Help! Canon 60D Rubber Peeling

Thanks bro. I think CSC should put some soft foam or something on their desk to prevent hard impact if ever they accidentaly drop our precious camera. Just my two cent...

Anyone ever brought their 60D to CSC for this? So how long does it take them to fix it if the replacement grips are readily available?

TIA!

I had my replaced by CSC 2 weeks ago FOC, waited about 2 hours.

I just waited 40minutes when they replaced the rubbers.

The Canon 60D is poorly made IMO, My 60D Rubber started peeling off after two weeks from new! Dust gets in the focus screen and the SI plate very easy
I use my cameras every day and the 60D needs Blowing out once a week , My 7D used in the same conditions and worse only needed blowing out same dust
specs once in the last 8 mouths .. As for warranty in my past experience as long as the cameras are still fully operational i wont sent in my cameras to Canon
for warranty repair, for fear they will come back BROKEN !

so far, mine was also bought in nov 2010..

no issues with rubber..

but i do use some conditioning liquid used for car leather seats to moist it up every 2-3 mths..

dry cab set at 40 %..

if humidity is too low, may cause the glue within to dry and and hence the rubber peels..

so far, mine was also bought in nov 2010..

no issues with rubber..

but i do use some conditioning liquid used for car leather seats to moist it up every 2-3 mths..

dry cab set at 40 %..

if humidity is too low, may cause the glue within to dry and and hence the rubber peels..

Your leather conditioner won't do any good since you're applying it to rubber.

Anyway, I don't think it's an issue with humidity. This is a known issue with the 60D worldwide. I guess they may have had used a bad batch of glue or something.

Just curious is 60d made in Japan? I am quite surprised about their QC and material used. Hope that canon can rectify them for future shipment.

i just bought 60D....oh no this is bad!!!

No worries, CSC warranty should cover the rubber grip. :)

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but do you know the total cost of rubber replacement for 60D? I don't have warranty.
I have read it is about 30-40 SGD, but does that include any service charge?

TIA!

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but do you know the total cost of rubber replacement for 60D? I don't have warranty.

TIA!

Was free for me. My 60d warranty ended in feb. Csc replaced it in march foc in 1 working day (fri-monday). No questions asked.

Was free for me. My 60d warranty ended in feb. Csc replaced it in march foc in 1 working day (fri-monday). No questions asked.

Wow that's nice! Did you have to show your original receipt or old warranty card? Because I bought mine in Hong Kong. :(

Wow that's nice! Did you have to show your original receipt or old warranty card? Because I bought mine in Hong Kong. :(

You need not show anything. Just bring it in and they'll replace it for you for free. Just got my 550D's rubber grip replaced for free. But took about 2 weeks (including weekends) to do. :)

You need not show anything. Just bring it in and they'll replace it for you for free. Just got my 550D's rubber grip replaced for free. But took about 2 weeks (including weekends) to do. :)

Thanks! I'll give it a try. :)

TIA!

I think it's 40SGD. No service charge cos there's no dismantling of the camera. But excludes GST though.