Help! the hand grip has become sticky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ... I have a similar problem; where can I get it?

Thanks in advance! :)

If I'm not mistaken, it's hard to get this on the market. Only those in the industry are able to get some.

Heard Isopropyl alcohol vapor is highly flammable - sounds dangerous.

Hi ... I have a similar problem; where can I get it?

Thanks in advance! :)

If you search the net with keywords like "buy isopropyl alcohol singapore", you should be able to find several sources. As IPA is typically for industrial applications, the minimum volume sold may be too much for just sporadic use, mine came in a gallon sized plastic container - but it's became a very handy cleaner (& disinfectant).

Note about use: As the alcohol evaporates very rapidly, it does leave behind a residue rather quickly which you have to buff off - Wet, wipe, buff; wet, wipe, buff ...

Heard Isopropyl alcohol vapor is highly flammable - sounds dangerous.

All the usual precautions around highly flammable liquids apply! - Otherwise it's generally safe, as we usually come into direct contact with it using our bare hands when we wet tissues with it to clean stuff. Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water after use.

U can get IPA from Guardian. Its ard $3 for a bottle.

U can get IPA from Guardian. Its ard $3 for a bottle.

It'll be cool for everyone if you can purchase it from the pharmacy. However, make sure it's 99% pure IPA that you are getting and not what's known as Rubbing Alcohol (for external medical use) which is 70% diluted IPA.

try use a fine talcom powder. It works great on beatup old cameras all the time.

I believe washing is good, too, if you use the right solution and methods.

While trying to get the IPA liquid, tried prickly heat powder and it works! The powder actually picks up the "stickiness" when brushed away from the rubber surface and doesn't stays on the surface causing it to look greyish. Thanks guys!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.