Help! Advice needed for choosing between D700 & D7000

I wonder which shop will be lucky enough to spot you :)
I bought the d7000 initially but sold it off shortly, now that i own d700 ... i am really happy with its performance.
Pretty sure you will like it.

During the course of buying/selling/trading my gear ... i came across some nice shops, here they are
1) Parisilk (HollandV) - prices are very competitive and attitude not too bad. quite willing to help.
2) John3:16 (Funan) - great service, not the lowest price in town ... after sales service consistently good.
3) SLR revolution (funan) - customer service differ from sales to sales, wide variety of products ... overall not too bad but their prices are the highest among.
4) Orient (SLS) - Prices are cheap. Service 7/10 ... not bad.

If prices didn;t really differ by a great deal, I normally visit John3:16 ... else it would be Orient.
happy shopping man ...
Try to avoid SB :)

funny thing is, I consistently get quoted the lowest price by SLRR. This is even true before they know me. now they do recognize me.

But favorite places to shop: OP, TK, SLRR, CP. And I prefer different shops for different items.

Last edited:
Bro, thanks for the advice.

Asking your opinion, currently deciding between set 1 and set 2:

Set 1:
2.8 trinity

Set 2:
20mm, 50mm, 85mm + 24-70

Both set with a macro lens and a teleconverter (1.4/1.7/2.0)

In dilemma because I read a thread regarding misconception about zooming with foot using primes & primes / zoom related.
Beside sharpness, contrast, tone, colour renderation; image quality of the photos taken by prime/zoom also different.
Whereby zoom has the versatility of zooming, prime does train ones composing skill.
However, since zoom has the versatility, the weight is the drawback.
On the other hand, prime does have the tendency makes one lose good shots.
Difficult decision.

You have given this careful thought & the options you narrowed down are all great. Since you've mentioned travel, weight, primes, etc. my suggestion here is D700+24mm f1.4, 85mm f1.4 & 28-300mm f3.5-5.6+SB700+Grip. This is a formidable combination. Of course you can get these items preowned which then allows the addition of more lens/accessories. This especially for the D700 which you can sell when the replacement becomes a reality.

The trinity lens 24-70 & 70-200 are excellent & covers almost everything, but they are very heavy & you still need to keep changing lens, they are not too suited to travel, attract too much attention etc.

With this option, you can just use the cam + zoom + flash (w/o grip) for travel, general walkabout & reserve the primes for the ultimate in lens speed & IQ in serious photography, where time is less a constraint.... The grip works beautifully with the cam.

I agree with DD123, my experiences so far with SLRR are that they offer the most attractive prices around... Good luck!

Last edited:
funny thing is, I consistently get quoted the lowest price by SLRR. This is even true before they know me. now they do recognize me.

But favorite places to shop: OP, TK, SLRR, CP. And I prefer different shops for different items.

Very true indeed. SLRR is the first few shop which I visit for lower price. Already bought a few stuff from there. Also I phoned around from shops to shops before buying, so that I can get the lowest price.

Very true indeed. SLRR is the first few shop which I visit for lower price. Already bought a few stuff from there. Also I phoned around from shops to shops before buying, so that I can get the lowest price.
Better to go down to the shops, and ask on the spot, they may "beng weh" as it's not the same person who quote you on the phone. Then again, if you know the people in the shop, you have no worries.