomatic incident. Otherwise we may need to deploy the air force next. :bsmilie:

5.jpg

Tan Chuan Jin would be able to handle this and resolve.

After this episode, Singapore must think through the wisdom of bringing in large numbers of foreigners suddenly.

Foreigners who have grown up in their own country have their own perspective and view points. Which may be different from ours.

Yeah no doubt the gahmen think so. But slapping everyone with draconian laws is not something that I can call sensible.

Draconian law? What are you referring to? If you open a company, and your employees refuse to work, would you still call this draconian law? Bear in mind, they signed the agreement, they did not come here under false impressions. Whatever sentiments they feel, there should always be a proper channel to express their grievances, if it does not get answered then work elsewhere. Being humane doesn't mean you have to condone a wrongdoing.

Tan Chuan Jin would be able to handle this and resolve.

After this episode, Singapore must think through the wisdom of bringing in large numbers of foreigners suddenly.

Foreigners who have grown up in their own country have their own perspective and view points. Which may be different from ours.

Maybe Singapore need to consider greater use of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) like other countries.

Dark Roasted Blend: Future Tech Review

Automated guided vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1343913861_54bad38c13.jpg

Draconian law? What are you referring to? If you open a company, and your employees refuse to work, would you still call this draconian law? Bear in mind, they signed the agreement, they did not come here under false impressions. Whatever sentiments they feel, there should always be a proper channel to express their grievances, if it does not get answered then work elsewhere. Being humane doesn't mean you have to condone a wrongdoing.

Well I can withhold their pay, for one. Do I always have to settle my company's problem with the help of the authorities? I think this incident does not cause more damage than the MRT outage. And even for that one, the ones who is responsible got away quite easily. I'm not saying that they are innocent. I'm just saying that the authorities is a bit over reacted.

Well I can withhold their pay, for one. Do I always have to settle my company's problem with the help of the authorities? I think this incident does not cause more damage than the MRT outage. And even for that one, the ones who is responsible got away quite easily. I'm not saying that they are innocent. I'm just saying that the authorities is a bit over reacted.

This is an essential service that has been disrupted.
Even in liberal Norway when O&G workers went on strike, their govt stepped in to force them back to work as O&G is considered essential to them.

Why haven't anyone blamed saw piak wah yet? :bsmilie: