HK buy... NOW!

Good price! May I know which shop and location? Do share if it's convenient thanks :)

Wow 1470 HKD is darn cheap! Which shop is it?

Bought at Tin Cheung at K11 shopping mall top floor. Checked out Domke bags as well, but the price wasn't good compared to US price, though probably better than in SG

Wow, that is cheap. CAn take take a latop and our DLSR?

Those $80 cam + laptop bag? yes... it can... i am looking at those for 14" laptop one somemore...

The nike backpack? This one is big but lightweight and for laptop... but not for Cam so have to put insert for protection... i think i can put 2 bagman insert + my laptop and there will still have space for other small item... also have compartment for a pair of shoes + keep cool compartment for 500ml bottle...:devil:

Oh this week HKD/USD gone up....
the week i go exchange rate is 6.41, now only 6.18(heard from my FB friend who change last night)
the tamon 17-50 2.8 will be SGD$10+ more if buy this week... haha

Here's my haul from today.. Just one item :devil:

311234_10150379601196138_748241137_10552330_1609734035_n.jpg

It look good... and i like too...
but i cannot affort... haha

There is a guide to HK link in here where you can check the price of the things you want and can compare with different shops. Very infomative. I ask my friend to help me bring in a Tamron 17-50vc last year when the rate is still hovering 5.8-5.9 and after converting is around 700+. Now i'm waiting to see if there is any friend who will be going HK to help me collect back Tokina 11-16 as my classmate is working in HK.:)

Planning to ask a friend who is visiting HK to help me get a tamron 17-50. Is this a good idea since there has been many discussions/comments on front focusing/back focusing issues for this lens? Or is it more advisable for me to be physically there to test it out with my own dslr before buying? Many thanks :)

Planning to ask a friend who is visiting HK to help me get a tamron 17-50. Is this a good idea since there has been many discussions/comments on front focusing/back focusing issues for this lens? Or is it more advisable for me to be physically there to test it out with my own dslr before buying? Many thanks :)

If you worry about focusing issue, can buy from local. Secondhand ones are about the same price as new ones from HK, or even slightly cheaper, and they are mostly in mint condition anyway.

As a matter of fact, I got one w/ me, plus a DA1770, haven't decided which one to keep yet ...

for lens..it is always preferred to buy if u can test it first..i got mine in HK as well but only i have tested it first..

Thanks for the replies, now it's got me reconsidering again. I know local sets go for about $599+, so if i get it in hk, can save about close to 200! Another question, is the front/back focusing issue only relevant when you use auto-focus? Buying lens sure is a tedious task :confused:
Thank you! :)

whoa, when was that?? i think the hkd has risen right, seems like it's about $430+ now

Thanks for the replies, now it's got me reconsidering again. I know local sets go for about $599+, so if i get it in hk, can save about close to 200! Another question, is the front/back focusing issue only relevant when you use auto-focus? Buying lens sure is a tedious task :confused:
Thank you! :)

yea..coz if you are manual focusing, then you will determine the focus point yourself..

I thought our Pentax version is body driven, no focusing motor in the lens itself, unlike Nikon & Canon's version. So ours dun have focusing issue. Correct me if i am wrong, for those that have an idea...