HELP needed!

To put things in perspective.... being humans we all lie now and then. We are all hypocritical now and then. We are all "sinners" for want of a better word (non religious person here). Most people will however make an effort to reduce the above ya ??? So most people are actually nice ??? Unfortunately there are those that choose to make a living in undesirable ways ... while we deplore them, we could also take a step back and think about whether there are circumstances which made them that way ???

Yes... I agree you were cheated, but take it as a life's lesson.

Do your homework before putting money into stuff etc... Its an important lesson because in future, there will be much more times where you need to put in REALLY big amounts of money, like buying life insurance, buying a car (maybe), buying a home, making investments ... This lesson hard as it is now, will teach you (no doubt) to look hard at options, consider, and get 2nd opinions before making any decisions !!! Errors in judgment in those above, will cost tens of thousands and many years to pay up, if ever....

And you do want to take pictures of the kind hearted kid who helped the old granny across the road ya ??? :D

ya agreee with u.. the price i paid probably 450/70 (as quoted from someone earlier) = 6times more... isnt it too much? if just 10-50bucks, is still ok, but now is 6times more.. hw can it be... u wont be buying a car/insurance at 6times more ba?

ya agreee with u.. the price i paid probably 450/70 (as quoted from someone earlier) = 6times more... isnt it too much? if just 10-50bucks, is still ok, but now is 6times more.. hw can it be... u wont be buying a car/insurance at 6times more ba?

well you could be buying insurance that is useless for your purpose and end up not protecting against what you originally intended. Will cost easily hundreds / thousand against no value...

A 2nd hand car or house believed to be good might be rotten inside ... costing thousands in repair .... not six times for sure... but 10s of 1000s will hurt me badbad i know ...

Anyway since you already have your camera now, just shoot with what you have.

In life, there are sinister cons in all area of life, does that means you might as well dun carry on living?

they agreed to xchange.. but other things to be xchange shall be sold at RETAIL PRICE! and he show me again his RETAIL PRICE BOOK!
:angry:

probably you should change to a Raynox...and how much is that in his cheater's book? hope you could utilise the chance to cut down your loss, if you can't get back all...:)

he doesnt have raynox..

haiz.. n everything as per his cheater book will be same as i kena chopped at least 200 bucks

now i going for zoom lense. sadly said, a tamron lense which only 265 will cost me 450.

wow.. another *****ing trick.. NO STOCK for ALL LENSE! WHAT A JOKE!

No stock for all lens?? wow...quite amazing...tell him to write something that says you are entitled to exchange for certain lens but due to no stock, you will collect on other days? This shop is so lame...

Did you record the conversations?

From the way things are going, I think you have enough ground for CASE to take action already.

Can't be true that he really has no stock for ALL lenses.

exactly same items as this seller selling...
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488393

This converter 'lens' should cost a lot less than 100. Personally, I wouldn't buy it even if they offered to be at $15.

You paid $450!! That is enough to get a Nikon D40 with kit lens used in BnS. What a pity.

Well, suck it up, learn and move on. Too bad you got ripped. You are not the first to get ripped off by Bally. They are considered a 'black' shop.

Did you record the conversations?

From the way things are going, I think you have enough ground for CASE to take action already.

Can't be true that he really has no stock for ALL lenses.

CASE cannot do anything.

Bally is probably blacklisted already. Just like another 200 shops in SLS. And you never heard of customers getting beaten up by the stores? I grew up around SLS and SLT. It used to happen all the time, shop staff beating up complaining customers.

My advice, suck it up and move on.

CASE cannot do anything.

Bally is probably blacklisted already. Just like another 200 shops in SLS. And you never heard of customers getting beaten up by the stores? I grew up around SLS and SLT. It used to happen all the time, shop staff beating up complaining customers.

My advice, suck it up and move on.

CASE will not do anything for Bally selling stuff at crazy prices.

But denying a customer service and blatantly lying about the availability of goods?

That's a whole different issue right.

Right now the TS is just trying to have the cheapo "converter" exchanged for something more worthwhile for the amount she had paid already...

Yeah, they showed me the retail price of the converter to me, which is $2199. even i wanna make complaint to CASE or what also cant, as the price they sold is way below the retail price.
Hopefully tomorrow they willing to change the converter to raynox when i bring it back to them.
btw, is raynox also cant see anything when its far distance?

An you believe this retail book is real??? Geee you are so easy to cheat. No wonder they got you good.

Maybe it is japanese yen? :bsmilie:

CASE will not do anything for Bally selling stuff at crazy prices.

But denying a customer service and blatantly lying about the availability of goods?

That's a whole different issue right.

Right now the TS is just trying to have the cheapo "converter" exchanged for something more worthwhile for the amount she had paid already...

Please remember every store has the right to refuse service to anyone and the right to refuse to sell to anyone.

If stores can beat up customers and still stay open. How much trouble do you think Bally will get into, if CASE get on their case? *shrug*

Last edited:
wow.. another *****ing trick.. NO STOCK for ALL LENSE! WHAT A JOKE!

I would take a display set right in plain sight. He can't say it is out of stock right?

Anyway, from the looks of it, your money is gone. Good luck. Unless you want to get to alternative and non-conventional methods, your money is gone.

Last edited:
Please remember every store has the right to refuse service to anyone and the right to refuse to sell to anyone.

If stores can beat up customers and still stay open. How much trouble do you think Bally will get into, if CASE get on their case? *shrug*

I wonder what they will say if TS asks to buy so-and-so lens after that.

Suddenly got stock? Suddenly got service?

EDIT: What I mean is simply that TS should find means to somewhat "recover" her loss. Be it "alternative and non-conventional methods" that you mentioned or not. And as you said, that money is enough to get a second hand D40 + 18-55. It's not small money at all when you put it like that...

Last edited:
Cheers UP !what other say :thumbsup::thumbsup:move-on.

Can we post that shop here? or that person ? Is it possible ???:angry::angry:
This is Singapore, We cant do any extreme action... But will provide a round trip ticket to that guys for free to Bali...

Last edited:
thx all for the reply..
i would go for CASe cuz he gave wrong info n not about the price.
anyway, got it changed to sigma lense which can be bought at other shops at around 300. so recovered lost from 400 to 150, which i think ok ba.. treat it as a lesson.
i admit that i am quite easy to cheat as i am not exposed to such a dirty environment and i really never thought that ppl would live to lie or lie to live..
and.. as the black shop say they don sell raynox n other canon lenses are out of stock, i got a zoom lense, n hence, wont be learning close up or macro photography for the time being..
thx all for the advise, comments etc.
see u guys around