Help - Difficult to choose - NEX-5 or C3?

Please do try to use some initiative next time instead of expecting others to do your googling for you. ;)

Don't be so lazy as to expect a review/comparison catered to your particular spoon-feeding needs, sometimes you have to use that gray matter between your ears...

You tell me to be more courteous as I was first describe as no brain ?

Dear Notred, from scanning thru the entire thread, dun think at any time, Raskhae described you as no brain, he only implied that you should use your brain more extensively. Still not the most courteous way of putting it across, but that's his direct style of encouraging you to do more research on your own. And he did use the word please in his first post. and from the subsequent posts, it's quite clear that the comparison can be googled... maybe your keywords were wrong lar...

Anyway, as a newbie, I have also previously felt put down by the harsh way that he dishes out his advice, but that's how it is, I dun think his intention was to put you down

Bro Raskhae: but sometimes, that's how it comes across. I have felt it before too. Then I read back and just decide not to feel insulted. haha... and I learn !

Maybe everyone just had a bad day today. Well, the weekend is coming, relac and shoot some nice pics !

Kei1309

I had read the DP thread and it was, in fact, the very first motivation for my initial question...
As in the second post (or other post too) the 18200 was describe as having a "superior optics" and the above statement was the opposite, I was curious to see on which base it was made...

Regarding Chinese web pages, I have to admit that I generally limit my research to English documents (automatic translation are usually from average to bad)...
But looking at the pictures, I tend to backup the 18200 superiority over the 1855

Dear metranquility

That's exactly the point...

I can't deny that I'm a "camera" beginner and that I have everything to learn about that... Unfortunately, inferring from that point (and the fact that I'm new on the forum) that I did not search before asking nor don't know how to use Google is a non sense... It remind me the RTFM of the old newsgroup time which was more used as a protection against newbies than a real and appropriate feedback...

I'm sorry, I'm too old to let such bad behavior happen without reacting (specially when against me)...

And if I want to push a bit further, as stated in my answer to Kei1309 all elements found so far tend to show the opposite of Rashkae statement... the question still open so....

Well, and in order to add a more positive contribution, I have a C3 and the 18200, so any question about them will be welcome...

Kei1309

I had read the DP thread and it was, in fact, the very first motivation for my initial question...
As in the second post (or other post too) the 18200 was describe as having a "superior optics" and the above statement was the opposite, I was curious to see on which base it was made...

Regarding Chinese web pages, I have to admit that I generally limit my research to English documents (automatic translation are usually from average to bad)...
But looking at the pictures, I tend to backup the 18200 superiority over the 1855

but remember bro... it's the size that would turn off someone who frequently travels ;)

You re right regarding the size, but It still manageable most of the time on my opinion and when not (going out diner,etc...), I switch to the 18/55...
And finally, because my first goal is to be able to take pictures while riding horse and changing lens during the ride is a risky exercise, having a one size fit all lens is very appropriate IMHO ;)

Unfortunately, I have not (so far, but I am leaving for shopping that right now) found an appropriate (ie not an oversized bag for a real DLSR) belt (shoulder is not compatible with horse ridding :embrass:) bag to carry the body+18200...

Just got my NEX-5 + 1855 + 18200 + Accessories today from B***y P***o E*********s :D Was helped/advised by a very nice chap by the name of Jun Hao. First class experience purchasing the system from him.

Thanks to everyone once again for all the inputs/advice.

Oh yeah, the NEX-5 +18200 fit very nicely in my Crumpler 2M$ Home bag that I had for my GF1+14140. Still have space for accessories (spare batt,flash,...) :cool: